Picture of You

Collection of Short Stories

First of all, please listen to this song while reading it because this music that lead to the existence of this story. LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x85dMv-fmTU&feature=youtu.be

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You are standing near the shore while admiring the sun setting so beautifully and the view of the waves crashed against the pretty sandy shores before ebbing away; the feels are too serene and peaceful for you and you hope that your father decided not to move out from this place; hopefully.

Among all the places you've move in so far, this place seems to be your favorite one. Your house is close to the sea, the feels of the wind touch your skin and the enjoyable silent nights when you stargazing at your rooftop.

Then, there's your one and only close neighbour, a family of three; the parent and the beautiful daughter. The girl that seems to be weird at first but when you get to know her more, she's actually a wise person despite both of you are in the same age.

That beautiful black and smooth wavy hair that framed her round-shaped face. Her eyes were dark brown almond-shaped and her cheeks gave off a rosy glow whenever the sun shine upon her. You could never forget how she acted in front of you when you first met her and especially every evening when she was at the shore, seems to be collecting seashells but then there's one particular evening when you're about to go to the university for the last semester;

Clad in simple light blue knee-length dress, paired with his father's straw hat and a white sandal, she looked so pretty as the sun hit her porcelain skin and the breeze caressed her hairs; a breathtaking view for you to look away and afraid once you blink, the view will be gone, thus you captured the moment in your mind for you to draw and give it to her in the next final semester break.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After six months has passed, you finally come back home with the scroll of degree in your hand but you're quite surprised to see all the stuffs has been packed and ready to move out even the furniture are not sighted in the house.

You don't even why your father want to move out from this beautiful place and thought they already settle down with all this moving-out-stuffs but you guess that you already feel comfortable and forgot that your family have be nomad and momentarily forgot to visit the family even during mid-semester break. Your father also didn't want to contact you because he afraid to disrupt your time of studying since it's your last semester.

With only three hectic days left and you decided to finalize that particular view of the girl and the sunset. Thus, you go to the room and prepared all the art stuff and start drawing the last part. Despite not touching the art stuffs for six months and only sketch the drawing when you still at the university but the scene still fresh and distinct in your mind.

While facing the sun-setting shore, you start painting the silhouette of the girl while imagine the vivid moment again in your mind and it took quite long because you want it to be perfect as a gift for her before you move out from there.

The day before you're moving out as all the packed stuffs has been moved to the new house and you decided to visit your neighbour and the parent welcome you but this time it seems different. The usual vibrant smile has changed to the sad and forced smiles but you just shrug it off and sit at the living room with the wrapped gift in your hand; prepared to be given to the girl before going out from the place.

While the mother place the mug of hot tea on the table, you ask for the girl and suddenly the long pause from the father and quiet sobbing from the mother makes you feel weird and before you could ask, the father said that the girl had passed away because the heart surgery had failed. You didn't even know that the girl actually has a heart disease because she seems to be so bright and happy whenever you hang out with her almost everyday.

The quiet sobbing had turn into loud wailing as you try to comprehend the sudden news that evade your mind.

The beautiful girl is dead.

The weird girl that you had fall in love with has passed away.

The wise girl that you didn't even get to confess has leave this world.

The beloved girl that has leaving you alone with the fragment of memory of hers in your mind.

You don't even know what to say and kind of mad at yourself for being too late and to your parent for keeping this news hidden from you. They knew you like her and didn't even tell you about it but probably know the reason to keep the news hidden from you.

The mother has given you a piece of brown letter with your name on it. It was beautifully written in cursive letters. So, you decide to give it to the family the wrapped drawing and ask them to cherish it, be happy and don't feel sad or else she won't be in peace.

At night after dinner, you go to room and take a look at the mostly empty space that used to be your room. You will miss this room dearly because it held lots of memories between you and her before you entered your last semester. The playful moments and the happy moments that both of you shared for a while, you starting to shed tears but you quickly wipe it before you got carried away.

You sit on the futon and take out the brown letter behind your pocket. You tear the top off and pull out a small piece of paper and a self-made coral bracelet; it's so fine and creative looking bracelet. By the time you read that small piece of paper, you don't even realize that your tears pouring hard and you even have to muffle your crying noises to make sure your parent didn't wake up by the sounds. The pain in your heart is just unbearable that you even run out from your house to the shore and shout it out loud.

The simple writing of 'Thank you for the short moment that I had with you. I love you, Y/N' in that small paper makes you stunned and speechless. You don't even know what to do as you move out from this place and you actually don't even want to forget her but after you calm down, you decided to let the paper go along with the night, cool breeze and your feelings toward her. Despite trying to move on from now on, she'll always be in a special place in your heart.

The next day, the day you finally going to next city, you visit the parent for one last time and hug them for a long time. They thanked you for the gift and they'll never forget you as you try to keep in touch with them.

By the time you enter the car, with the glimpse of the picture of her hanging at the wall opposite of the entrance, you wave with the bracelet in sight,

'Goodbye, my beautiful girl.'