Liability

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Liability  
OC [Minha] - 24 y/o & Aron - 27 y/o

   

Liability: the state of being responsible for something

"How did you even get in my apartment?" I asked Aaron as he strode into my living room with a salad and berry smoothie. "Seoah gave me her key. She wanted me to check up on you. She said work has been getting in the way, making it hard for her to visit you," he explained to me. He placed the items down on the coffee table and sat down next to me on the couch. "I told her that Yuji, Miyoung, and Haeyoung came by yesterday....." I told him as I pointed to the smoothie. He grabbed the smoothie off the table and handed it over to me. My throat was parched, and I needed something cool to go down my throat.

"Well, I guess that they came to a consensus that you needed someone to accompany you today, and since they are all occupied with classes or work today, here I am!"

I nodded my head as I took a sip of the smoothie. I felt like I was heating up and was to catch on fire at any moment. "Have you been eating?" Aaron asked me. I looked at him and nodded my head. He tilted his head and gave me a look of suspicion. "I did! I swear. For breakfast I ate some waffles!" I argued. "For lunch?" he asked. I looked away before answering, "nothing......"

He got up and walked over to the kitchen. I heard him rummage through my utensil drawer. He came back with a fork in his hand. "I know how much you love salads, so you better eat up," he commanded. He handed me the salad and stabbed a piece of lettuce with the fork. "Eat up," he said as I grabbed the fork from him. I was too lazy and hungry to deny the salad, so I ate as he sat beside me.

"How are you?" he asked. I turned to face him only to see him staring back at me, waiting for a reply. I shrugged my shoulders in response. How was I? I couldn't find a single word that could sum up how I was feeling. I had no control over my life, and I was a mess. I felt like I was failing at everything. Mentally, physically, duties as a friend. I was failing to meet those expectations.

"I don't know. It's like I'm not really Minha...." I told him. "What do you mean?" he asked as he tilted his head in confusion. I looked away and sighed, "It's just people expect me to be a certain way. They have a certain image of who I am. That's based on a couple of instances they had with me or based on the words of others and how they describe me. Minha is loud and isn't afraid to express her mind. She has ambition and is someone you shouldn't mess with. She can't be knocked down because she's strong-headed. You can't get to her emotions. All those things......."

I looked over to Aaron, who was silently listening to me. He never looked away. He sat there, hearing me out. Listening to the words I sopke out.

"And I'm trying to fix up my body. My cousin, who is like an older sister to me, needs that kidney transplant. The idea of her not being around due to kidney failure scares me. She was there for me ever since I was young.  My doctor wants me to be in good shape and healthy before going along with the surgery to give my kidney to her. But it's hard with all these deficiencies. Iron deficiency, Vitamin C, and D deficient. All these other things that keep popping up, I'm just so stressed and mad at myself for not taking better care of my body before."

I stopped for a moment, feeling a lump form in my throat. Aaron got up and walked over to the kitchen. He came back with a water bottle, opening it for me to drink. He handed me the bottle, and I chugged half it down. I took in a big breath before continuing. 

"And the girls. They're dealing with their own problems. I feel like I'm not there for them. Present enough for them. They're my best friends, and I know that they're more understanding than I know it. But I just feel like I haven't been a good friend. And with Dabin......" I was hesitant about continuing on.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. Don't force or strain yourself over it," Aaron hold me as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I thought for a moment before shaking my head. "I mean, I'm already talking out my feelings. I might as well talk about it. I've talked with the girls, but I want someone who isn't in my close direct circle 24/7 to hear me out," I told him. He nodded his head, "If you're comfortable with it, then go right on ahead."

"Dabin is a great person. He's so kind and understanding. And he is someone, outside of the girls and close friends like you and Namjoon, to understand me and see me as me. Not some stupid image that people have of me. But with him, I don't know.....I don't feel the feeling I did in the beginning. I don't feel like I fit in with him or his other friends. And I feel bad because they're nice people, they really are. It's just people who I don't really hang out with. They seem way too cool for me. I feel out of my comfort zone. And do you know how bad I feel? I felt like a . Like how do I word that? It's not him or the people he hangs out with. It's just me. I'm the reason for the failed relationship. I feel like I just liked him because he saw me as me and not for who he was, and that's that fair for him. In hindsight, it's clear that he is more like a friend rather than a significant other. I ended up hurting myself and hurting him."

"Get up," Aaron commanded as he abruptly got up from the couch. "Huh?" I questioned. He motioned me to get up with his finger. Without asking any other questions, I did as he asked.

"Now, let's go for a walk outside. It's a nice day out, and we need some fresh air," he told me. He walked over to the door and motioned me to follow him with his hand. "Wh-what? I can't go out like this!" I told him. I was wearing an old plain navy blue t-shirt and some tights. I saw him disappe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter