Chapter 3 - RJS

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

It’s awkward.

Well, awkward would be an understatement because this is so awkward to the point that Jeril couldn’t even say a joke to break the tense atmosphere. They all just sat there, staring…

“I guess I’ll start with introducing myself.” the girl stated. “My name is Rain Jaya Summers, I’m this little kid’s childhood friend.” she wrapped an arm around Erika and pulled her close.

“I’m taller than you now.” the idol whined as she tries to move away from Rain’s hold.

“And you’re cheeky now too. Oh, I remember when you were just a puppy following me.”

“Shut up, you’re embarrassing me.” Erika finally broke Rain’s embrace and pouted while facing her. “You didn’t really changed, did you? And here I thought you’ll actually mature.”

“Just because I’m four days older than you doesn’t mean I can’t act childish.”

“It’s okay to act childish once in a while, but it’s not okay to use it as your lifestyle.”

“You’re still as savage as ever.” Rain smiled fondly at Erika, making the latter roll her eyes playfully. “Anyway, it’s a pleasure to meet you girls. I hope we can all get along well.”

“Not with you clinging to our leader.” Jeril whispered, causing the attention to be on her.

“Pardon?” Rain asked gently, and Anika is glad she didn’t heard it because she did.

“So, what do you do?” the main vocalist questioned to take the topic away…

“I’m a movie director/writer.” the girl answered. “Thirdy and I actually made a promise that when my first movie is created, she’ll produce its theme song. Too bad we couldn’t do it…”

“Why?” Lei asked, genuinely curious why the two childhood friends had drifted apart. In 3 years that they’re together, never did once Erika had mentioned Rain to any of them. Ever.

“Her parents moved her away from me.” Rain smiled sadly. “After she graduated, they left.”

“Oh…” a flashback of their hardship because of Erika’s parents came to their mind.

“I’m sorry.” Rain chuckled before she softly lay a hand on Erika’s shoulder.

“Don’t be. We both know that you never wanted to move away from me, right?” Erika scoffed but didn’t actually deny Rain’s statement. “I’m curious why you’re here, though.”

“We’re filming for our 4D TV.”

“I see. I could help you with the tour, if you want.”

“Thank you, but we already have Ked unnie to show us around…”

“Right, cause Thirdy knows the city better than I do.” uhm, was that sarcasm?

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but I just have to ask. Why do you keep calling Ked unnie as Thirdy?”

“It’s a nickname, I’m sure you call her that too.” the three girls stared at Rain in confusion. “You know, cause she’s the III in their family.” they still looked confused. “You don’t know?”

“What don’t we know?” Rain glanced at Erika and the latter let out a long sigh.

“Should I tell them?” the 4D leader let out a deep sigh and just shrugged her shoulders.

“Wait…Kim Erika Dane isn’t your real name?!” instead of Erika, Rain answered the question.

“I named her that.” she informed. “When she told me she wanted to be music producer, I came up with that name so she could use it as pen-name. I didn’t really expect she will.”

“So, you hid your real name from us for years?” Jeril asked incredulously. “Unbelievable.”

“Kim Erika Dane is my name too, I’ve been using that ever since we came in South Korea.”

“But that isn’t who you really are.” Lei stated with a sad look in her face. “We never really did know you, huh?” Erika felt something pulled her heartstring because of that statement.

“It doesn’t change anything, it’s just a name. I’m still me, I’m still Ked.”

“It matters to me. I’m your bestfriend, I want to know everything about you.”

“Erin Kail Danielle Crawford Kim III.” Rain interrupted. “That’s her real name. Erika is Erin and Kail combined, Dane is short for Danielle, Crawford is aunt’s maiden name, and the III is because her father is Kail Jr.” she explained. “Then, she named me R. Jay Summers.”

“You’re R. Jay Summers?” Anika asked with awe in her eyes. “I read your mystery novel, Daisy, and it’s spin-off, Wise and Holy, I love it. I’m actually waiting for the movie of it.”

“Oh, you know me. That’s great, but I don’t think I’ll produce a movie out of it.”

“Why?” the main vocalist asked, and Rain answered with a glance at Erika.

“I can’t, if Erika won’t be the main lead. Davin King is inspired by her, I wanted to produce the movie with her as the actress. If she can’t, then I wouldn’t bother creating one at all.”

“Excuse me…” Lei stood up from her seat and walked away from the table. Erika stood up to follow her but Anika and Jeril stopped her, signalling her that she has a guest and they got it.

“We’ll be going too, you two catch up with each other.” Jeril stated, wearing her slingbag.

“Yeah, it’s nice meeting you. I hope we can see each other more while we are here, Rain.”

“Please, just call me RJ. All my friends to call me that.” Anika nodded her head and they left with a smile. When they’re gone, Rain faced Erika seriously. “You have a lot to tell me…”

=========================================================================

Opps, there she is.

 

Rain Jaya Summers (RJ)

Erika’s bestfriend since freshman in middle school. They became friends because Rain never gave up in approaching Erika, who was cold when she was younger. They spent their birthdays together, even though it’s days apart, and did a lot of other things together.