That One Night

One Fateful Night

"Attention, please."

Three knocking sounds follow Irene's soft call from the front side of the classroom. Too bad, the class leader's call doesn't seem to be able to shift her classmates' attention away from whatever it is they're doing. Irritated, Irene tries to repeat her call, only to be ignored once again and she stares helplessly at another girl standing beside her with her arms crossed over her chest.

"ATTENTION, PLEASE!"

Jihyo, the class vice leader who is also Irene's personal portable microphone, yells loudly as she bangs her hand on the whiteboard. Momo, who is eating peacefully on the corner, chokes on his food. But only when Jihyo slams her hands on the table does the other students put their attention on the two girls.

"Yes, what is it, beautiful?" asks Byulyi, just before he receives a resounding slap from his desk mate Hyejin.

Jihyo ignores the two boys and clears . "Okay, so now hear us out–"

There's a soft snoring sound echoing in the silence.

"–Sowon, can you please wake Yuju up?"

Sowon shows his thumbs up, then proceeds to pull Yuju's hair until the younger boy screams in pain.

After Jihyo deems it conducive enough to start her speech, she continues, "So, you remember about our plan a few days back about a gathering night?"

Before Jihyo could explain further, people are already voicing their opinions.

"Ah, so we really are going for a gathering night?"

"I thought that will stay as only plans."

"Thank God, finally."

"Yeah! I can spend the night together with my baby Jeongyeonnie utututu."

"Ew, get lost, woman."

Jihyo bangs the table again. "SILENCE!"

Everyone shuts their mouth up, except Yuju who yawns. Jihyo groans in irritation and she elbows Irene, gesturing her to continue. Despite her petite stature and softer voice, this time Irene somehow manages to keep the feral students in line.

"Uhm, so we have a plan to hold the gathering night in a month after this. Jihyo and I have done some research for suitable places. The option is either the mountain or the beach. Yongsun had sent the report file to the group chat, you can check it first."

"I would love it if we go to the 'twin mountains'," says Byulyi naughtily, and again Hyejin slaps his older friend to infinity and beyond.

"In my opinion, it would be better for us to go to the mountain," Yongsun, the class secretary, adds in. "It's summer, the weather's crazy hot. I don't want to even think how hot it will be at the beach."

"But if we go to the beach, we can see you girls in bikinis," Seungwan chimes in which quickly being agreed upon by the other boys.

Jihyo glares.

Seungwan grins.

"The mountain it is, then," Jennie says flatly. Beside her, lies an unconscious Jisoo with a fresh hand print on his face. "I'd rather be in the cold."

Noises of disappointment echo from the boys at the back of the room, but they immediately go quiet when Irene narrows her eyes at them.

"Okay, so we're going to the mountain." Irene writes down something on her notebook. "Our initial plan is to hold it next month, at 24th to 25th, and you are expected to pay 10 thousand won for the villa and the food. Please submit it to our treasurer, Sowon. Can all of you join in?"

Umji raises her hand. "Um, I'm sorry, but I think I have to sit this one out. It seems like I have a family gathering around those dates..."

Yuju, who is still half dreaming on his desk, suddenly leaps up. "Oh no, Umji you can't come? That's sad..."

"...but I don't know maybe I can go."

"Really? Yay!"

Everyone could only watch in befuddlement as Umji changes her decision a split second after Yuju voices out his disappointment. They're even more confused over how to act because Yuju is tightly hugging a girl with no care whatsoever. But because Yuju is (probably) the most innocent boy in the class, maybe they'll let this slide for once.

"Anyone else?" Irene asks again. When no one else raises their hand, the girl nods and closes her book. "Alright, then the meeting is finished. If any of you boys can bring your own vehicle, please tell Jihyo or Yongsun. Don't forget to pay to Sowon at least a week before the event, okay? Thank you for your attention!"

.

.

.

A month later

 

"IS EVERYONE READDDYYYYY???"

A loud, booming voice courtesy of the one and only Lalisa Manoban resounds on the Seoul High's parking lot that afternoon. The transferee from Thailand happily prances around on the truck bed floor of Seulgi's Chevrolet Colorado. The owner of the car is getting really anxious whether his car will survive the movement or not. Lisa is chosen as the field coordinator today, due to him being defeated by the other boys in a game.

