The 100th Win

Moments With You - Tiny Winner Stories

 

 

- The 100th Win -

2Seung

 

 

 

If he could win this one then it would make his 100th win.

Not that he was counting to brag about it, but to remind himself that he indeed was good enough. Playing professionally would usually indicate just that, but even now after he had made his career out of playing pool he still occasionally struggled with self doubt. 

His turn was over and stepping away from the table he spotted a smart looking man by one of the tables close by. He was sipping on a drink, watching the game with narrow eyes as if he was judging both him and his opponent harshly.

How long had he been watching? Seungyoon asked himself. He couldn’t quite put a finger on it, but something about how this man watched them play made the hairs on his neck rise in pure defensiveness. 

 

Now it was his turn again, he already had a plan for how he would go about making his move, but knowing he was being watched somehow threw him off his game. Trying to steady his grip as his hand was suddenly shaking alarmingly he swallowed hard. 

    "A hundred games" he mumbled under his breath. A hundred games, all having been watched by many, but never before had anyone in the audience caught his eye, yet alone affected how he played in any way.

Making his move he watched the small white ball hit it’s target, sending it towards the hole in an almost straight line. 

Only for it to miss by a hairs-width sending it back out onto the table. 

 

Straightening up in disbelief his eyes went right where they shouldn’t. The man met his eyes right away, arching an eyebrow at him while smiling in a way he could only describe as mockingly. 

 

Averting any prolonged eye contact he switched his focus back to his competitor. He didn’t miss during his turn and so for the first time in months was Seungyoon at an disadvantage. 

Fighting hard to not let on with his body language exactly how disappointed he was with himself he straightened up, pulled slightly at the hem of his suit vest and tried to calm himself to the best of his abilities. 

The next round he wouldn't miss he thought and he didn't.  

 

Stepping back away from the table he sighed. He was only behind with so much, he could still win this.

 

    "Shame how you missed that one by just a fraction eh" he heard from behind him. 

Looking directly ahead he noticed that the table with the man from before stood abandoned, which could only mean that the person behind him was.. 

    "I’m sure you can win this though. Right?" 

Turning he found the stranger standing uncomfortably close. Peering into his eyes with a playful twinkle to them. Seungyoon swallowed hard, fighting to keep his composure as he refused to break eye contact.  

    "I’ve yet to lose a match so yeah. I’ll be fine" he replied, attempting to mentally preparing himself for his next turn despite this sudden distraction. 

    "If you do lose though.." the man winked at him and smiled devilishly before turning his back on him walking towards the bar. 

Shaking his head as his only reply he turned his focus back to the game. Parts of him wanted to end this so he could get out of the situation all together, yet the other part of him wanted him to finish the game so he could figure out what exactly it was that this man wanted from him. 

 

 

Unable to regain his focus for the rest of the game was it in the end so that he had lost. He had felt it coming as soon as he had made the first mistake, simply because he never made mistakes and he never lost. Up until today.

    "So in the end you lost" the stranger said while walking up to him with one drink in each of his hands. Usually he wouldn’t have accepted it, he was a poor drinker and didn’t particularly enjoy being drunk either. Tonight he decided to make an exception however. 

    "Can’t win them all" he mumbled taking a big sip out of his drink. It weren’t so bad, but he felt the sting of the alcohol right away and knew he would be affected quickly and so he had no time to loose getting his answers. 

    "You make a habit of watching people play in bars?" he asked casually, pretending to shift his focus to the new group of people taking their place around the pool table. 

    "Not really, no" the stranger replied already emptying his glass. He placed it on an empty table beside them before taking a couple of steps closer so that Seungyoon could smell the scent of alcohol from his breath along with the ticklish heat that hit the side of his neck as the man spoke. 

    "I’m Lee Seunghoon by the way" the man said holding out a hand casually although they were standing too close for them to shake hands properly. Grabbing it lightly he introduced himself, still refusing to meet Seunghoon’s intense glance. 

They stood there in silence for a while, the crowd forcing them backwards towards the wall as they watched the new round of pool being played before them. 

    "He keeps messing up" he noted as one of the players even missed the white ball. 

    "So did you" Seunghoon noted teasingly. 

Turning towards Seunghoon he arched an eyebrow at him feeling slightly offended. 

    "It’s the first match I’ve lost in a long time. It would have been my 100th win" he replied defensively, but feeling kinda stupid as the last couple of words escaped his mouth. 

 

The alcohol was already getting to him and he wanted to end this exchange between them before he ended up getting even more ridiculed. 

    "Then why did you mess up this time?" Seunghoon asked, leaning casually onto his shoulder peering up at him with an amused look on his face. 

Seungyoon knew that Seunghoon knew now. That he was the reason. A sense of embarrassment pressed in his chest, making his urge to flee grow considerably. 

 

Usually this would have been when he would have excused himself and removed himself for the situation. Anger and attraction kept him in place however and feeling an urge to be as bold as Seunghoon he told him: 

    "I think you know why, now what are you going to do about it?" Feeling suddenly very hot around the ears as what he had just said began to sink in. This was way out of his comfort zone even for his slightly drunken state of mind. 

    "Ooou" Seunghoon said in a low voice, turning from leaning on Seungyoon's shoulder to suddenly having him trapped between his arms against the wall. "What am I going to do about it? You want me to do something?" Seunghoon asked, biting his own bottom lip slightly while piercing him with dark eyes glinting with amusement. 

 

It was obvious to him that Seunghoon was enjoying this exchange between them way more than he was, but he was still way too intrigued and ever so slightly to break away just yet. 

Deciding not to reply to Seunghoon’s taunting question he only smiled innocently without braking eye contact. 

 

    "There is a lot I could do, but how about we start with this" Seunghoon continued before leaning down slightly so that he was saying the last couple of words directly into his ear. Shivers flew up his spine as he felt the hot breath against his neck yet again. 

Then he felt warm lips against his jaw, on his check, moving slowly until they met his lips. A gentle nibble to his bottom lip urged him to open his mouth and then there was no going back. 

 

Trapped between Seunghoon and a brick wall in some random bar late one night in the middle of the city he found himself more confused than ever to how he’d gotten himself into this situation. But the truth was that he was enjoying himself immensely and so he could only hope that this was only the beginning of many future encounters between them. 

 

 

 

 


The inspiration for this came after a twitter convo with Hipsterian over a video of a certain someone looking way too handsome playing pool. I hope you enjoyed reading it ^-^ <3