Green Light

⇀melodrama↼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Green Light 
OC [Haeun] - 24 y/o & Taehyung [V] - 25 y/o

     

[Haeun's POV]

It was the department head's birthday today, so a party was being held for the him with all the employees gathering up for it. The department head loved to celebrate his birthday. Life was the most precious thing and it needed to be celebrated was what he always said when he held such grand parties.

He always threw his parties at his modern Spanish revival home. It was quite grand and spacious, with three stories and a pool. It wasn't mandatory to go, nor would we be reprimanded if we didn't go. But I went a couple of times, and it wasn't too bad. Despite being in his 60s, he knew how to throw one hell of a party. Plus, there were always tons of expensive party favors that were being given out at these parties. And there was no way in hell that I would miss out on an opportunity to get some luxurious gifts. 

I decided to wear a soft pink mini dress, with long sleeves and ruffles on it. I didn't want to stand out too much, but I also didn't want to fade into the scene. It was something cute, with a hint of iness. And since it was going to be breezy tonight, I wouldn't dare go out sleeveless. One of my closest friends in the workplace came down with a cold, so she wasn't able to attend today.  It was a bummer, but I would manage since I was quite friendly and associated with others. 

I took a cab to the place since I was positive that I would be a bit buzzed at the end of the night, and there was no way I was going to drive myself home in that type of state. As the cab drove up to the place I saw lights flashing out and felt the ground beneath me vibrate from the music blasting out.

I paid the cab driver and walked towards the house. I flashed my work ID at the security at the front. Once they found my name in the list they nodded their heads and let me proceed into the house. As I expected, it was beautifully decorated, with flashing colors. People already filled the house, enjoying their time. I walked around, greeting people, catching up with them. I noticed a few of them were from other departments. Maybe he decided to invite others since 60 was a new decade for him. I went by the bar to get myself a drink. It was going to be one hell of a night, and I needed to get loose. 

I was waiting for my drink when I noticed from the corner of my eye. On the other side of the bar, he was there. Here we are, in the same room, when I least expected it. I swore to myself that I would never want to see that jerk's face again. But here we are, ordering different drinks at the same bar. What was he doing here? He wasn't supposed to be here. He didn't work in my department, so why was he here?

He walked away as soon as the bartender gave him two drinks. "Sorry about that," the bartender said as he came over to me. He made my drink and walked off to the others at the bar. I took the drink down all in a shot. I wasn't expecting him to be here. "Another one!" I called out to the bartender. He looked at me with his eyes widen, "Okay....."

 

I was ten drinks in. I was able to handle my alcohol, so I wasn't completely out of my mind. I was on the top floor, away from where I last saw him. I guess word spread about him and me, and how much of a mess I was when we split because everyone was avoiding me. No one wanted to be near a drunk heartbroken girl. A girl who seemed to be out of her mind, dancing away like she was possessed. 

I was at the bar, calling for another shot. "Are you sure?" the bartender asked me. This one was a pretty girl, she seemed quite young. I nodded my head, "Just do it." She was quick at her job. In an instant, I had a brand new drink. 

I decided to take my time with this one. As I took a sip, this man sat beside me. It took me by surprise since I thought no one would approach me today, not in the state that I was currently in. I looked over at him, wondering why he was right next to me when there multiple seats available. He turned his head and looked over at me with a smile. 

It was that new guy, the one that transferred a little over a month ago. It made sense now as to why he was near me. I guess he didn't hear about me. 

"You sure like to drink," he told me. I looked away and nodded my head. What was his name? I remember making some small talk with him during his first two weeks, but I couldn't remember his name. It was Tae-something. He ordered a drink and stayed put. I was sure he would leave, but he was still there. 

"It's Haeun, right?" he asked me. I looked back at him, finding him look straight at me. I nodded my head, "Yea, you're Tae......"

"Taehyung."

I nodded my head. Taehyung, that was the name. "Where's your friend, Gayoon?" he asked. "She's sick." I simply replied. He knew her since she was the one who was showing him around the company. 

"Am I bothering you?" he asked. I looked at him and scoffed, "What do you think?" I asked him. He took another sip of his drink and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, that's why I asked you."

I grabbed my glass and chugged down the rest of my drink, "Another one please!!" I hollered, waving to get the bartender's attention. She came by, made my drink, and then walked away to tend to others. 

I took a couple of sips from my drinks before looking back at him. "No, no you are not. As you can see, everyone is avoiding me." I told him as I motioned to the empty space around me. "I'm just a sad, lonely person at the bar, drinking her sorrows away. I guess the only thing you're bothering is my sad litle parade that's going on around here. But I personally do not care......" I told him as I took another sip from my drink. 

He raised his brows and took a sip of his drink. I guess he wasn't expecting that. "So are they avoiding cause you're a horrible drunk, a nasty person....." He asked me. I shook my head and la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter