Chapter 7 - My Apologies

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

The 4D girls are having a rest day after filming for two weeks straight, so that’s why the main vocalist of the group is currently in the maknae’s hotel room. Each one of them has their own room but Anika is there for a special reason, to make Lei talk to Erika as soon as possible.

She’s not going to force the younger girl to confess her feelings, she just wanted them to go back to being able to tell each other their problems and fix it together. That’s the secret of how the Paprika couple rarely has any fight, they will talk it out as soon as a problem starts.

But right now, Lei is being hardheaded into talking with Erika about her jealousy with Rain, not only as her crush but also as her bestfriend, so she will help her soften with convincing.

“Don’t you think it’s time to stop ignoring Ked unnie?”

“I want to, but I’m scared she would think weirdly about my reason.”

“I don’t think so. She’s the only person in this world who understand you the most.”

“Well, she’ll probably understand that I have feelings for her too. And I don’t want that to happen, it’ll only make our relationship awkward and destroy the dynamic of our group.”

“So, what? You’re just going to push your feelings into a corner until you forget about it?”

“Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m going to do. Feelings fade, so I’ll wait till mine does.”

“That’s going to hurt both of you, and you know it.” Lei seems to agree as she let out a sigh. “Please, talk to her. I don’t want your friendship to fade because of a misunderstanding.”

“It’s not just a miunderstanding.”

“I know, but it couldn’t be that hard to start there.”

“It’s harder than you thought it would be, trust me. It hurts so much.”

“You’re only hurting because you’re not facing Ked unnie. It would get better, promise.”

“Do you know how hard it is to pretend I don’t love her? How hard it is to stop looking into her beautiful blue eyes? To stop listening to her lovely deep voice? With how cool she looks being responsible to how serene she is when she’s sleeping. Tell me, do you know how hard it is to stop from myself falling deeper when my world revolves around her?”

Lei’s gray eyes glistened with unshed tears, but Anika could see the love and longing behind it. She knows Lei loves Erika, but she didn’t know how much…until now. Hearing her say those and seeing her vulnerable, there’s only one thing Anika wanted to happen the most--

Knock, knock.

“Finally.” Anika mumble under her breath as she stood up. “That must be Chase.” but she knows it’s not. The main dancer is currently in her room, waiting for her to finish the task.

The main vocalist took a deep breath. This is it… she thought to herself as she open the door.

--

Erika had been standing infront of the door of Lei’s room. Jeril had managed to convince her earlier into talking to Lei about the misunderstanding in their friendship. The dancer even scared her by saying how she’ll lose the younger girl if she won’t act now. And losing Lei is the worst thing to happen, other than TWICE’s disbandment…but that’s for another thing.

Right now, it’s been 7 minutes and 29 seconds--30--31--32--33--34--35--36--FUDGE IT! She yelled inside her mind as she knocked on the door. It only took a few seconds to open up.

“Leader.”

“Anika? Why are you--”

“I have to go, you two should talk.”

And just like that, Anika rushed out of the room and down the hallway. Erika watched until she disappeared back into her room before turning to face the maknae’s room. She locked eyes with Lei, and she could see those eyes glistening with tears, making her run inside.

“Are you okay?” she asked worriedly as she frantically searched for her handkerchief inside her pockets, but she couldn’t find it so she took off her shirt and offer it to the girl. “Here.”

Lei blushed hard and it took Erika a few seconds before realizing that she’s currently shirtless. The younger girl mumbled a silent please wear it before standing up to grab a pack of tissue. Erika also blushed as she wore her shirt back and waited until Lei is seated before she starts.

“Why are you here?” Lei asked.

“Why were you crying?” Erika asked back.

“I asked first, so you should answer my question first.”

“I came here to apologize. For the past few days, I’ve made my childhood friend a priority than being a leader. And I know it took too long for me to realize, but please forgive me.”

“A-Are you really apologizing?” Erika rarely apologies, especially when it’s not her fault. But Lei stuttered for another reason, she couldn’t believe the girl think she wasn’t being a leader to them, which is a lie because Erika was taking care of Lei even though she was ignoring her.

“Yes, I am. If you’re upset because of that, then I apologize. Or is there any other reasons?”

“N-Nope, no other reasons…at all.” Lei shook her head eagerly, she isn’t ready for that.

“Alright. Well, if they are other reasons and you’re not ready to say it, I’ll wait.”

See? How can Lei stop falling for Erika when the girl is literally a perfect girlfriend material? Kind, pretty, caring, patient…she could list off every good qualities but it’ll take her forever.

“So, are we good?” Erika’s voice interrupted her train of thoughts.

“Yeah, we are.” Lei smiled, but the other girl frowned.

“Nope, we’re not good yet.” she stated.

“W-What do you mean?”

Without saying a word, Erika stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Lei. The latter froze for a second before hugging the older girl back. She could feel their leader smile as she put her chin on top of Lei’s shoulder, which Erika always do whenever they hug each other.

Both of them are tall, but Lei is taller so Erika would always take advantage of her shoulder, either by leaning on it or by putting her chin on it like this. And Lei would reply by leaning her own head on top of Erika’s or by resting her chin on top of the older girl’s head. It’s perfect.

“I missed this.” Lei broke the silence.

“I miss you.” Erika replied back.

“My apologies, Erin-ssi.”

The older girl chuckled but didn’t bother correcting Lei with her name, the younger girl could call her anything and she would never mind. Especially, when Lei calling her sounds perfect.

==========================================================================