Some may pity him, but the girls are relieved that it's Lisa who is chosen and not the other... creatures aside of him.

"I'M GOING FOR A ROLL CALL OKAAAYYY???"

"Can you not shout?! Our ears are still perfectly working!"

Lisa shuts , hurt by Eunbi's cynical remark. But his smile immediately returns when he sees Yerin smacks the boy's head.

you too, Eunbi.

"Alright, I'll start the roll call now!" he once again shouts happily, eliciting a varying type of responses. From the enthusiastic ones like the girls, or the half-hearted ones like Jeongyeon and Tzuyu, or even the sleepy one like Yuju.

"From our oldest, Yongsun-noona?"

"I'm here, you little snitch!" Yongsun yells back with slight irritation of being called as the oldest.

"Byul-hyung?"

"I'm always be here for you~."

"No homo, bro–ekhm... Wheein?"

"I'm here!"

"Hyejinnie?"

"Yahoo!"

"Mommy Irene Daddy Seulgi and the kids is everyone here?"

"We're here," Irene answers calmly. Her (future) husband Seulgi and their foster children Joy and Yeri are busy cheering. "Seungwan told me he's going to be a bit late. He's filling his tank."

"Ah, okay! Jisoo-hyung?"

"Present!"

"Jendeuki?"

"Here!"

"R-R-R–"

"WHO IS IT?" the students immediately yell when Lisa suddenly stutters.

"R-R-Ro–" Lisa's hand that is holding the roll call sheet shakes heavily.

"WHO IS IT?!" everyone is starting to get impatient.

"R-R-Rose?" Lisa could finally say the name without stuttering.

"She's here! What the heck took you so long?!" before Rose could even answer, Jeongyeon snaps. Meanwhile, Rose simply laughs and waves at Lisa who blushes deeply.

"Aiisssh, stupid Lisa embarrassing himself again," Lisa curses under his breath. He clears his throat once, before continuing with the roll call. "Sow– ah, there you are. Next, hmm... Eunha?"

"Yes sir!"

"Alright, ma'am! Yerin and Eunbi are here... Yuju?"

"Already asleep in Sowon's car!"

"...that kid. Ah, alright, then. Umji? Is she finally joining in?"

"Yes, Lisa-oppa!" Umji raises her hand. Lisa almost sheds a tear seeing how cute Umji is trying to make herself seen. Not that she's short. It's just that the boys in their class are all crazy tall (except for the Son duo, who had been rumored to experience stunting back at their childhood) and so she's a bit obscured by the boys.

Lisa shows his thumb up. "Nice! Next... uh, Nayeon-noona?"

"Yess!"

"J–"

"I'm hereeeee come on, hurry up I'm tired just standing around here!"

Lisa pouts when he hears Jeongyeon groaning while rubbing himself on his car. Deep down, he wants to be angry, but he's afraid of karma because Jeongyeon is older than him. Lisa sighs heavily. Being the field coordinator for these crazy kids is such a taxing job.

"We'll be over soon. Momo?"

A hand waves a chicken drum in the air.

"Okay, Sana?"

"Present!"

Lisa nods, then skips Jihyo as the class's vice leader is standing right beside him. "Mina?"

"Yes."

"Mina? Is Mina here?"

"I'm here."

"MINAAAA WHERE THE IS MINA?!"

"SHE'S HERE WITH MOMO-OPPA!" Dahyun finally answers on behalf of her Japanese friend who could only helplessly wave around at the very back. "DACHAETZU ARE ALL ALSO PRESENT! LET'S GOOO!!!"

"Hold on, not yet!" Jihyo yells, seemingly pitying Lisa for being the target of their friends' barbaric actions. Lisa immediately drops down to his knees in utmost gratitude. "So we have eight people who had contacted me about bringing their vehicles today. Seulgi, Jeongyeon, Jisoo, and Sowon each bring a car. Momo, Joy, Byulyi, and Seungwan each bring a motorcycle. Please do correct me if I'm wrong."

"All good, ma'am!"

Jihyo sighs hearing the boys' chorused call at her. "Ok, we've plotted each one of you so everyone can get a ride. Eight boys will go there on bike while the others, you guys can choose your own car. Sowon's car is enough for seven passengers. While the motorcycle riders... Momo you go with Tzuyu, Byul with Hyejin, Joy with Lisa, and Seungwan will be with Eunbi. All clear?"

"And don't forget to put your belongings on Seulgi's car," Irene reminds the other kids. "It will be tied so it's all safe."

A few minutes later that is filled with the girls arranging their bags on Seulgi's car and Jeongyeon's impatient yells, Eunbi and Irene suddenly approach Jihyo who is busy overlooking the luggage setting.

"Ji, Seungwan just messaged me saying he'll be very late," says Irene with concern in her tone. "He has troubles with his tires."

"Huh? Why don't he just come here? Leave the bike." Jihyo points at the line of cars near them. "We have enough room for everyone. Or he can sit on Seulgi's truck to keep the bags safe."

Irene shakes her head. "He doesn't want to. I mean... we've given him the transport fee so he must have used the money to fill his tank. He wouldn't want to return it if we tell him to leave his bike."

"Fine, then. What should we do, now?"

"Maybe it would be better if you stay here and wait for him," Irene offers innocently. She ignores the look of shock hanging from Jihyo's face. "You and I are the only one who knows the exact place of the villa. And you know that I have mild motion sickness, especially with bikes. Seungwan and I wouldn't reach the place if we go together. Eunbi will go with Seul. What do you think?"

Jihyo has half a mind to say, "How about we leave him here hahahaha," but can't bear seeing Irene's pleading face. That's a face Jihyo could never say no to. And knowing how Irene regards Seungwan as one of her precious children, there's no way Irene will let the Canadian boy be left behind.

Another two minutes of thinking and another sequence of Jeongyeon's screams, Jihyo finally relents.

"Fine, you guys can go ahead. I'll wait for him."

.

Fifteen minutes later

 

Jihyo almost dies out of boredom waiting alone under a tree until a familiar roar of a motorcycle could be heard from afar. She quickly put on her sour face, crossing her arms on her chest as a blue Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R appears from a corner.

"Where have you been?"

Seungwan pouts at Jihyo's irritated bark.

"I told you my tire got busted."

"Let's not waste any more time, then!" Without warning, Jihyo jumps up to the passenger seat and grips Seungwan's waist jacket. "I'll tell you where to go."

Seungwan doesn't move.

"Oh, come on!" Jihyo scowls. "I don't want to be late because of you!"

"Where's your bag? I'll bring it for you," Seungwan offers nervously.

"My bag is already in Seulgi's car. Why?"

Seungwan grows even more nervous.

"Look, just go already!" with a more than sufficient force, Jihyo slaps Seungwan's back. The Canadian boy yelps in pain at the sudden assault. "We've been here for too long. Hurry up."

"A-are you sure?"

"You can race all the way there I don't care."

"Okay." Seungwan fastens his helmet. "Hold on."

.

.

.

So, Jihyo was actually just joking.

Was.

But Seungwan really does run his bike with lightning speed Jihyo doesn't even know whether they're on a road or if they're flying. In no less than half an hour, they manage to overtake the others who had left earlier. The other motorcycle riders are all surprised seeing Seungwan speeds past them, but soon follow him and end up racing to the villa. Jeongyeon, feeling challenged, hits on the gas harder than he ever did and joins the race. Even Jisoo who holds on tight to the concept of safety riding finally drives his car faster; unwilling to be left behind.

Because of Seungwan's provocation and the other drivers' easily triggered mentality, they reach the villa in just an hour, even when the estimated travel time should have been two hours.

Too bad, not everyone could appreciate the shortened traveling period with joy.

.

.

.

"Ahh, we're finally here!" Nayeon exclaims happily as she twirls around inside the living room. Behind her, the other girls are hauling their own luggage into the villa.

"Okay, girls, we have three bedrooms here. You can bring your bag there," Lisa instructs as he leads the other around the room. "Boys, help the girls and tidy up the living room so we can have a cozy sleeping place tonight."

"Can't you wait a minute?" says Jennie, who is already curling on the couch. "I'm tired after a long journey."

Eunha blinks in confusion. "Umm... but we weren't the one driving?"

"Yeah, but I accompanied Jichu." Jennie picks up a snack and opens in effortlessly. She sighs when Yerin joins her on the couch. "That's basically the same thing. Besides, with the speed they took earlier–"

"SEUNGWAN-AH YOU NUTS!"

Jennie goes quiet when a thundering roar tears through everyone's ears. All eyes are immediately drawn to the bathroom, where they see Jihyo standing, her left hand covering . The girl's tan skin is bleached white, even rivaling Dahyun, and her body is trembling as she glares dagger to Seungwan who is standing before her.

Beside Jihyo, Irene is leaning on the wall dying.

The girls hurriedly come near.

"Jihyo-unnie, are you okay?" Umji asks, concerned.

"Dizzy?" Yongsun leans in, about to touch Jihyo but the other girl rejects her weakly.

"Should we go to the bedroom, Ji?" Yerin offers and Jihyo shakes her head.

"This..." she pants, "Is all because of you, SON!"

Seungwan raises both his hand, his face a mix of guilt and defiance. "What did I do, now?"

"EVERYTHING!" Jihyo screams again with an imaginary fire coming out of her body. "YOU DROVE LIKE A MANIAC! YOU BROUGHT ME OVER 60 MPH ON A ROAD LIKE THAT AND YOU EXPECT ME NOT TO GET SICK?! YOU'RE LUCKY I DIDN'T THROW UP ON YOUR BACK BEFORE WE ARRIVE HERE!!!"

Everyone looks at Seungwan with a similarly condescending stare, especially the ladies.

"I thought someone got pregnant," Eunbi remarks off-handedly. Jihyo is this close of choking the boy to death.

"But you said I can race on the way here," Seungwan tries to defend himself, "The others also raced with us. But the other girls are fine."

"Oh, really?!" Jihyo crosses her arms over her chest. She points at the petite girl beside her who almost blends with the wall considering how pale she is. "Then what do you think IRENE is going through right now?!"

Seungwan grins sheepishly. Behind him, stands Seulgi with his head hung low.

"And why is MINA now inside the bathroom with the background music of 'HUEKK HUEEKK'??"

Seungwan shrinks even further. Meanwhile, Momo glares at Jeongyeon who feigns innocence.

"TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!" Jihyo shouts, followed by Mina's miserable wail from inside the bathroom.

Seungwan scratches his head. "Yeah, uh, so do you want me to massage you or marry you?"

Jihyo almost explodes hearing that. "JERK!" she yells for the last time, before rushing into the bathroom, replacing Mina who looks as rowdy as a laundered penguin.

.

.

.

Because both the leader and the vice leader got sick, the plan for the party tonight is replaced by a cooking class for the boys. The other girls prefer to take care of those who gave up to their sickness; Irene is being taken care of by Yeri, Jennie, and Rose; Jihyo is being nursed by Yongsun, Wheein, and Nayeon; while Sana, Dahyun, and Umji watch over Mina. Yerin and Eunha are both being dragged around to provide the boys with some useful activities so they won't go wild again.

At the first room, lies Irene, swallowed by the pile of blanket Jennie gave her. The girl is feeling significantly better now, but she still opts to rest not to get even worse.

"You okay now, Mom?" as a good daughter, Yeri offers Irene a bowl of instant porridge. "You should eat. Can you eat on your own?"

"Yes I can, Yeri. Thank you," Irene answers with a smile. Rose helps the black-haired girl to settle on the pillows and eats her porridge in peace.

"Here ya' go." Jennie puts a glass of warm water on the bedside table. "Do you need anything else, Rene? Blanket, medicine?"

Irene shakes her head, slowly finishing her food.

"Or should I call Seulgi-oppa?" asks Rose.

Irene almost chokes. "No, you don't have to. What importance does he have, anyway?"

"Well, a good husband should take care of his wife who is sick," says Yeri as she takes Irene's empty plate. "It's Daddy's fault after all. He knows his wife has a motion sickness, and yet he still sped up following Seungwan-oppa."

Irene simply laughs, burying herself deeper into the blankets. "It's fine. I believe he knows his mistake and will reflect on it. Don't be too harsh to him."

"Eh, okay. Too bad, I want to beat Seulgi up one of these days." Jennie cracks her knuckles. "Rene, what else do you need? Or do you want to go to sleep?"

The girl thinks for a while until she nods. "I think I'm going to sleep. Can you... uh, leave me?"

"Sure thing, sis." Jennie winks, Rose waves goodbye while Yeri tidies up Irene's blanket before the three of them exit the room.

"Bye, Rene." Jennie blows a kiss.

"Bye, girls." Irene waves back and the door clicks closed.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, at room two, Jihyo is also in a similar situation with Irene; almost unseen under all the blankets. But her face is still as pale as the villa's walls with an empty basin placed beside her bed, just in case.

"Jihyo, how are you feeling now?" asks Yongsun. Jihyo could only whine.

"You want to eat?" Nayeon offers. Jihyo shakes her head. "Drink?" another head shake.

Wheein sits on the bed beside Jihyo's feet. "Do you want me to massage you?"

"D-don't like it," Jihyo whispers weakly for the first time tonight.

"Should I rub some ointment to your stomach?"

"I've done that before. It's okay..."

"Weird," Wheein tilts her head, "Minari and Irene both are getting better but you're still the same with before."

"Must be because Jihyo rode a bike here." Yongsun sighs. "The other two are both simply having motion sickness, but Jihyo must get some cold as well considering the wind back then."

"It's partly your fault, too." Nayeon, who is also Jihyo's self-proclaimed mom, starts to blame her daughter. "You should have used a jacket when you ride a bike. And you should have taken your bag back, to cover your chest. We all know Seungwan is tiny. No matter how hard you hug him, the wind from the front will still hit you."

Jihyo keeps her silence, but her cheeks are reddening rapidly.

The three other girls giggle seeing Jihyo blushes.

"There, there, you should get some rest," Nayeon speaks softly as she sets the blanket so Jihyo would be comfortable. "We'll be outside so you'll have your peace. If anything happen, we're just a room away."

Jihyo could only nod as her friends bid her goodbye. Being left alone, the girl clicks her tongue angrily remembering the events unfolded this afternoon.

"Seungwan you , I should have just left him alone and went with Sowon," she mumbles darkly. Her mind imagines Seungwan's irritating face, before it suddenly drifts to the petite yet sculpted body of the boy who (true to Nayeon's words) she hugged tight in fear of losing her grip. The red hue that has dissipated quickly returns to Jihyo's cheeks. "What the heck!"

Grumbling, Jihyo buries her face between the pillows and tries to get some sleep.

.

.

.

There's something a bit different between room three and the other previous two. While the other two rooms are filled with only girls, one lone stray Japanese boy could also be seen inside room three. Hirai Momo, Mina's best friend, support system, and also her boyfriend if only one of them dares to confess, is already prepared with everything for the sake of his beloved Mina.

"I don't think we're needed here," Sana whispers to Dahyun. "I'm surprised Momo could take care of a sick person."

"I thought he's an idiot, seems like he still has a brain inside that thick skull of him," Dahyun whispers back.

"Why are you so cruel to your own friend?" Umji asks.

Sana and Dahyun grin.

"Mog," Sana finally addresses Momo. "I think it would be better for us to leave you alone. I can trust you to take care of Mina, right, Moguri?"

Momo nods, but Mina shakes her head vigorously. "Don't leave me..."

Umji tilts her head in question. "Why?"

Mina waits for a while until she mouths something to the girls when Momo's not looking. "I'm afraid I might sin."

Sana, Dahyun, and Umji all narrow their eyes.

"Well, I also want to spend the night with Tzuyu-kun." Sana's Japanese jumps out. "We'll be outta here, then, bye bye!"

Mina wails softly at the three's departure, begging them not to go. Umji smiles apologetically to Mina before she disappears behind the door. After Umji closes the door, Momo turns to Mina, who can only blush when the boy pours a glass of warm water for her.

"Here, drink this first." Momo puts a sachet of liquid medicine on Mina's open palm. "Then, go to sleep, so tomorrow you'll be healthy and we can go around enjoying the view."

"Thank you, Momoring." Mina smiles in gratitude.

"I was really worried, you know?" says Momo after Mina finishes her medicine. "I almost lose my heart seeing Jeongyeon drove like that. Especially when you sat on the back. I know you don't really like sitting on the backseat."

Mina only smiles, letting Momo ramble.

"You should have been with me, on the bike. You ride with me tomorrow when we go back home, okay?"

"But didn't you race too, Momoring?" Mina laughs. Momo pouts. "Tzuyu told me how fast you went before. And I know you could never turn down an offer for a race."

"I would be more careful if it's with you," Momo denies with a frown.

"So it's okay if the others leave us?"

"As long as you're fine."

Seeing Momo grumbling under his breath, Mina giggles again and runs her hand over Momo's tense shoulder. "It's fine, Momoring. Jeongyeon had said sorry, as well. I just need some rest and I'll be perfectly healthy tomorrow."

Momo sighs, knowing he won't win against Mina. "Just go get some rest, would you? I'll be here until you fall asleep."

"Momoring should just sleep here," says Mina as she scoots away. "The bed is huge."

The boy immediately coughs. "N-no, I'm okay here. Go to sleep, Mina."

Mina smiles again and closes her eyes. "Okay, then. Good night, Momoring."

"Sure, sure." Momo chuckles, placing a kiss on Mina's forehead until the girl giggles softly. "Good night, Mitang."

.

.

.

A few hours later

 

After dinner, a few rounds of UNO, and some other unimportant activities, those students of Seoul High finally succumb into the lure of sleep. The dining and the living room are unorganized as hell–but no one cares.

Nayeon conquers the couch, sleeping with her head on top of Jeongyeon's lap who is also snoring.

Under them are Jisoo and Jennie, both lying flat on the floor gripping a Squirtle pillow that is supposed to be Yeri's pillow. The owner herself prefers to be embraced to sleep by Joy in front of the bathroom.

Yuju sleeps upright beside the television with Umji and Dahyun curling on his feet, sharing a blanket. Right behind Dahyun lies Chaeyoung trying to get some warmth for himself by nuzzling into the two girls.

Tzuyu sleeps under the dining table (nobody knows why he chooses that spot), along with Sana who sleeps on the chair with her head on the table.

Yongsun, Byulyi, Wheein, and Hyejin all can't stand the cold, so they sleep inside Sowon's car together. Wheein and Hyejin share the back seat while Yongsun and Byulyi are leaning to each other on the middle.

Sowon himself sleeps before the villa's door, acting like a security guard. He is not alone because Eunha lies beside him inside her pink sleeping bag. Near them right beside the trash can is Yerin, whose hand is secure inside Eunbi's hold who is sprawled on the floor.

Looking at his friends, a smile blooms on Lisa's face. Even when he knows that tomorrow would probably be even more chaotic than today, he's happy enough that his friends are all sleeping peacefully.

Lisa slowly creeps away from the cluttered bodies to check on the sick trio. He approaches the room closest to the living room first, smiling when he sees Mina sleeping soundly on the bed. He could see Momo's figure leaning on the side of Mina's bed, also sleeping with his arms crossed over his chest.

May you get married soon, Lisa prays as he walks to the other room.

He tiptoes to Irene's room, immediately closing it again in fear of disturbing the two people inside the room. Feeling touched that Irene is being taken care with an unlimited amount of love, Lisa turns to the last room, and he almost barges in while screaming before he decides against it.

Those kids, he thinks bitterly. After the whole fiasco this afternoon. I swear I'm going to ask for an explanation tomorrow.

Huffing harshly, Lisa turns–

"Lisa? I thought you're asleep."

–and almost screams when a figure shows up before him.

.

.

.

Before that, room one

 

Irene jolts out of her sleep when she hears the sound of the door creaking open. Being such a light sleeper, any noises might wake her, so she's somewhat annoyed that her sleep is disturbed. Grumbling, Irene covers her face with a pillow and tries to go back to her much needed sleep.

"Hyunnie?"

Irene's eyes crack open. She has difficulty doing that because she's already far too comfortable in the grip of unconsciousness, but she can't just outright ignore the deep voice calling her name worriedly.

"Hhh... Seul?"

Above Irene is Seulgi, leaning in to look at his girlfriend's condition with concern and guilt filling his feature. The boy exhales in relief when Irene turns to him.

"What... are you doing here?" Irene asks with a yawn. Her dizziness and stomachache have lessened greatly, so she's comfortable enough to face Seulgi without wanting to throw up again.

"I want to see you," Seulgi confesses, "How are you feeling, Hyun?"

"Much better." Irene smiles and closes her eyes again. "It was just a simple nausea. I'll just sleep it away and it will be better soon."

