Blind dates!

She's the girl

Her phone was ringing non stop for a minute already, but she hasn’t bothered to look at it even for once. It’s Sunday, means its rest day and she slept late because of the paper works for her company that she needed to do. She seemed fed up as she frantically looked for her phone with her eyes closed and forehead creased.

 

 

“Choi Yena, what do you want?” she didn’t even need to open her eyes and look at her phone to know who called, no one but her best bud would bother her on her slumber.

 

 

Yena just chuckled at the other line, “Why are you being grumpy? You didn’t forget what I told you to do this day right?”

 

 

She tried to remember what her bestfriend was talking about but nothing came to her mind, “What the hell are you talking-----” she stopped talking as she suddenly remembered what Yena was on about. “Ah ”

 

 

“Wow early morning cursing, very nice!”

 

 

Hyewon then opened her eyes as she sat on her bed, giving up the thought of sleeping more. “How many times do I have to tell you, I won’t do it!”

 

 

Yena then snorted on the other line, “and you will keep telling me about your non existent girlfriend?”

 

 

“She exists stupid!” She and her girlfriend have kept their relationship a secret for a year already, and it’s already been a year since Yena have been setting her up with different people over time. Their relationship was a secret not because they were ashamed of it but because they wanted to have the fun and suspense of trying to hide a relationship, but seems like it backlashed, well as I have told you, Yena doesn’t believe she really does have a girlfriend when she confessed that she really have one. Yena just kept on telling her that she’s lying and keeps on pushing her to other girls, and she can’t even do anything about is as her girlfriend was sent abroad for business matters. Good thing her girlfriend is fine with what Yena was doing, and just laughs at it everytime Hyewon would whine to her about Yena’s s.

 

 

“Yeah yeah, tell me that next time, just get ready, will you? You have to be there at 9” she said with finality oozing on her voice.

 

 

“tsk” was just the only thing Hyewon said, another story again for her girlfriend it seems, and other phonecall would be made on the blind date.

 

 

“Get up or your car would be mine” She cursed again as she remembered her car was on the line, her precious Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. Well, everything wouldn’t have happened if only she didn’t get drunk and signed the freaking contract that was just made for fun when they were both drunk. A contract that stated the fact that she needs to do everything Yena would say or else she’ll have her beloved car gone.

 

 

And well the only thing that Yena kept on telling her to do was atleast meet and go on blind dates that she sets up, which is the absolute worst for her, lol. Yena said the contract would be rebuked if and only if she shows her “non-existent girlfriend” , Yena’s words.

 

 

“I’ll really kill you one of these days, Yena” she threatened.

 

 

“Oh, you have been telling me that for a year already, it doesn’t faze me anymore buddy!”

 

 

“Really, once my girlfriend gets home, I’ll kiss her in front of you that you’d get embarrassed everytime you set me up!”

 

 

“very well!” Yena was just laughing not really believing anything Hyewon says and Hyewon just rolled her eyes, then she ended the call.

 

 

Well, actually Yena’s close with Hyewon’s alleged girlfriend, and it would be really fun once she actually meets who she was. She’s Yena’s cousin to be specific.

 

 

Hyewon then dialled a certain number, with just one ring, a voice was heard on the other line.

 

 

“Good morning baby” said the other girl on the line.

 

 

“Morning!”

 

 

The girl then chuckled, “Why did you call baby?”

 

 

“Well, you see…..”

 

 

“Let me guess, Yena set you up again?”

 

 

Hyewon then just released a heavy sigh, “When are you going home exactly baby?”

 

 

“What? Miss me already?” her girlfriend asked, teasing.

 

 

“Babe, I miss you everyday” she said sweetly.

 

 

“I know baby, a little more and I’ll be home” her girl told her.

 

 

Well the fact that that they have been on a relationship for a year already while being away from each other, means that their trust of each other was strong enough to keep their relationship going. Well their would be times that Hyewon would go surprise her girlfriend on occasions, like she went to America for her girlfriend’s birthday. Her girlfriend who was know to not cry, cried at the very moment she saw Hyewon in flesh.

 

 

“I love you baby” she said sincerely.

 

 

“I love you too baby, I’ll see you very soon, don’t worry” her girl replied with the same sincerity.

 

 

“Babe, I’ll call you later? I’ll have to let the girl Yena have set me up that I already have an amazing girl I’m waiting for”

 

 

The other girl laughed on the other line, “We breaking hearts again, I see. Yena doesn’t give up, does she? How many people have she disappointed already anyway?” her girl just shook her head on the other line, thinking about Yena’s antics. Her cousin can be really a handfull.

 

 

“That’s why I told her I’d kiss you in front of her when you come home, I’d kiss you a lot until she gets embarrassed of setting me up with several people”

 

 

Her girl chuckled, “Ohh, I’d like that, a lot”

 

 

“Baby, have to get ready now” she said.

 

 

“Oh, okay. Wear your best okay?” her girl reminded her.  “Please be cool” she added.

 

 

Hyewon laughed, “Yes, I’ll wear my best” She loves it when her girl gets playful and encourages her when she goes on these blind dates  

 

 

“Bye baby, I love you very much!” and then she ended the call as she received her girl’s I love you’s back.

 

 

“This would do I guess” she’s wearing a plain white t-shirt, black pants and she wore a long coat.

 

 

She then went out of her condo unit, and to tell what Hyewon really is, She’s the CEO of the gaming company, Baestar Gaming. It’s one of the most successful gaming companies around the world. It was just her simple dream when she was young as she loved gaming.

 

 

On her way out, the guard greeted her. She then gladly greeted back the guard. “Another blind date, maam?” the guard asked her. How did the guard know? Well, Hyewon doesn’t really come out on Sundays unless it’s about the company or yeah, a blind date.

 

 

“Unfortunately, yes” she replied, and the guard just smiled at her, “I have to go now, Ivor. I’m already late” and then the guard bowed at her.

 

 

She then went to the parking lot where her car would be found, and she immediately drove away, as she wanted things to end early. She then arrived at the place Yena told her to go.

 

 

An usher then went to her, “Table reserved by Choi Yena” she told the usher, and then the usher led her to their table showing her blind date.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I’m late, had to set things up for a bit” she apologized, “Kang Hyewon” and then she offered her hand for a handshake.

 

 

The girl then accepted her hand and shook it “It’s fine, the great Kang Hyewon of Baestar Gaming sure is busy. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Shin Yoonji by the way”

 

 

“Let’s order?” said Kang Hyewon, and then they called for the waiter and ordered food they wanted to it.

 

 

“What are the things you like, Hyewon-ssi?” Yoonji asked on the middle of eating.

 

 

“Sleeping peacefully and not be disturbed by my best bud on weekends” she wittily replied and Yoonji laughed.

 

 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” Yoonji straightforwardly asked.

 

 

“I do, actually” she said without actually looking at the girl on the other side.

 

 

“Yena actually told me you’re going to say that, and she told me if you’re going to tell me you really have one, I shouldn’t believe you she said” and then Yoonji sipped on her drink.

 

 

Hyewon shrugged at her, “Well, it’s your call if you’ll believe it or not, Yoonji-ssi”

 

 

Yoonji leaned forward, “Well, I don’t believe you Hyewon-ssi”

 

 

She sighed, this is one of the scenarios she doesn’t like about blind dates, when the other person goes aggressive not minding the other person. She just then brought out her phone and dialed her girlfriend’s number, Yoonji was just looking at what she was doing.

 

 

“I need you help now, babe” she said out of irritation.

 

 

Her girl chuckled, “Really? This one’s hard to handle?”

 

 

“Yep”

 

 

On the other hand, Yoonji was just watching, and Hyewon looked at her like she’s telling her, “see, I really have a girlfriend”

 

 

“What’s her name?”

 

 

“Yoonji”

 

 

“Yoonji? As in Shin Yoonji?” her girl asked.

 

 

This perked Hyewon’s attention and she sat up straightly, “How’d you know baby?”

 

 

“give her the phone baby”

 

 

So Hyewon did, “My girlfriend wants to talk to you” she emphasized the world girlfriend, but Yoonji just smirked at her.

 

 

“Hello, are you the non-existent girlfriend Yena warned me about” Yoonji started. Hyewon just rolled her eyes, the girls getting on her nerves now.

 

 

“Is this the attitude you’re giving my girlfriend? Yoonji?”

 

 

The voice was familiar for Yoonji, “Who are you?” she asked.

 

 

“you already forgot about me?”

 

 

Yoonji’s eyes became big when she remembered who’s voice it was. “Kim Chaewon?”

 

 

“Yes . Hi there!”

 

 

Yoonji gritted her teeth at the name Chaewon called her, She and Chaewon were actually on the same class when they were in college, in the fashion department to be exact. Chaewon was always on top of their class, and Yoonji always came in second which she cannot just accept, she just hated Chaewon throughout her life which Chaewon didn’t give a at all.

 

 

Yoonji smirked, “What now? Are you playing fake girlfriend now?” this just made Hyewon’s brows shot up.

 

Chaewon on the other line just snorted, “What? Still not going to accept the fact that I’m always ahead of you? Come on girl, we’re already adults grow up a little, will you?!”

 

 

Nothing to say anymore, Yoonji stood up and threw the phone back aggressively to Hyewon who was baffled at the action. Yoonji went out of restaurant not saying anything at Hyewon.  

 

 

“baby?” Hyewon called for her girl.

 

 

“Where did the go? Did she leave?”

 

 

“yes? you know each other baby?” she asked.

 

 

“Babe, we were classmates in college, believe it or not, she actually liked you wayyyy before” and there’s a pause, “Wow, that got the guts to do moves on you through Yena? And why the hell did Yena even agree on doing this?”

