Two?

beauty and the bare minimum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: sorry if this chapter is a bit more focused on Mina. it’s just that since she starts off as the “lonely mystery girl” I couldn’t get a lot of witty dialogue. If you haven’t noticed, I’m trying to introduce each character in pairs (ex. 2yeon and Dubchaeng) that way it’s more interesting in future chapters.

~~

 

Mina sat at her desk, surprised that she wasn’t called out for tardiness. Like her everyday routine, she took out her journal and began writing. Normally, she would have paid full attention to the lesson right in front of her. Today, however, was different. She now has a chance to make her first friend since she transferred to South Korea.

 

In her old school in Japan, she was quite popular by association. She wasn't exactly “popular material” - she was a huge anime fan, plus she loved to play both pc and console - but the few friends she had were the talk of the school. Many people would be interested in Mina because of this, drawing them to her often overlooked beauty.

 

She definitely shouldn’t have peaked during middle school. Though she hadn’t changed since her social days, it seemed like no one was particularly interested in talking to Mina at her current school. Mina didn’t like initiating the conversation, so people would think that she was unapproachable. Not until today that is.

 

That glorious day, not one, not two, but three people spoke to her! Plus, one of them wanted to meet her during lunchtime! Throughout her teacher’s lectures, Mina wrote down what she would tell Tzuyu during their date- crap wait no. Friendly outing. She tried to recap as much as she could from this morning.

The note read:

 

I arrived at school 15 mins prior

I saw the girls with flyers

They explained they would be the seniors in charge of the school play.

They brought up the embarrassing reading I presented in my advanced English class.

The begging started 

 

The note continued as Mina filled pages with extra details and tidbits; just in case Tzuyu were curious. She decided to write the list in English. If she misplaced it, she doubted that her peers could read it. English literature was one of her many talents. In fact, literature in general is one of her strongest points. Those girls wanted her to audition, but acting was an art Mina hadn’t tried. Singing and dancing? Not a problem. But acting in front of an auditorium filled with people? She wasn’t sure. Who knows, maybe it would be fun.

 

Mina was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice the lunch bell go off. She waddled out the door, excited to meet with Tzuyu. Notebook at hand, she searched the halls wondering where she might be. Judging by the other girl’s appearance, she seemed like she was around Mina’s age. However, when she looked for Tzuyu in the other second year classes, she was nowhere to be seen.

 

Mina desperately searched the halls. Tzuyu didn’t joke about meeting up, did she? The penguin asked herself. Could she be mean enough to do that? TzuyuTzuyu didn’t look mean… or maybe she forgot? She was pretty enough to be popular. Maybe she decided to eat with someone else. I wouldn’t blame her, I’m quite plai-

 

Her train of thought was soon interrupted when she heard her name being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter