One

For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     Taehyung was more than vividly aware with what discomfort felt like, more so than most 23 year old’s with positive relationships and a healthy career should be. Sensory issues had followed Taehyung since he was a child, and with these issues came stimming. Taehyung was lucky to have been placed into a group of people whom not only cared about him, but understood what it was like when the input was all just too much. He had been fortunate, but that didn’t mean that his life was always well controlled and simple.
    Multiple aspects about being an idol were hard; however, for Taehyung two things had always been the most difficult. Filming music videos, and the environment backstage following a performance. Whilst light was one of Taehyung’s favorite sources of stimming,  sound was often something which quickly overstimulated him. Loud music alone wouldn't be enough to cause an intense reaction from Taehyung; however, loud music in combination with the hustle of staff members and constant hum of equipment was nearly enough to make Taehyung want to vomit.
    In those moments Taehyung felt this more than he had in a long time. The other members were hard at work whilst filming their scenes or reviewing camera footage; however, Taehyung felt the world was screaming and pounding around him. He had told the others that he needed to take a water break for a moment, but in reality he had just wanted to run away. The music was blaring into his head, the staff members all shouting as they spoke over one another. His brain had decided 20 minutes ago that it wanted to stop processing everything which stood 10 feet in front of him, which made it far too difficult to film and pretend as if he didn’t want to scream. And the worst part of all of it, was that Taehyung couldn’t stim. At home Taehyung could stim as much as he needed to; however, on a schedule he was supposed to keep things to a low profile only. Taehyung’s visual and vestibular stimming wasn’t something that he could easily hide.
    He had thought that taking a few moments away from it all would help, but if anything he felt worse than he had prior. Leaving the room hadn’t made anything go away, rather if anything he felt even more overwhelmed than he had prior. Taehyung had tried so hard; however, he couldn’t help himself as he ran into the restroom. He couldn’t do anything but stand beside the door, staring towards the ceiling as he switched the lights on and off over and over again. His body was swaying side to side; however, something felt different about this movement. It felt better to be doing this, like the world’s volume dial was being turned down from 88 to 30. His stomach churned slightly, tears pricking his eyes; however, he didn’t so strongly feel as if he was going to hurl at any moment. He wanted nothing more than to simply stay here till the shoot was over, but Taehyung still had scenes to film and the excuse of a water break wouldn't work for long.
    “Taehyung, are you in here? Are you okay?” Jimin’s voice sounded genuinely concerned for Taehyung as he begun to hear the other pounding on the door; however, it only reminded him of everything he had been trying so desperately to get away from. He genuinely didn’t know how long he had been here, but he did know that he couldn’t handle leaving. “Tae?”
    “I’m sorry Minnie. I’m fine.” Taehyung didn’t want to move a muscle, because the moment that he opened that door the volume would dial up to 50, and the second that he stepped outside this threshold it would become unbearable. Jimin was his best friend though, and he couldn’t just let him stand there wondering what had happened to him.
    Taehyung already felt worse as he left the light off, his fingers itching for release as his brain cried that it needed that stimulation. Jimin was rushing to his side mere seconds after he opened the door, Taehyung shrinking towards the ground as he rocked back and forth.
    “Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter