Scene 1-3

Yeri, Not a Maknae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri, Not Just a Maknae Anymore

 

SCENE 1

A sigh of relief comes over Yeri as she rolls over in bed noticing the time is only 8:15 in the morning. With the window down in her room, she feels the cool air of the spring across her arms. Wanting to stay in bed all day she lies to her side and tries to dream about what she wants most of. Her smile is all that crosses her mind whenever she wakes up. The softness in her eyes and the sweet lines on her face. It makes Yeri chuckle as she's under her covers as she imagines what she can do today to place a smile on her face.
 

Joy, who has already been awake the whole morning skips along through the hallway, she passes Yeri’s room and hears Yeri sounding like she's suppressing her laugh. Joy thinking to herself what mischief Yeri could be up to. As she is continuedly chuckling in her bed Yeri is alerted by a “Wakey wakey, *knock*knock*knock*” on her door. It was Joy who has the pleasure of waking up the Maknae today. Quickly Yeri pushes the sheets and blankets to her right then starts up. Stretching her arms in the air as far as they will go from the angelic sleep, she had last night. As she walks over brisk fully to the window, she thinks unconsciously to herself that today... is the day. The breeze from outside coming to a halt as she shuts the window. Leaving her room, she quickly walks to the restroom in the hallway. Whoo, as she thinks to herself as the bathroom is empty right now. She turns the light on to her right. Her eyes still adjusting to the bright light of the bathroom. She covers up her eyes with her hands, as the light begins to settle, she sees her reflection in the mirror. Her mind rushes with thoughts of insecurities about herself. Thinking about how others see her. Her eyes pouting and slanted downwards only criticizing herself for acting childish for so long. Though quietly under her breathe she says to herself “Today is the day”. Sharply afterward, her back arches up and she looks herself directly into the mirror and locks in eye contact with herself. In the air is a newly found sense of self-assured confidence. A deep breath of hers breaks intense eye contact.   Her body slowly slouching over and she begins to splash the cool water across herself. 

  After primping herself up for the day, she puts her hair into a tight ponytail and reaches to grab her brush to make it look flawless. Wishing to achieve the youthful but more mature look, Yeri faults herself for only coming off as a little kid. Her eyes looking down to the floor as the straightens her ponytail with her brush. Still, her eyes somber-looking downwards, she gets an urge of confidence as she realizes her larger than usual s, now she sees what she has, that she is a woman. She thinks to herself while cupping her s in her cold hands, “I am a   woman, I need to make her see this”. As Yeri thought as she is anticipated the many days ahead of her. With Yeri feeling as confident as ever, she slips out of the bathroom hoping to have a private chat with Joy in the living room before Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy wake up. Before stopping in the living room, she quickly enters her room and puts places her glasses on before continuing into the living room.

SCENE 2

 Adjusting her glasses, she walks briskly fully into the living room. The atmosphere nice and calm until suddenly... Her heart stops. Her eyes wide open and her feet stopped in place. Her heartbeat is slowly becoming erratic. She can't move or even conjure words to say. Imagining it was only   Joy who was awake, she was very shocked to find out that Wendy, Irene, and Seulgi are already in the living room enjoying coffee and tea and watching their favorite drama What's Wrong with Secretary Kim on the large Samsung Tv. Irene entrenched on her phone hasn’t noticed that Yeri has entered the room. Joy glances to the left and catches Yeri’s eye as she notices she isn't moving at all. Joy, trying to make a joke says “Our Maknae sure is special, even in the morning we have no idea what's going through her head”.

 

 Seulgi laughs and quickly waves over to Yeri and says “Looks who's finally awake, you look cute”. With everything happening, Yeri doesn’t notice anything.  The words simply going to the back of her mind. Only a couple seconds have gone by since Yeri entered the room but for Yeri, it has been minutes upon minutes. Gathering e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter