Chapter 1 - The Beginning of a New Story

4D (Book 2): Book of Love

3rd Person’s POV

[4D Studio…July 29, 2030]

Erika is working on her audio mixer, when the door slammed open. She looked up from her equipment and glared at her members. They were disturbing her once more while working.

“If you’re here to ask for more foods, you can just take all of my credit card and go.”

“Don’t you remember what today is?” Lei asked, her expression turning sad every second.

“Ofcourse, I remember. It’s the 29th…” her eyes widened. “Sht, Happy Anniversary. God, I forgot to greet you. I mean, I forgot the event. I’m sorry, I’m just caught up with works.”

“It’s fine. You’re making our new comeback album, we understand.” Anika said with a smile. “But it’s our 3rd Anniversary as 4D, let’s celebrate. Your work can wait for a day, alright?”

“Alright.” but as soon as she stood up, she receive text from Mr. Choi. “He wants to see us.”

“I thought we’re celebrating today. Geez, tell you father not to disturb us today, babe.”

“He knows it’s our anniversary today, so he must be calling us for something important.”

“Let’s go immediately, then. We’ll hear what he wants to say then celebrate, okay?”

"Okay." Lei nodded and hopped out of the studio while shouting ‘kaja, kaja, kaja’ repeatedly.

--

[Choi Entertainment]

“You’re here.” Mr. Choi stated with a smile. “Happy 3rd Year Anniversary to you. Time pass by so fast, I can’t believe it’s been 3 years since you debuted. I’m proud of you, kids.”

“Skip to the chase and tell us why we’re here, uncle.” they were all familiar with Mr. Choi now that they could call him uncle and can talk to him casually when there’s no other staff.

“Ever the impatient one, Erika.” and he too was casual with them. “I just wanted to give you something as a gift. It’s another season for 4D TV. But this time, you’re going overseas.”

"WHAT?!” they exclaimed in unison, surprised at the sudden ticket to another country.

“That’s right. You’re all going to New York.” Ked sighed, NYC is her hometown.

“We can go visit Ked unnie’s home, then.” Chase said excitedly. “I want to hear a lot of her embarrassing stories, I’ve been dreaming about that since she annoys me so much…”

“Like you’re any better.” the leader retorted. “And why New York? We can go to Dakota.”

“No, Dakota is a bad place. They took someone important to me years ago, I held grudge.”

“Your twin brother had to work in Dakota, dad. It wasn’t the country’s fault, it was your parents decision.” Anika explained to clear things out. “But I agree to New York, though.”

“Ofcourse, you would.” Ked stated and let out a sigh. “Fine, I’ll allow you in my home.”

“Yehey! We’re finally going to see the place where the famous Kim Erika Dane grow up in.”

Ked sigh once more. This is going to be a long trip, she already guessed that. And something wrong would happen, she could feel it. In New York City, anything is bound to happen…

--

After having a date on their anniversary, they started packing their things up to head in the USA soon. They were going to film for a month so they’re packing a lot of things to bring.

“Do they have chargers in US or do I have to bring my own?” Jeril asked out of nowhere.

“It’s a city, Jeon, not a cave.” Erika muttered, appearing behind her. “And don’t bring a lot.”

“Why not?” she asked, observing the backpack in her shoulder. “That’s all you’re bringing?”

“My mother’s mansion is there, I have relatives there, a lot of malls are there. So, yeah, I’m only bringing this backpack with me. I only need my laptop for composing the album.”

“We’re going there to film 4D TV, relax. Your works can wait for awhile, leader-nim.”

“Thanks for the concern, but I need to finish this songs. There’s still a lot left…”

Jeril patted Erika’s shoulder comfortly. This girl is working hard for everyone; she’s handling the Kim Company for her family, the 4D for her members and the composing for herself…

“Don’t die on me, alright? I still need to kill you.” she joked, making Erika laugh as she left.

--

They were now in the plane, on the way to USA, sitting on their seats. The rapperline sits together while the vocal line did. They were talking about their own bestfriends as topic.

“Don’t you think something’s bothering Ked unnie?” Lei asked, observing the said unnie.

“Yep. I saw her looking at the calendar a lot when November comes in, I don’t know why.”

“Yeah, like she’s waiting for something. Actually, I noticed that every November 07, she’s always busy with her phone. Do you…maybe…” she gulped. “…think she has a boyfriend?”

“What? No! She’s Kim Erika Dane, she doesn’t know how to be in a relationship for long.”

“That’s the only explanation I could think of.” Lei sighed. “I hope we’ll know about it soon.”

 

Be careful what you wish for.

 

========================================================================