Chapter 4 - Cold Atmosphere

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[New York Sports Dome…August 02, 2030]

The sun is scorching, the atmosphere is hot, and yet the girls are preparing to perform. News had spread about the Crawford heiress arrival in the city together with her idol groupmates. Because of that, they were invited to perform in the opening game of the New York Yankees.

It’s supposed to be a happy occasion (even though they’re burning) because there’s a lot of people watching them right now, boosting their fame in the international side even more.

But even then, their leader and maknae is frowning…and it’s not because of the heat. Ever since they met Rain, the two had been distant with each other. But it’s mostly on Lei’s side…

“Unnie, you need to move a little bit forward. I don’t want to bump into you.”

“If I move forward, I could fall infront. The space behind you is much more safer…”

They had been arguing since the start of rehearsal and the two other members let them only because they want them to fix their own problems. That way, their bond will strengthen…

But it seems like they’re not fixing it at all, not when Lei is being annoying and Erika is slowly losing patience. The idol is always known for being impatience, so it’s only a matter of time…

“Fine.” Erika let out a sigh and moved forward, carefully making sure there’s enough space.

“Wait, no.” Lei also sighed before pulling Erika backward using her shirt. “That’s dangerous.”

“That’s what I’ve been saying! DAMN IT!” there it is, she finally exploded. “What’s wrong with you, Lei? Are you on your period? Why are you being a meanie? This isn’t like you!”

“Did you just asked her if she’s on her period?” Jeril interrupted, staring incredulously, and Anika secretly hit her because she had accidentaly got involved with the lover’s quarrel.

“Nevermind, I’m not in the mood to argue with you. RJ came all the way to watch.” Erika walked away, Jeril and Anika waited for Lei’s reaction. All they got is a simple scoff from her.

“Rain this, Rain that. Geez, she’s irritating.”

“Aren’t you just jealous?”

“WHAT?!”

“You’re kind of obvious, you know?” Jeril muttered. “You don’t need to worry about Ked unnie replacing you as her bestfriend just because she met RJ again, she’s not like that.”

“How would you know? We never really know her.” with that, she walked away too.

Jeril and Anika looked at each other and let out a sigh simultaneously. This is another tough job for them, since Erika and Lei never really argue. This is one of the rare times they did…

“We’ll have to get them back as soon as possible.” Anika stated. “Before this gets worse…”

--

“Is there any problem?”

“No, it’s nothing. Don’t worry, RJ.”

“Where’s Thirdy?” the three members stared at Rain confusedly, because all of them had expected that Erika would come to her after the heated argument between her and Lei.

“You didn’t see her?”

“No, not recently. Why? What’s wrong?”

“It’s none of your business.” Lei interrupted. “4D matters, Rain.”

“Well, she’s close to me. I’m not going to just let her disappear in an important event. I’m looking for her.” with that, Rain turn around and started walking away. The rest followed her.

They’re going to perform in less than 30 minutes and they have to find their leader and main rapper, they can’t do this without her. Lei knows this is her fault, but she’s still pissed at Erika, so there’s no way she’s going to actually admit this out loud. Not to her members, nor Rain.

After a few minutes of looking, they finally found her at the empty locker room of the sports dome. Erika had her head down, but it doesn’t look like she’s crying, instead she’s thinking…

“Leader.” she looked up at the voice.

“Oh, you’re all here.”

“We were looking for you, why are you here?” Rain approached Erika and sat beside her. “I was worried, you know. I thought that something had happened for you to disappear.”

“I’m sorry, Rain.” not RJ?

“It’s fine. I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“Not really.” Erika mumbled under her breathe.

“Come on, Dane. Let’s get you back for your performance.” this is the first time they heard Rain called Erika by her second name, and the way she light up made the members realize…

So, that’s why Dane is so important to her…

Erika did stood up and went past Lei without a second glance as they walked back to the field, where the game is going to start. Rain hugged Erika before going back to the audience stand.

“Alright, let’s do this…” she said to the members, but didn’t put her hands out.

“No hands in?” Erika briefly look at Lei before shaking her head no.

“I’m not in the mood, let’s do it another time.”

The sun is scorching, the atmosphere is hot, and yet the girls are going to perform. And even though the weather is burning, the bond between Erika and Lei is getting further and colder.

=========================================================================