001

The Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Professor Oh Sejoon. The soon to be cause of death for Kim Mirae. She dragged her sleepy feet out of her apartment and took the elevator down to the car park, plotting the least painful and fastest ways to get rid of her fifty-eight-year-old research instructor.

After all, he’s not a ert like Seungwan’s research instructor. Professor Oh was the most decent lecturer in the faculty, so better not give him a painful death.

She sighed in relief once she reached the gleaming charcoal gray car at a corner of the car park.

Thankfully Kim Junmyeon had left his car with his sister while he was visiting their parents in Japan.

Now she doesn’t have to take the subway at six thirty in the morning.

She revved up the engine and took the car out to the streets, returning to jinxing Professor Oh at the back of her head.

* * *

“This is why I prefer handing you all my work kiddo. You’re punctual. And I also like that you always use light blue folders to submit data sheets. That’s my favourite colour you know?”

The elderly man beamed at her and started going through the bunch of A4 sheets she had just handed over.

The girl stood gaping at him.

I stayed up till four thirty eight last night just to finish that one hell of a report without a single mistake, and that’s what impressed him? The light blue cardboard folder?

Has this old man finally lost it???

“Kim Mirae, I need you to do me a favour.”

He raised his head from the documents with a tooth paste grin, bringing her back to earth.

“Yes, professor, what is it?” she asked with the most pleasant smile she could plaster on her lips.

* * *

“Yoona unnie do me a favour...”

The younger girl huffed, getting back into her brother’s car and throwing her counterfeit designer handbag onto the passenger seat.

“Go on Mirae, what is it?”

“My beloved research instructor, Professor Oh Sejoon the senior lecturer of faculty of pharmacy, faculty of life sciences and faculty of medicine in Seoul National University...” she drew a breath and gripped on the stirring wheel. “Needs me to buy black currant macaroons and strawberry latte for his wife from the best store you can find in Seoul.”

A hoot of laughter was heard from the other end of the call. “Running random errands again? Wasn’t it booking tickets to an animated movie last time?”

“Yeah... it has become my weekly routine now.”

“I can almost see dark circles emerging under your eyes from over here Mirae-yah,” her senior batch mate said. “Let’s not talk about it unnie.” Mirae sighed in reply.

“I’ll look into it and text you the locations asap.”

“Gumawo unnie...”

* * *

Thankfully, the location of the sweet house her senior had sent her, wasn’t very far from the university. She parked the car in front of the building in the small alleyway, and walked into the store.

 

A scattering and clashing of furniture, and the sound of flower vases being smashed on the floor made the girl jump right before she paid for the latte and macaroons. Both the customer and cashier looked up at the wooden ceiling, given that the sounds clearly came up from upstairs.

“What’s that?” Mirae asked. “Is someone fighting upstairs?”

“Not sure.” The young cashier boy shrugged. “It’s a men’s hostel in all the four upper floors, so you’ll never know what’s going on in there Miss.”

“I see...” Mirae mumbled, and with a smiley bow, she exited the shop.

 

Back to her only favourite task.

Driving oppa’s new car.

 

Grinning to herself, she started the engine.

The next second almost ended her life in shock, as something huge dropped onto the bonnet of her car with a huge bang. The whole vehicle bounced with the force, and the girl shrieked even before she knew it.

An absolute silence followed the huge crash. Shaking in shock, the girl looked at the ‘thing’ that fell onto her car.

The thing moved.

It’s a man.

He twisted and winced in pain. Still conscious.

HOLY SMOKES IT’S ACTUALLY A FREAKING MAN!!!

Having enough sense to open the door and run out, she was in front of the vehicle in no time. “Are you alright? Oh my God... where did you fall from?”

The man hauled himself up, and slid down from the bonnet with greatest difficult.

Miraculously, he could still stand up.

“Can you stand up? Should I take you to a hospital?” she couldn’t stop pouring out questions, still shaking in both fear and shock.

 

“Just...open...the door.”

His voice came out in a low pant, depicting how hard talking was to him right now.

“Omo, wait.”

The girl ran at once and opened the door to the back seat. And he crawled in, muttering a low “Close it please...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter