1. Hwang Miyoung

Across The Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clouds stacked higher and higher up in the sky above the green fields of Rosegarden. A storm was coming, one of those rare summer storms that would rage down at the midlands and bring nothing but a mild breeze to the Hwang Estate.

Hwang Miyoung, the youngest child of Master Hwang, the noble family that ruled over the province, wasn’t fond of summer storms. Stories were told that she was born in one, but she never felt spiritually connected to it. Hwang Miyoung enjoyed lightning the lanterns up above in the sky, watching the summer festivals accompanied by her friends and riding horses on the plain fields alongside her loyal servant, Jeon Gohan. And all those things were only possible if summer wouldn’t bring up storms with it.

Two knocks on the door was the signal that her handmaiden was calling for her, but Miyoung did not bother to answer. Her gaze absently followed the rain drops falling on the yard of her residence and a sigh of displeasure was inevitable.

“Lady Miyoung?” A familiar voice asked, firm and composed. “It’s time for your…“

“Literature class.” Miyoung answered, coldly, opening the door sideways, letting her servant come inside.

“Milady is not ready yet?” The handmaiden asked, bulging her eyes upon noticing Miyoung wasn’t properly dressed to her class.

“Don’t feel like it.” She spoke with profound disinterest. Literature Classes weren’t Miyoung’s favorite subject. “And the weather makes me feel lazy…” she added up, but it did not stop her maiden to pick a turquoise hanbok out of her wardrobe and help her lady dress up as quickly as possible.

“Master Choi is at library already. It is not proper to have your Literature Maester on the wait, milady.”

“I am his master in a way, am I not?” Miyoung asked, lifting up her head, her gaze now set on her own image in the mirror.

She was the noble daughter of the Master of the province. And if scholars of the whole province worked for her Lord Father, that also meant they were supposed to work for her too. Lady Miyoung was young, but she was the Lady of Rosegarden in the end. And she was not the one supposed to wait for any tutor on her own. It was rather the opposite.

“Well, I guess so…” Her maiden adjusted the waistline of Miyoung’s hanbok.

“So that means he’s the one who should be waiting for me, not the opposite.”

“Master Hwang would not like to hear those words from you, Milady.”

“That’s why I allow myself to say those words only in your presence, Juhyun.”

“And in the presence of Jeon Gohan?” Miyoung didn’t answer, only a faint smile on the corner of her lips showed up.

“He is a loyal servant of our family. I know he won’t seek Father to tell him the words I’m used to say.” She said confidently.

“Master Hwang does not approve your interactions with him. ”

Miyoung did not like that. “Why?”

“Milady has already reached her first moon. It is just a matter of time before Master Hwang finds a suitable husband. Lady Miyoung shall not be seen by the company of servant boys when that time comes.”

“Gohan and his family is loyal to us. He wouldn’t dare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter