Writer in the Dark

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Writer in the Dark 
OC [Inha] - 21 y/o & Changkyun [I.M] - 24 y/o

     

I was sitting on a bench outside of the library, reading a book. I had some spare time since I finished up my midterms, so I wanted to pick up a novel to relax my mind and indulge in some great literature. The library was a bit noisy, which was ironic for a place that should be filled with silence, so I settled for a picnic bench just outside of it. It was a nice day out anyway, so I didn't mind it so much. 

"Yo Inha!!!" Jihye called out. She ran her way up to where I was, sitting across from me. 

"How was your exam?" I asked. 

Jihye just sighed and shook her head. "Hoping for at least a 70..... but anyways, did you hear about that post that's been ging viral on campus?" she asked me. I tilted my head, wondering what she was going on about. 

She placed her bag on the table and opened it up, fishing for something at the bottom of her bag. Eventually, she pulled out her phone and showed me a screenshot of a picture. The picture was filled with words. It was a small writing piece that was way too familiar to me.

"So apparently someone sent this to the writing club's submission box, and the club shared it on their Instagram. Which then led to the university's official student account to share it as well. It blew up and now people are intrigued by who its about and who wrote it."

The post read 

To C.K
Break the news, you're walking out
To be a good man for someone else
Sorry, I was never good like you
But I will make you rue the day you kissed a writer in the dark
I am my mother's child, I loved you 'til my breathing stopped
Did my best to exist just for you
But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power
I'll find a way to be without you, babe

My heart sunk to the pit of my stomach. I wasn't expecting them to actually share it. And what makes everything worse was the fact that the official student Instagram account shared it. Almost everyone follows that account or at least keeps up with it. It was the go-to account to know about the latest gossip or events happening at the university. And the fact that the account shared it meant that almost everyone saw it. 

"You wrote it, right?" Jihye bluntly asked. I looked up at her. She was staring straight into my soul. "Uh...uh" 

"It was obvioudly you. First, to C.K... Well, we both know who that is. And second of all, the I am my mother's child line..... that is your official line. You always say that," she told me. I couldn't argue nor dispute that. There was no way that I could get around it and lie about not writing that. Jihye and I were friends since we were particularly babies. There was no way of deceiving her.  

"I've sent so many things before. So many better things, but they never shared it. I would have never expected them to share that piece of crap. I wrote that while drunk on cheap wine!" I told Jihye. She just laughed and shook her head. 

"It honestly not that bad. Yes, you've written better, but it's still pretty good."

I placed my head down on the table and sighed, "What am I going to do?" I asked her. 

"Well there's nothing you can do to stop it from spreading. Damage was already done. Just don't stress over it too much. It's anaomuous, so people don't know who sent it....." she told me with a hit of hesitation in her voice. I raised my head and stared at her, "What? What is it??" I asked. 

"Well...... someone people of speculating who the C.K. could be. And Changkyun is one of the guesses...." she told me. I groaned and put my head down once again. I'm totally screwed. 

 

 

I grabbed the cheapest kind they had. I didn't want to waste my money on some cheap wine, but I really needed something tonight. I paid the cash register and made my way back to my room. It was raining out, so I managed to get a little wet. Too lazy to take a shower, I just changed into some comfy clothes. I was sure I would be a complete mess in the morning tomorrow, so I would just wait to clean up then. 

I played some music out loud and opened up my laptop. It was just me tonight, so I decided to drink straight from the bottle. I opened up a blank document and sharted typing my thoughts away. 

I was mad, so irritated. I was also upset. I wasn't sure if I was heartbroke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter