The Missing piece

Wish You Were Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Choi Yena!”

“What do you want, Yujin?!” Yena ignored how the younger girl calls her without respect but lashed back with an annoyed and angry expression, “Stop asking me to go to the ceremony! I won’t go!”

“But unnie… you know how important that is.” Yujin almost giving up seeing how furious Yena is.

“And you know exactly why I’m not going there, Yujin. It’s meaningless!” Yena crossed her arms as she back-faced the giant puppy. Having an eye contact contest was the worst thing to do in that situation.

Yujin sighs dejectedly and she spoke, “She will be disappointed if she knew about this, unnie.”

“Then tell her to come here and drag me there!” Yena absurdly stood up and shouted angrily at Yujin. She looked at the younger with much frustration as she spoke, “Goddamnit Yujin! You all can drop me out of the team!”

Yena quick to walk out from the room, leaving a loud thud of the door. Yujin grunts frustratingly at her attempt, but she’s more frustrating knowing how impossible Yena’s request is. There’s no way they can bring back someone who out of the world. That just too impossible. However, some part of her or maybe the rest, still hoping that she’s there somewhere. People might see them as hard-headed for not letting go but they will always keep it linger in their mind.

A pat on Yujin’s shoulder made her flinched a little, reminding her that there’s still another presence inside the room.

“Don’t stress yourself too much, Yujin-ah. We have been expecting this. Let her sink our words… I believe she will come.”

Yujin stared at the door and sighed, “I’m sorry, unnie. I hate to see her like that, but I hate it more when we are like this. If only…”

“Yujin… It almost two years. We have been into this last time. It must be still hard for her.”

“It’s still hard for me too, unnie!” Yujin grunted frustratingly. How can she forget that moment? How can she forget her? There’s no way she will ever forget someone dear to her, to them.

“Hey, I understand, okay? It’s still hard for all of us. If someone to take the blame then, I might be the one to take it.”

Yujin shot her gaze in quick to the one with her, “Eunbi unnie…” Yujin didn’t mean it that way but she knows the topic always ended that way. Eunbi will always blame herself even how much they convinced her that it’s not anyone fault.

“Okay, we should stop with the topic. I have to attend the meeting in fifteen,” Eunbi managed to form a smile as she patted Yujin’s arm.

Yujin nodded as she flashed the same intensity smile.

They just have to wait and trust Yena.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hitomi smiled as she watched how the red-haired girl sighed for the umpteen time in the past 30 minutes. She simply gave her attention to the girl who has her back facing her. Noticing how tensed the girl’s shoulder again, Hitomi made her way closer and put her hands on the latter’s shoulder, giving it a little massaged.

“Gosh! Hii-chan! You startled me,” The red-haired girl flinched with her hand on her chest, surprised by the sudden touch.

“You have been sighing a lot, Chaewon unnie. Relax a bit,” Hitomi continued giving massage to Chaewon’s shoulder until the latter finally relaxed a bit.

“Thank you,” Chaewon did not forget to thanks the girl as she took a deep breath.

“What’s in your mind?” Hitomi asked as she pulled the chair beside the red-haired and sit on it, closing the distance between them.

Chaewon once again sighed upon hearing the question. She looked at Hitomi for a second and look away as she spoke, “The ceremony…”

Hitomi holds her breath as the words reach her eardrum. She tried to smile but it came forcefully, “Oh,” That’s the only word came out from .

Silence took them. Chaewon noticed how the blonde has her head down, deep into her thought. Chaewon pulled Hitomi’s hands, squeezing it a little as she let both of their hands rest on her lap.

“The trainees keep talking about it. I tried to ignore but it still hard…” Chaewon spoke while her fingers trailing some shapes on Hitomi’s palm.

Sensing the heavy atmosphere between them, Hitomi can only sigh, “I know, and I admit it is still hard for all of us, especially Yena unnie. She’s acting the same as last time and she asked to be dropped this time,” Hitomi pulled her hands from Chaewon and held her throbbing head. The thought of those arguing and fighting seriously giving her headaches.

“Hitomi, Chaewon…” The two turned their head to the owner of the voice.

“Sakura unnie…” Hitomi called for the voice owner with an unreadable reaction. It’s been a while since they talk to each other. Hitomi glances at Chaewon when she feels Chaewon holding tight her hand.

“Can we talk?” Sakura asks carefully, standing a few feet from the two.

Hitomi hesitated to answer, knowing that Chaewon is not in the mood but the hesitation washed away in quick as she heard Chaewon’s spoke.

“Yeah, sure.”

Sakura takes the seat in front of the two, smiling at them before she started a conversation.

“How are you?”

“I’m fine, unnie,” Hitomi gives a short answer.

“The same, I guess. We’ve been busy rearranging the schedules since they will be recruits soon,” Chaewon answers as she’s flashing a smile.

“Yeah, the recruits,” Sakura paused for a moment as she opens but closing it back. She was not sure how to deliver the news.

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Hitomi asks as she noticed Sakura’s expression.

Sakura handed them a file for each as Chaewon and Hitomi exchanged look, confused.

“What is this?” Chaewon asks as she takes the file.

Sakura just keeps shut as she waited for the two to open the file. As soon as Chaewon and Hitomi opened the file. There was an unreadable atmosphere circling them.

“I hope you two can come back to the team,” Sakura was giving the two a hopeful eye as they had their eyes on her.

“Okay.”

Hitomi snapped her head in quick towards Chaewon when she heard her answer. Sakura smiles widely upon hearing Chaewon’s answer.

“Chaewon?” Hitomi asks for an explanation but only to receive a smile from Chaewon.

Hitomi closed her eyes as she takes a deep breath. She was hesitating…a lot, but she missed it too.

“I accept the order,” Hitomi utters as she looks at Sakura.

“Thank you,” Sakura feels her eyes teary after hearing their answer. She was happy.

Chaewon quickly hugs Hitomi.

“I told you I’ll be there wherever you’re going to,” Hitomi mutters the words to Chaewon.

Sakura feels her heart tighten seeing the sight in front of her as a flash of memory came to her mind. Her tears run down her face as she bites her lips, holding herself from making any sound. However, Hitomi noticed it as she quickly pulled away from Chaewon and the two went to Sakura’s side and hug her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter