Preface

Flirting with Friendship

Annyeonghaseyo!

This is a story about an innocent girl, struggling to confess her feelings to her "special someone". Things are even more complicated due to that "special someone" being her best friend- who doesn't seem to feel the same way. With their friendship on the line, will true love blossom?

By reading this story, hopefully it'll feel like you're going on an emotional rollercoaster as we follow IZ*ONE and their twisted paths to find love. 

Although this is labelled as an Annyeongz fanfiction, that doesn't dictate how the story is played out!

I intend to make this fanfiction as realistic as possible (although sometimes, that can't happen :p). Therefore, I have done a small amount of research in Korean culture, language and the members' hobbies and interests. However! I will inevitably make some mistakes and oversimplifications- Feel free to message me on how to improve!!!

Furthermore, in order to "streamline" the fanfiction and allow it to proceed smoothly, I will have to break the laws of reality and enable the characters the ability to perhaps drive and act a certain way despite their current ages- This will give me a wide plethora of ideas which I can dive into and write for you.

I first got into IZ*ONE after watching Produce 48 and have been following them ever since that moment; noting how they interacted with each other and the different, complex relationships that formed between them.

I decided to write this story, not only because I love IZ*ONE, but because I was inspired by another fanfiction. I actually found this fanfiction by accident, and it was an extremely happy and joy-filled accident. Whilst I was reading this fanfiction, I was truly captivated by the brilliant writing and the incredibly ideas and storyline. It was able to express the character's feelings extremely well and it plays with your emotions. Throughout the fanfiction, my heart would actually begin to stutter and sting at the same time; and I would need to gasp for air. From the moment I read the foreword, my heart started pounding and I was immediately drawn in (I recommend you read it!). I've enjoyed everything I've read so far and I am sad that I have only 3 chapters left :(. This fanfiction is called "I don't wanna love you" by @SkylerLiu. 

https://www.wattpad.com/user/SkylerLiu

https://www.wattpad.com/641807546-i-don%27t-wanna-love-you-foreword

Thank you for writing this story :)

I can only hope that I will be able to replicate their work and attempt to make you smile, laugh and cause your heart to stutter and sting, just as "I don't wanna love you" did to me.

I hope you enjoy reading!

Kamsahamnida!