Raising his hand, Seulgi caresses Irene's raven hair with utmost delicacy. The girl sighs in contentment when Seulgi's fingers slowly massage her head.

"I'm sorry," Seulgi whispers sadly. "You got sick because of me. I should have just hit Seungwan with my car so he'll stop."

"Don't be so cruel at him." Laughing, Irene shakes her head. "It's not your fault, Seul. I understand why Seungwan wanted to get here quickly. I believe you would also do the same thing if you were in his situation."

"Why so?"

"Hm? Don't you get it?"

When Seulgi shakes his head, Irene laughs.

"Oh, really?" she giggles. "Even when you're the one always fussing around whenever we ride a bike together without bringing any bag?"

Seulgi grows silent, thinking, before he realizes what Irene means and chuckles. "Oh my God, that? Okay, fine, now I sympathize with him. Jihyo put her bag on my car and Seungwan doesn't even bring anything big. No wonder he's been like that."

"See? You boys are all the same."

Seulgi frowns. "At least I won't be as crazy as Seungwan earlier."

Irene doesn't answer, only hums as she grips Seulgi's hand with her own. It seems like she's still too sleepy to hold another proper conversation, so Seulgi lets his girlfriend drift back to sleep. With a smile, Seulgi pecks Irene's lips, and he lies his head on the bed before he follows Irene into the dreamworld.

.

.

.

At the same time, room two

 

Jihyo knows from the very start that there's someone slipping into her room. But her head is still pounding and her stomach still feels like it's twisted, so she ignores whoever it is approaching her. Probably Nayeon, or Yongsun, coming to check on her. To be honest, Jihyo is having trouble falling asleep, what with her whole body feeling like someone has just thrown her down a cliff. But she's too lazy to try to get off the bed to find some other comfortable place in the villa.

"Sst, oy."

Oh my God, it's this person.

"Jihyo? Ji, wake up."

Jihyo keeps her silence, ignoring the hushed calls.

"Are you dead?"

", no."

Despite being sleepy as , Jihyo manages to open her eyes to find Seungwan staring at her with an indescribable expression. She growls, shifting away from the Canadian boy.

"What do you want?" Jihyo asks unkindly. She tries to be scary to no avail because she still lacks any means of power in her body. "Do anything weird and you're dead."

Seungwan grins. "How are you?"

"Not fine, thank you."

"I bring you some meds." Seungwan shows Jihyo a box of medicine similar to what Momo gave to Mina. "Have you taken any?"

"Yes."

"Oh." Seungwan puts the box on the bed, a bit disappointed. "How are you feeling now? Better or are you still dizzy?"

"Dizzy."

"Should I massage you?"

"No."

"This is a serious offer, Ji."

Jihyo stares tiredly at Seungwan. "Get out of here. I want to sleep."

Seungwan seems crestfallen at that, sending a tiny bit of guilt into Jihyo's heart. But the horrible memory of their ride this afternoon is still fresh in Jihyo's mind, and she's not going to forgive Seungwan that fast for making her losing her lunch.

"Please forgive me," Seungwan says again, his tone as genuine as it could be.

"Not forgiven," mumbling, Jihyo turns around.

The boy still tries to beg even when Jihyo is clearly dismissing him. "Please, I'll do anything for you to forgive me."

"You can buy me all of Twice's merchandises from their debut until they're all married and I still won't forgive you."

Jihyo knows Seungwan must be pouting as he's being ignored, but she doesn't care. Curling deeper into herself, Jihyo curses the mountain's chilly air that makes her feel cold despite the multiple layers of blanket over her body. The position isn't comfortable at all, but at least Jihyo could get some kind of warmth despite her hurting spine.

She's about to fall asleep when an arm suddenly drapes over her waist.

"SEUNGWAN HOLY –"

"Sshhh.. be quiet!" Seungwan hisses in Jihyo's ear. The boy is already lying behind Jihyo, his arms hugging the girl close while his body is pressed tight against Jihyo's back. "I know you're cold, that's why I hug you. You know I'm used with Canada's cold weather so I might be able to warm you up."

Before Jihyo could protest, Seungwan continues.

"Besides, you hugged me back there when we went here. It's my turn now," the boy claims. When Jihyo gives no apparent responses, Seungwan sighs and nuzzles his face to Jihyo's short hair. "Now, now, sleep. I will keep you warm and I won't let you get worse until tomorrow morning."

Knowing that she can't refuse and also admitting that Seungwan really is warm and comfortable, Jihyo huffs. Her heart is beating wildly, but somehow the uneasy feeling in her stomach lessens gradually. With a groan, she pushes herself back into Seungwan's embrace and intertwines their fingers together. "Promise?"

Seungwan chuckles. "Promise."

.

.

.

Back at the hall, a few minutes later

 

Lisa stands frozen with his eyes staring straight at the person before him. His heart beats fast, he's sweating heavily, and his hands tremble–is this what they call as love?

The person in front of Lisa blinks in confusion when the boy turns to a statue. "Lisa? Is everything okay?"

Lisa jolts and clears his throat in embarrassment. "Ah, yes. I just finished checking on Irene, Ji, and Mina. I think they're getting better now."

A nod.

"How about you, Rose? Why aren't you sleeping?"

The girl in front of him, Rose, shakes her head. "I couldn't fall asleep. Too noisy for me. I'll try again later or I'll just play games until tomorrow morning."

Lisa nods. He agrees with Rose–their friends are as noisy sleeping as they are awake. Even Lisa could hear the noises of Tzuyu snoring despite the Taiwanese boy sleeping the furthest from their place now.

Incredible.

"Ehm, do you want to sleep in the car?" Lisa offers when he sees Rose yawning. He feels bad for the Australian girl. Rose must have been tired but unable to sleep just because of the noises their friends make. "We have a lot of schedule tomorrow, can't risk you get sick like those three. I have Seulgi's car key. It's a lot warmer and certainly quieter if you sleep in the car."

Rose thinks over the suggestion for a while. "But I can't sleep alone. Will you accompany me, Lisa?"

"S-sure..." Lisa stutters but at least he manages to answer. "Just pick some pillows and blanket so it will be comfortable."

"Okay." Rose giggles, then tiptoes once to peck Lisa's cheek. "Wait a minute for me, okay?"

It's such a miracle that Lisa holds himself together enough not to fall down and faint.

__________

.

.

.

.

.

__________

"So, what are you guys now?"

"Oh, nothing," Lisa answers with a shrug, though his face is as red as a tomato. "It's just that we're getting closer now."

"Only 'close'? Even after she kissed you? Wow, what a coward," Seungwan snickers as he leans back on his seat.

"You should tell that to him." Pouting, Lisa his chin to Momo's direction. The Japanese boy who is enjoying his breakfast turns, with a pointed stare as he knows that the other two transferees are talking about him. "It's been years and still they're 'friends'. Besides, what's 'not a coward' for you? Is sleeping together on one bed counts as 'not a coward'?"

Seungwan chokes.

Lisa continues talking. "Even when you're not his boyfriend. Ck ck ck... such bravery indeed."

"Oy, shut up!" the older boy slaps Lisa's shoulder until he yelps. Pulling Lisa near him, Seungwan whispers heatedly into the other boy's ears. "How the do you know that?!"

"Hey, everyone trust me to become the field coordinator. Of course, I check on each and every person to ensure their safety." Growling in irritation that his shoulder is hurting now, Lisa then grins when Seungwan panics. "Hooo... what was it happening back there, hmm??"

"Nothing!" Seungwan snaps. "Nothing happened, okay? We just slept together–not like that! I swear nothing happened between us!"

"But you want something to happen, right?"

"What–no! Not in a thousand years!"

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" seeing the 'heated' conversation between his friends, Seulgi saunters close. Seungwan immediately pinches Lisa's thigh so he won't say anything to Seulgi. The Thailand boy grimaces in pain, but thankfully, Seulgi who might sometimes unaware of his surroundings doesn't notice and sits beside them.

"So I heard from the girls that they love the gathering night yesterday. Hyunnie told me that if the others want it, maybe we're going to have another event like that after graduation, probably camping, just at the beach now. We should go together again and have fun! Hehehe..."

Seungwan could only rub his temple in exhaustion while Lisa cackles, loudly he almost sheds a tear.

"Yeah, right! We're going to have fun indeed!"

 

 

Fin