First day of college

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hurry up! We’re gonna be late for school!”

Tiffany groans as she glances sleepily at her digital clock. Her long chestnut brown hair covered part of her face. “It’s ing seven o’ clock. Remind me why we’re supposed to be up this early,” she demands, not being very happy about being awakened at this time of day.

Taeyeon frowns down at her friend, who had just completely covered herself up with her blanket. She yanks the cover off. “Because we have Ancient Korean Literature at 8:00, and it’s our first day of college! And remember what Yoona said she heard about that professor?”

The brunette lies on her side, turning her back to her short friend. She frowns while mumbling something incoherent in response.

Taeyeon becomes distracted by the sight, eyeing her friend’s shorts-covered . Whoa. Just look at that nice . Why are you taunting me so early in the morning?

After a minute of staring, she receives a text message from Yuri, asking if they were getting ready.

Taeyeon gasps as she remembers what time it was. “Uh, anyways, she said that one of his pet peeves is students coming into class late, and we don’t want to make a bad impression on the first day!”

Tiffany doesn’t respond.

Ok, she had it coming. Taeyeon slaps her friend’s hard. “Are you listening to me?!”

Despite sounding annoyed, she couldn’t help grinning with satisfaction. Maybe I should do that again to make sure she doesn’t fall asleep.

Tiffany turns back to scowl at her short friend. “Ow! How could I not hear your loud nagging voice?”

Taeyeon maintains her grin as she walks out of Tiffany’s dorm room. Not a bad way to start the day. “We’re leaving in ten minutes, so get ready.”

 

---

 

“Are you girls excited for the first day?” Yuri asks the pair of friends as they get into her car.

“I am! Who knows what lies in store for us?! We’re adults now, at a university!” Sunny replies for them, and then continues chattering. “Maybe we’ll meet the girls of our dreams and have a tempestuous romance! What would you think of that?”

“Why would we want a tempestuous romance?” Taeyeon buckles her seatbelt.

Yuri rolls her eyes as she starts driving. “Oh, right. Our leader wants a safe, steady, boring relationship.”

“There’s nothing wrong with a stable relationship!”

Sunny was already visualizing who she was going to meet. “I’m sure my dream girl is going to be really cute, smart, cool, funny, nice…”

Meanwhile, Tiffany drowsily checks a text message that she had just received.

 

Sooyoung: OMG I met some girls in our class, and one of them is absolutely STUNNING

Tiffany: You had a class already?

Sooyoung: Yeah, unfortunately they only offered the psych class at 7:00. Can you believe that?? But anyways, you’ve got to see her!!! :0

Tiffany: Whatever. Your stunning girls are usually a disappointment

Sooyoung: What a grouch! I guarantee that this one won’t be disappointing

 

“Fany! Why are you so quiet back there?” Yuri calls out to her.

Tiffany puts her phone away and leans her head back onto the headrest of her seat. “I’m so tired; I’ve only had a few hours of sleep last night. I totally regret taking this Lit class already.”

“But it’ll be so fun with the four of us being there!” chirps Sunny. “Sitting in class together, doing homework together, studying for exams together…”

“What did you do last night?” Yuri looks curiously at Tiffany through the rearview mirror.

“That’s none of your business.”

Taeyeon smirks impishly at her tired brunette friend. “I know what she was doing,” she tells Yuri.

Tiffany’s eyes widen, suddenly alert. “Don’t you dare!” she threatens Taeyeon.

“Ooh! Tell us!” insists Sunny, turning to their leader.

Unperturbed by Tiffany’s threat, Taeyeon continues her explanation. “She was up all night, looking through dating websites and writing messages to the girls she met there.”

“I can’t believe you told them!” exclaims Tiffany.

“Dating sites?! Really, Tiff?” Yuri starts laughing.

“Don’t laugh at her! I think it’s great that Fany’s looking for love!” Sunny grins at Tiffany, but she receives a frown in return.

“I think Fany’s going to be meeting someone soon,” adds Taeyeon, smirking. “I’m so proud of her.”

“Shut up!” Tiffany punches her short friend’s arm. Though she was at the point where she was considering meeting some of the girls she was interacting with on the websites, that was information that her friends did not need to know.

“All right, we’re here now!” Yuri parks the car. “It’s our first day, all over again!”

Momentarily forgetting about Tiffany’s late night project, the four girls stepped out and stared at the large university buildings.

“Those buildings sure seem different now, now that we’re officially college students here at SeoulShi U,” Sunny says in awe.

“Yeah,” agrees Yuri, equally in awe.

Taeyeon glances at her phone, and then starts pushing her friends urgently. “Ok, that’s enough staring! We need to get our asses to the lecture hall, now!”

 

The four girls finally managed to find their correct classroom, after asking directions from other students that were wandering the area.

As they stood in front of the large doors, they could hear the professor speaking.

“Damn it! We’re a few minutes late! This is all your fault, Fany!” accuses Taeyeon, staring anxiously at the door.

“Um, maybe we should come back tomorrow?” Yuri says with uncertainty, not liking the idea of walking late into a lecture hall full of students.

“That’s a great idea! I’m sure the professor won’t notice that we weren’t there.” Tiffany would much rather take a nap than risk falling asleep in class on her first day.

Sunny was doubtful of the idea. “Skipping class on our first day? I’m not so sure about that…”

“That’s out of the question! We need to be adults about this, and take responsibility for our actions!” declares Taeyeon adamantly.

Deciding to lead by example, the short leader places her hands on the door. “Follow me!” she commands as she pushes it open.

In front of them was a large lecture hall with seemingly about 300 seated students. Nearly every one of them turns their attention towards the late comers.

The professor, hearing the sound of the door opening, stops speaking and turns to see what the interruption was.

Taeyeon suddenly felt like a deer in headlights. She was not expecting this many people in the room, and the fact that they were all staring at her was just a little bit unnerving. How can so many people be in a class?! Is this even legal?

“Can I help you girls?” The professor spoke in a tone that was neither angry nor friendly, though his face showed a hint of irritation for the interruption.

“What are we gonna do?!” Yuri whispers, trying not to panic.

Sunny was very tempted to run out of the building.

“Come on Taeng, be a leader and take responsibility!” Tiffany pushes her short friend forward.

Taeyeon tries to smile and sound calm. “Uhhhh, we were just, um, h-heading to our seats.”

The professor frowns with disapproval. “I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter