SUMMER - Part 2

Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks for coming with me to get some fresh air. I’ve been seeing a LOT of Rio in the last few days, I feel like my chest is about to explode!”, Ryosuke scuffed his hair in frustration before feeling a sympathetic pat on the shoulder by Daiki. He thought that he’ll have a peaceful weekend by the beach but having Rio around only means one thing: CHAOS. Ryosuke had been convincing himself that he needed to move on and forget about Rio but his two precious best friends are NOT HELPING. 

 

Ryosuke’s glare landed on Kei who is now admiring his reflection in a translucent glass window of a nearby restaurant, as if not caring about the younger one’s dilemma. “No thanks to this guy, my life just got messier!”, he said, his voice slightly louder to gain Kei’s attention. 

 

“Dude, it was Kim’s idea! She told me it’ll be fun to tease the both of you. Don’t you think it’s silly that even after two years, both of you never had a relationship? Doesn’t that prove that you’re still NOT over each other?”, Kei said in a 'matter of fact' tone. 

 

“Don’t you think the fact that Yama-chan is still wearing their promise ring is already proof that he’s NOT over her yet?”, Daiki teased which somehow the life out of Ryosuke. 

 

Not wanting to lose face, the younger boy tried his best to stay cool and vigorously shook his head. He did this while fanning himself with the collar of his shirt. “No no no. The reason why I came to this trip is to try and find a girl, and that plan didn’t change just because my ex-girlfriend is here”, he said with a dedicated tone, making his two companions roll their eyes. They can’t help but think how oblivious Ryosuke is when it comes to his own feelings. 

 

“If that's the case, let me give you tips on how to hunt for pretty girls”, Kei smirked and handed both Daiki and Ryosuke a pair of sunglasses before fixing his own sitting on the bridge of his nose. Both of them gave Kei a peculiar look, waiting for him to explain what the glasses are for, “These, my innocent friends, will help you stare at girls without them thinking you’re a ‘ert’. They can’t see you staring because of the dark tinted glass”, he explained and gained crazy yet slightly amused looks from the two boys listening in intently. 

 

“I got to say… Th-That’s… BRILLIANT!”, Daiki chuckled and soon gained a light smack from Ryosuke at the back of his head.

 

“Baka! That’s not the right reaction! Kei-chan is crazy, not to mention… a CREEP!”

 

“Don’t get me wrong, I will never look at other girls because I have Amu-chan. But for a single guy like you, the “sunglass trick” might actually help!”, Daiki defended himself then placed the pair of sunglasses on Ryosuke, “Now look around and find your target”, he continued and heard the younger boy give off a deep sigh.

 

“Not a chance!”

 

“Come on! With your looks and your biceps, I’m sure girls will swoon over you. You’ll forget about Rio-chan in no time!”, Kei tried to encourage the sulking boy but soon earned a very disturbed look from Daiki and Ryosuke. 

 

“Inoo-chan, there’s a difference between being a ‘supportive friend’ and being a ‘gay friend’”

 

“Tsk, just listen to Master and wear these sunglasses!”, Kei shoved the glasses on Ryosuke’s chest and prompted his friend to put them on. Ryosuke just felt his pout grew, thinking how silly his friends can be at times. 

 

“Wait till Kim-chan hears about this!”

 

 

“Hears about what?”, as if summoned, Kim came out of nowhere and surprised the three boys, making them jump by her sudden appearance. The girl then sat down next to Kei who soon waved his hands to divert the topic. “Nothing, nothing! We were just encouraging Ryo-chan to look for a new girlfri—, wait! Why aren’t you wearing the bathing suit I bought you?”, Kei felt betrayed after seeing his own girlfriend wearing a light tank top over her swimming outfit. 

 

“There’s no way I’m wearing that, you ert! It was waaaay too revealing”, Kim whacked her own boyfriend then turned her gaze towards the two innocent boys staring back at the KimKei couple. These two can definitely make any discussion more interesting. 

 

 

“By the way, where’s Amu and Rio?”

 

“We want to play some beach volley so Amu went to find someone who can inflate the volleyball we brought. Rio went with her since she wanted to delay seeing this lover boy, over here”, Kim pointed to Ryosuke using her lips, making young boy growl at her in response. They’ve always been like this, you see - they can be cat and dogs at times. “Just to warn you, Yama-chan… You’re going to drool at what Rio is wearing. I picked it out myself”, Kim proudly said, pertaining to the swim wear she and Amu picked and remembered herself advising the younger one to “eat Ryosuke’s heart out” (Kim’s actual words - typical advice for someone trying to impress their ex-boyfriend). 

