Matching

Moments With You - Tiny Winner Stories

    

Matching

 

 

 

    "You are serious?" 

Seungyoon looked from the outfit to Seunghoon and then back to the clothes spread out on the hotel bed. Regret was creeping up on him fast as he inspected the outfits closer.

    "It’s what friends do in Japan when they go out" Seunghoon said looking way too pleased with himself. 

    "But it’s overalls" Seungyoon groaned and picked up the bright green overall. "We will look like a mix of prison inmates and gardeners"

    "Mario and Luigi almost" Seunghoon teased and winked at him. 

 

Fifteen minutes later they were out in the streets of Osaka sporting their matching overalls. Seunghoon planted a peck of a kiss on his check before twirling towards the car waiting for them. It was the best mood Seungyoon had seen him in for a long while so he was feeling lighter at heart, but even so, those overalls had to go. 

    "Lunch first then?" Seunghoon asked and gave the driver directions before he could reply. 

They drove through the afternoon rush slowly so he let himself sink down into the soft leather seat of the car to do some people watching. Seunghoon was looking at his phone announcing different locations they could visit every other minute, but to him anywhere was fine. He was just happy to be out and about doing something different than the usual.

Suddenly the car stopped and Seunghoon jumped out. They had pulled up on a side street with tiny cafes and a few ramen shops. They passed a corner with a seven eleven and then another corner revealing a small line of people waiting to be seated. 

 

    "A pancake shop?" he mused and looked at the sign. The design of the place was simple, but apparently popular judging by the sign announcing they only got a certain amount of special pancakes to serve every hour.

    "I spotted it when we were driving to the venue yesterday. Thought you’d like it" Seunghoon smiled at him and he thought the air around them seemed to almost vibrate with heat and excitement. 

The line moved quickly enough and no one seemed to have recognized them so when they arrived at their table they were both still in good spirits. They were lucky enough to be the last guests of the hour to get to order the special pancakes. His vanilla latte arrived along with Seunghoon’s americano before the pancakes. 

    "Enjoy, I won’t tell anyone you went back to your old habit" Seunghoon teased eyeing his coffee. He could feel Seunghoon’s leg brush against his ankle, but choose to ignore it and took a big sip of his coffee instead. 

The last couple of months was just a blur to him, there had been bad news upon bad news, scandal after scandal regarding their company and yet they had been working harder than ever. The slight chance that it was all for nothing really worried him, but he wasn’t one to give up, on the contrary he felt like he had to work even harder. 

    "What are you thinking about?" Seunghoon asked just as their pancakes arrived. 

    "Work" he admitted, while giving his puffy pancake a poke with his fork. 

    "Please don’t" Seunghoon said. He looked up from his pancake expecting Seunghoon to look annoyed, but he only looked sad. Determined not to ruin their break together he forced himself to smile before promising that he wouldn’t  think about work anymore for now. 

They were half way through their pancakes when Mino texted him:

    "What are you doing?" 

    "Eating" 

    "Without me?" 

    "With Seunghoon" 

    "Bring me some"

    "No can do, last dish of the hour" 

    "Grr, ok. I’ll go get better food then"

    "Enjoy" 

    "Grr"

They both laughed at Mino, imagining him sulking over getting left behind before switching topic to the rest of their free afternoon. Seunghoon mentioned a well known pet supply shop they definitely wanted to check out, which lead their conversation over to their dogs, which lead to them messaging with their respective dogsitters. 

    "Both doing well then" Seunghoon concluded, putting away his phone. He then thanked the waiter who had just arrived with their recipe and they headed out. 

A warm breeze caressed their skin as they stepped out making getting into their car seem a lot less appealing. 

    "How about we walk a few blocks?" he suggested, looking over at Seunghoon who also was standing still, enjoying the breeze. Seunghoon tilted his head to the side and reached out his hand towards him. 

He grabbed it without thinking, only to wonder seconds later if it had only been a gesture to show that he agreed to his suggestion. Not an actual invitation to hold Seunghoon's hand.

Neither let go however, and so they walked hand in hand, still in their matching overalls down the warm streets of Osaka on the hunt for pet supplies and more iced coffee.   

 

 

They just passed a cobbled road leading to a shrine and a couple of wending machines when Seunghoon suddenly stopped walking. He didn’t have time to react before he was pulled into an even narrower side road. Seunghoon’s tight grip on his hand, pulling him along somehow made his heart race. 

They playfully jumped over a couple of potted plants positioned just so that they got a few rays of sunshine from the gap between the buildings, before taking another turn entering a small garden square with a huge tree in the middle. 

    "We really shouldn’t" was all he managed to say, before Seunghoon put his index finger to his lips hushing him. Annoyed he opened his mouth to argue, but before he could get a word out he felt Seunghoon’s lips against his. 

Stunned at Seunghoon’s sudden action he stood frozen in place, unsure what the correct action would be. It was nice, but it was also shaking his world so violently he didn’t know what to do with himself. 

 

And then it was over. Seunghoon pulled away, but he didn’t want it to be over so without breaking eye contact he leaned in, kissing Seunghoon back. His heart was racing so fast while doing this he felt dizzy.

Closing his eyes he grabbed Seunghoon’s hand to steady himself more than anything else, but their fingers intertwined and made him feel that they were even closer in more than one way. 

    "I take it you feel the same way" Seunghoon said with relief in his voice although he was obviously teasing him. He honestly didn’t know what he felt, thousands up on thousands of worries had erupted in his mind the moment their lips had met. This, them, these feelings would complicate things and possibly risk everything they had worked so hard for. 

    "It doesn’t have to change anything if you dont want it to" Seunghoon continued as if he could read his mind. 

    "But it does" he replied. They had stepped away from each other without releasing the other’s hand. 

    "We will figure it out" Seunghoon said with a reassuring assertiveness that made him feel a bit calmer. 

He squeezed Seunghoon’s hand in his and turned away. He needed time to think about all of this. He asked where they were and weren’t surprised to hear that Seunghoon knew exactly where they were and how to get to the pet shop they originally had set out to visit. 

 

Only a few streets away from the secluded garden park they had shared such a special moment together in minutes before they found a shopping street buzzing with people. 

They picked up several items for their dogs and a few items for the other two Winner members cats as well. The last thing they bought was new leashes for their dogs in matching color to their overalls. Because they both had a feeling this wasn’t the last time the two of them were out and about together.

 

 


Hum hum with the Japan tour going on I just really wanted to write something set in Japan. The only time I saw them live was in Osaka so thats where it had to be. That city will always have a special place in my heart. So what did you think of the story? 2Seung is so fun don't you agree?