OMP 11

Oh My, Princess?!
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Sorry about earlier noona..." I looked up to yoshinori who scratched the back of his head. Before I could realize what's happening, yoshinori and I have been left alone at the dining area which is now why we're walking side by side as he leads the way to where the cars are parked.

"It's ok." I'm still not comfortable of talking with him.

"I'm sorry for this too. I know it's kind of still... fresh for you." I frowned cause he seemed to be sweet guy.

"I'm sorry." His eyes widened and he shook his head vigorously.

"No, don't be sorry! There's nothing to be sorry. I'd feel the same if I were you. I can only imagine your pain, so please take your time, you don't have to force yourself." I smiled a little, thankful for him and we continued to walk in silence.


"What happened?" I asked, breaking our silence. The museum only showed the details of the artifacts left but nothing about what happened or I just didn't see it. He was confused at first but then understood my question. He closed his eyes momentarily and took a deep breath. It's hard for him to relive it even though he was not born yet. I doubt his parents are too. He is having a hard time in telling me just as I'm having a hard time to take in the information but I want to know.

"It's something I'm not proud of. I never wish for anyone to experience such." He started and my heart clenched. Is it so bad?

"After what happened, the Japanese men were able to conquer Korea."

"They have forced the King to sign a treaty that gives them authority." I gasped

"My father did not die then? During the attack?" Yoshinori shook his head

"The Queen did though. And the prince was held captive and used as hostage to make the King agree with their terms." I had to stop from walking as my legs shook. Yoshinori helped me to a bench on the side as he looked at me with hesitation.

"Continue." I probed.

"It took some time for it to take effect as it will be a big change after all. It became effective on 1910 but the prince and King had been assassinated by then." Tears pooled my eyes

"And the people?" My voice cracked

"They took the women to be...." he faltered.

"To?" He gulped before answering

"They used the women to... be comfort women." I took a sharp intake

Please log in to read the full chapter