Snow-tinted Prince

Cold Eyes

 

 

Sehun is barely through breakfast when the sound of marching feet echoes through the courtyard outside. He glances over to the window and furrows his brows; his husband unphased and continuing his eating. Gently setting his silverware down, he wipes his mouth neatly before standing up. He curiously heads over and peers outside. He watches as guards march toward the front gates, seemingly ready for travel. He stares at them in awe; silver armor glistening under the morning sun. 

 

“They are leaving for your old kingdom,” Jongin says, stepping up beside Sehun.

 

“Oh,” He whispers. His heart drops as he swallows hard.

 

“Your family will be fine,” His husband mumbles. “They will be safe now.”

 

He isn’t sure why, but his husband’s quiet voice soothes the prince a bit. He glances at Jongin, giving him a shy but uncertain smile. When the cold prince looks at him, it makes him jump and look away. He coughs before quickly making his way back to his place at the table. “W-when do you want to start the lessons?”

 

“Later today,” He replies, also taking his spot. Sehun glances at Junmyeon, noting the small smirk he wears. “After breakfast, go to the music room and prepare.”

 

Showing his excitement, He grins and nods. “I-i’m not hungry anymore anyways!” The prince nods to Junmyeon before quickly heading out of the room. He’s excited to teach someone something new, even if it’s to someone like Jongin. His servant laughs as he follows behind, shaking his head. 

 

“It is good to see you in a good mood, your grace. You have been very down since you arrived.”

 

“I know,” Sehun sighs as he heads into the music room. “I...I think I’m getting used to it here. The servants have been so nice to me.”

 

Junmyeon smiles as he sits at the piano this time, Yixing nowhere to be seen. “I am glad, Sehun. We want you to like it here.”

 

“I do,” He pulls off his sweater and sets it down. “A cold husband makes it...difficult. But It’ll be fine.”

 

“Indeed,” His servant nods, beginning to play soft music as Sehun begins to warm up. They both look over when Jongin enters the room. “Prince Jongin,” Junmyeon greets, bowing his head; Sehun follows, able to do a deeper bow.  

 

“Prince Jongin…”

 

Jongin nods as he pulls off his jacket, letting Kyungsoo take it. His servant heads for the piano and stands beside it and folds his hands. “Well then, let’s begin.”

 

Sehun smiles as they step up to each other, only a shoulder away from each other. “Have you danced much in the past before?”

 

“No,” The cold Prince admits as Sehun places his own left hand on his husband’s left shoulder. He places his right hand in Jongin’s, instructing him to place his free one on the Prince’s waist.

 

“To begin, We are going to be moving in a square, so start with your feet together with your weight on your right foot.” He smiles when Jongi furrows his brow and looks at their feet. “Since you’ll be leading, you’ll need to begin first; you’ll need to step forward. Jongin nods and talks a step forward, guiding Sehun to take a step back. “Now to the right, bring your feet together.” His husband steps to the right and brings his feet together as instructed. Sehun mirrors him as he does so. 

 

“Is it like this?”

 

“Yes.”

 

He presses close to Jongin gracefully, keeping his elegant pose. The warmth of their bodies close together starts to make him nervous but he tries to ignore it. 


 

Jongin is a surprisingly quickly learner, only seemingly needing to be told once or twice. Hell, Sehun even expected his toes to be stepped one once or twice. But they move together in a graceful sweep. His husband getting the basics down pretty easily. After a while of teaching him, Sehun finally let's go and takes a step back. “You’re a quick learner, Jongin! I’m very surprised!” He accidentally lets his princely persona don, showing his childish nature. But instead of getting angry, his husband gives him a small smile. It’s slight but it’s there. 

 

“You are...a very patient teacher.”

 

“Oh, trust me,” Sehun laughs as he grabs his sweater. “I had to be! I taught some nobles how to dance as well and I’ll be honest, they didn’t learn as quickly as you do,” He shakes his head. “One noble once took four months.”

 

“Four months?” Jongin raises a brow “You must be joking.”

 

“I wish,” Sehun smiles, looking over at Junmyeon as he joins him.

 

“Your Grace, I do not wish to rush you but you still have some of your own lessons to attend.”

 

“Oh, right,” he sighs. He was having so much fun with Jongin, he completely forgot about his schedule. He smiles at Jongin and bows. “Thank you for letting me teach you. I look forward to our future lessons.”

 

“Of course,” His husband nods again. There’s a weird look in his eyes; almost like confusion. Sehun bows one last time before letting Junmyeon lead him out of the room.

 

“I think that went extremely well, Sehun,” Junmyeon speaks up as soon as they’re away. “Don’t you?”

 

“Yes, I think so…” Sehun agrees. He puts his hand over his heart, frowning at how fast it’s beating. His cheeks feel warm as well and he’s not sure why. He remembers how close they had been and how warm Jongin was. How his husband stared into his eyes almost the whole time; like he’s staring straight into the Prince’s very own soul. Taking a deep breath, he shakes his head and tries to focus. He needs to keep his mind on his schedule. Though, he knows that’ll be easier said than done.



 

Sehun groans softly as he stretches his hands over his head; happy to feel the fresh night air of the garden. He sets his book to the side as he sits on a bench. To make sure he was really focused, Junmyeon worked him hard today; barely letting him get away for a break. He supposes his servant was right to, though. He did have a hard time focusing because of the earlier dance lessons.

 

“Sehun.”

 

Sehun looks over and tiredly smiles when he notices Jongin approach, seemingly carefully. “Oh, hello,” He greets. He gently pats the spot beside him. “Do you want to sit here for a moment? You must have worked hard.”

 

Jongin awkwardly looks around before sighing. “Very well,” He says quietly. They sit in silence for several moments before someone does finally speak up. It’s only when Sehun’s husband glances down at the book on Sehun’s lap. “You read Chinese?”

 

Sehun glances at his book and nods. “Yes but it’s just a book of poetry.”

 

“How many languages do you know?”

 

The Prince hums and takes a second to think about it. “Well, no including Korean, seven,” He admits. “I’m learning French right now.”

 

Jongin raises a brow. “Seven? That...is unexpected. You seem well educated.”

 

Sehun shrugs. “Thank you, I think,” He laughs. “I really love languages, so it’s easy for me.”

 

“Is it just languages you love?”

 

“I also love singing and dancing,” He says. “I guess those are sort of passions of mine,” Sehun looks over to Jongin. “What about you?”

 

“Me? I only speak three…”

 

“No,” Sehun shakes his head. “What are you passionate about?”

 

Jongin stares at him for a moment before looking forward, at some roses. He lets out a soft sigh. “Sword fighting, I suppose.”

 

“Ah, fighting?”

 

“No, just sword fighting,” His husband admits. “I consider it an art of sorts.”

 

Sehun perks up a bit and grins. “Art? I see,” He nods. “Do you enjoy poetry?”

 

“No. Every time someone reads them to me, I can not stand their voice.”

 

“Oh,” Sehun sighs, his shoulders slouching. 


 

Jongin glances at him, narrowing his eyes. He coughs and looks away again. “But I...suppose I could try again.”

 

Sehun looks at him and smiles. “Really?”

 

“...Just once,” The cold prince glares. “You read me one poem and if I dislike it, you will not speak of it ever again.”

 

The prince hums as he takes his book and raises a brow. “And what if you do like it? What then?”

 

His husband stares at him for a moment before speaking. “We...will make it a scheduled activity. You will read for me daily.”

 

“Daily?”

 

“One poem a day.”

 

Sehun thinks about it for a moment. This is a good chance to try and get closer to the man; perhaps open him up a bit, make him warm. “I think I could live with that.”

 

“Well,” Jongin sighs. “Read me one then. Choose carefully though, I am rather picky.”

 

“Hmm,” Sehun opens his books and furrows his brows as he flips through. He stops when he lands on a page and smiles. “Do you want me to recite it in Chinese?”

 

“No,” Jongin shakes his head. “Consider it a challenge to see how fluent in the language you are.”

 

“Very well,” Sehun clears his throat. “This one is called The Snow-tinted Prince…”

-----------------------

I'm sorry about no uploading! Our power(AND internet) had to be turned off here because of bad weather! I hope you guys enjoy :)