Chapter 2 - Greatest City in the World

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[New York City…July 31, 2030]

Their first stop of the day, New York University. It is the place where Erika graduated the law course at the age of 15 years old, earning a legendary title in the university before she left.

“I don’t know why I agreed to this, but I can already feel that it’s a bad idea.” Erika stated as they walk at the corridor, looking for her professor before. “Please behave well, okay?”

With that, they arrived the room and she knocked on the door. A feminine voice called out to open it and Erika did. She smiled when she saw her professor and went to hug her.

“Oh my, Eri.” the tall, pretty, blonde professor exclaimed. “I can’t believe you’re back.”

“Only for awhile, Professor. By the way, this is my members. Chase, Anika and L.”

“Your group members in Korea?” Erika nodded. “It’s nice to meet you.” she shake hands with the 4D members with a soft smile. “I watched your debut showcase, you know.”

“Thank you so much, Professor.” the professor gently laughed and ruffled Erika’s hair.

“Anything for my favorite student. Anyways, what brought you here in New York?”

“We’re here to film one of our reality show, and they wanted to see my school.”

“I see. Well, you kids have fun around. New York University has a lot to offer.”

The group smiled back at the professor before they excused themselves out of her classroom and started walking around the university to observe the place where Erika graduated.

“Your professor is really pretty.” Jeril suddenly commented. “Her hair fits her perfectly.”

“I know. She’s one of the reason I like blondes, actually.” Erika admitted with a laugh.

“But aren’t you a blonde too?” Lei asked and the leader suddenly realized that it was true.

“I love myself, L.” she ruffled the maknae’s hair before walking away infront. They toured around the place, greeting the people Erika knew along the way, before they moved next.

The second destination; National History Museum. Among the members, it was Anika that really wanted to visit this place. She had read about it in one of the website she searched.

“Did you know, there’s a spot here where you’ll stand and whisper, the person standing on the other side of the room would hear it like you’re standing beside them?” she asked.

“It was in our Architecture 101, but I have never really been here a lot to try it out…”

“We should try it.” Lei eagerly suggested. “Where is this spot you’re talking about, unnie?”

“Over there.” Anika held Lei’s hand and drag her towards the spot while Erika and Jeril just stayed at their position. After a few seconds, they heard Lei and Anika’s voices beside them.

“Wow, it worked.” Jeril muttered at her side before showing a thumbs up to the vocal line.

After a few more minutes observing, they moved out to eat breakfast. They were too excited that they forgot about it. With that, Erika took them to a restaurant named Corner Bistro.

“They served delicious burgers.” she informed and ordered each of it for the members.

They ordered for more and ate before they continue their adventures. And in case you didn’t know, there’s a camera with them to record what they’re doing in New York for the 4D TV.

Their third stop of the day is the Central Park. Erika sat down in one of the benches, watching the other members play chase around the park. She saw Jeril running after Anika, and Lei went to approach her instead. The younger girl sat beside her and lean on her shoulder.

“This is a great place. A peaceful one, contrast to the whole loud city.” Lei commented.

“That’s what made it great, because they complimented each other.” Erika answered.

After Central Park, they went to the famous Times Square and went to buy some souvenirs to bring before going home to South Korea. They were staying there for a month but it was better safe to buy things now before they’re sorry once they received their full schedule.

For lunch, they went to Gregor’s and ordered steak. It was one of the best steak that they had tasted. Why does American makes such delicious foods like this? It was amazing to taste.

“This just ruined all the other steaks in my life.” Jeril muttered, causing the girls to laugh.

“But nothing beats the steak I cooked for you, right?” Anika asked, and Jeril nodded eagerly.

There was a time that Jeril became sick and couldn’t taste anything but when Anika cooked, she could actually taste it and it was heavenly; just like the girl that cooked it for her, angelic.

After lunch, they went to sail to the Liberty Island where the Statue of Liberty is. They stand infront of it and asked one of the cameramen to catch pictures for them while they pose.

They took a lot of photos, some solo, duo, trio, and the four of them. They stayed there for the whole afternoon before sailing back to the city to eat dinner. Erika suggested that they should just buy hotdogs at Papaya King and head to the Empire State Building and they did.

After buying their dinner for the night, they lined up at the Empire State Building. Luckily, Erika had met some of her parents’ business partner and allowed them to go up first.

As soon as they got there…

“Holy moly, I think I’m inlove.” Anika said, looking around to observe the city lights. “Wow.”

“This is one of the best place created in Earth, it really complimented the New York City.”

“I know.” Erika smiled and glanced at Lei, who had been quiet since earlier. “Are you okay?”

“Funny how I wanted to ask you the same thing.” she chuckled. “Are you okay, Ked unnie?”

“Ofcourse, I--” she cut herself off when she locked eyes at the person standing behind Lei.

“Third?” that person asked before approaching Erika with a bright smile. “THIRDY!” she ran towards her and literally jumped into her arms to hug her tightly, shocking all 4D members.

“Rain…” the girl broke the hug to face Erika with sparkling eyes as she cutely grinned at her.

“You’re back.” was all she said before hugging the 4D’s leader once again, while the other 4D members just stared at them confusedly. Who is this girl hugging our precious leader?

=========================================================================