 

 

“Come on baby, relax” she’s actually a bit baffled at what her girl’s state is in, this is the first time she’s in rage after talking to her blind dates.

 

 

“tsk, this won’t do. I’ll have to talk to Yena when I get home, I’ll have to put some sense to this cousin of mine” she said with finality on her voice that made Hyewon gulp, you just don’t make a Kim Chaewon mad at you.

 

 

“Babe, Yena’s calling” she said when she looked at her phone which buzzed.

 

 

“Okay baby, take her call now, I’ll be just doing something, I love you!”

 

 

“I love you too” and then she ended the call while accepting Yena’s call on her other phone.

 

 

“Yah! What did you do again?!” she distanced the phone from her ears.

 

 

“Hello to you too, buddy” she replied as she put back the phone back on her ears.

 

 

“Yah, how many people are you going to reject bud. Don’t you want to have a love life at all?” her bestfriend said dramatically which made her roll her eyes.

 

 

“Bruh, how do many times do I have to tell you that I already have one?!”

 

 

“And how many times do I have to tell you to stop lying!” they shouted at each other. “Fine, go home for now”

 

 

“tss, you don’t tell me what to do bud”

 

“I do, that’s why I’m setting you up on a date, and I’d be there before your date comes so, you’re going to stay with me before the date goes on!”

 

 

“That’s bull!” she said out of frustration.

 

 

“Get moving, bud”

 

Hyewon irritated, ended the call without saying anything back.  “Oh, baby. Come back soon please”

 

 

The weekend came, She and Yena’s now at the restaurant of the blind date, and Hyewon just kept on rolling her eyes at Yena.

 

 

“Your eyes would roll out any moment” Yena told her but she doesn’t care.

 

 

“Why are we here an hour early anyway?” she asked because she was supposed to be sleeping at this hour.

 

 

“Nothing, I just want to get you out of your bed” Yena replied which earned her a punch. “What the hell?”

 

 

“You deserved that idiot!” and then Yena just laughed at her.

 

A phone ring was then heard so both of them looked at their phone, Hyewon smiled as soon as she saw it was hers and as soon as she knew who was calling. The action made Yena’s brows shot up.

 

 

“Where are you right now babe?”

 

 

“Uh, ******* Restaurant, baby. Waiting for my blind date. Yena’s with me by the way” she replied.

 

 

“Hmmm, I know. See you in a minute babe!” she said and then Chaewon ended the call.

 

 

“In a minute?” she murmured, she was confused. How in the hell would Chaewon would there be in a minute when she----?

 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when someone just sat on her lap and kissed her like crazy. Her eyes hot open, and then when she saw who was kissing her, she smiled then she kissed her back. 

 

 

When she and the girl who kissed her ran out of breath, they separated. “Welcome home, baby” said Hyewon and stole another kiss.

 

 

Yena was just wide-eyes the whole time the two were kissing. She even rubbed her eyes to know if she was just dreaming or not, and as to why her cousin was kissing the hell out Hyewon.

 

 

“Oh, hi there, my beloved cousin!” Chaewon said acknowledging the presence of her cousin.

 

 

“What the hell?!” was the first thing that came out of , Hyewon just laughed at her.

 

 

“As I already told you, I have a girlfriend!” and she just smiled at her girl, and kissed her again, it was just a peck though.

 

 

“All right, all right! Fine, you can stop kissing in front of me now!”

 

 

“I think you’ll need to notify someone now, cousin” Chaewon told her, and Yena brought out her phone to call Hyewon’s supposed to be date.

 

 

Before dropping the call, she apologized to the person one last time.

 

 

“Now, let’s talk” Yena gulped because of Chaewon’s voice, no sweetness to it, the seriousness was dripping.

 

 

“I can accept all the other bilnd dates you set up my girl, they’re all nice, but Shin Yoonji? Are you crazy?!” she asked while her arms are crossed. Hyewon was just watching how her bestfriend quivered out of fear.  

 

 

“I’m sorry okay! I thought she doesn’t like nice people, that’s why I introduced Shin Yoonji!”

 

 

Chaewon was just speechless, and she was supposed to say something more but she just shut . “Why do you keep on setting her up with people when she kept telling you she had a girlfriend anyway?”

 

 

“Well, I thought she was really lying, and she wasn’t really anyone to me!” Yena explained.

 

 

“How would I show her to you when she’s abroad, and you always dismiss me anyway!” Hyewon retorted back.

 

 

“Well…..” Yena couldn’t think of anything anymore. They were silent for a minute or two and then Hyewon spoke again.

 

 

“But Yena-yah. She’s the girl” Hyewon said, and she was supposed to kiss Chaewon again when Yena interrupted.

 

 

“Oh come on!” and both of them just laughed at her.

 

 

 

 

A/N

What do you guys think about this? 

Thank you for reading!