 

“For your information, nee-chan, I’m a handsome bachelor in my prime and I’m here to look at OTHER girls”, Ryosuke attempted to look suave and tried the sunglasses Kei gave him. He turned his head to his left then slowly to his right with the aim of finding a beautiful young maiden that will suit his taste. However, a full two minutes had passed and he found himself unable to move after seeing Amu and Rio’s figure approaching their table. 

 

“Yeah right… you’re a ‘handsome bachelor’ whose eyes are only for one particular girl: Yamada Rio”, Kim sniggered in delight and earned two high-fives from Daiki and Kei. They couldn’t help but laugh at Ryosuke who is now dumbstruck after seeing Rio wearing a red two-piece bra that highlighted her feminine features. 

 

Amu and Rio finally reached their friends’ table and started to greet everyone. Well, Amu did all the talking while Rio fidgeted at her swimsuit which revealed too much of her skin. She’s not used to wearing these skin tight swimwear and if it wasn’t for Kim FORCING her to wear it, she wouldn’t have agreed. 

 

“This is so uncomfortable! I’m gonna kill Kim-chan for this”, Rio thought to herself and had forgotten why she was convinced to wear the said swimsuit in the first place.

 

On the other hand, Ryosuke was lucky that he was wearing sunglasses, or else, Rio would’ve noticed him STARING at her legs. Perhaps, Kei’s ‘sunglass trick’ does work! He felt his eyes twitching when he saw two guys staring at both Amu and Rio. Ryosuke elbowed Daiki and almost immediately, the older boy pulled Amu aside and away from the crowd. 

 

“Amu-chan… about your swimsuit…” Daiki started, he blushed after seeing Amu in a bikini top and boy-short bottoms which revealed his girlfriend’s flawless skin. It’s not as revealing as Rio’s but it still bothered him having boys staring like they’re about to devour her. 

 

“What’s wrong, Dai-chan? You don’t like it?”

 

“No no! I do… but…”, he paused for awhile but then leaned in closer and whispered in her ear, “There are some things that are only FOR ME to see. Maybe you can wear this tonight instead?”, Daiki winked that didn’t fail to make Amu’s face turn crimson red. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Ryosuke saw what Daiki did and fought the urge to pull Rio away from the guys looking at her. He had second thoughts confronting Rio about how annoyed he is. Unlike Daiki, Ryosuke is not someone who has the authority to stop Rio from doing anything… or in this case, wearing anything she wants. However, his patience was tested when he saw one guy coming towards Rio. Swiftly, Ryosuke grabbed Rio’s wrist and pulled her aside - slightly away from their friends but still within their peripheral view. 

 

“Wh-What are you doing?”, Rio cluelessly asked but soon, her eyes widened when Ryosuke suddenly took his shirt off, revealing his perfect pecks and abs. “W-W-WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STRIPPING?!”, Rio closed one of her eyes before feeling Ryosuke pulling her closer.

 

“Wear this…”, Ryosuke extended his arm and prompted Rio to put his t-shirt on top of her bikini swimsuit. 

 

“Eh?”

 

“Wear this or else, I’ll give you a hickey on your neck for everyone to see.”, Ryosuke smirked, as if sure of his victory, “… a hickey… just like old times”. As if knowing Rio’s ultimate weakness, the girl didn’t have much choice but to wear Ryosuke’s shirt over her two-piece bra and felt defeated on how he manipulated her. 

 

 

“Whisper all you want Yamada-san… we can still hear you!”, Kim and Kei said in perfect sync, making Rio bury her face on her palms - embarrassed. “Geez, kids these days…”

 

 

 

“I thought you went to find someone to inflate that beach volley?”, Kim asked the two girls who just joined their table. She took a big sip from her juice and slapped Kei’s face away from attempting to sip from the same straw. 

 

“We did find someone… he said he’ll being it over. I told him we’ll wait for him here”, Amu started and innocently described the man who offered to help her and Rio inflate their ball, “I think he’s the son of the our hotel’s owner. He’s so nice. He even offered to tour us around the area… Ishihara Ren-san, was it?”, she continued but earned a frown from Daiki and Ryosuke. 

 

“He seems nice. Too nice, in fact. I bet he’s a ert”, Kei uttered and the two boys nodded in sync. 

 

---

 

The bunch talked for a bit and enjoyed each other’s company while ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter