Beautiful Nightmare Pt. 2

The Girl In The Painting

     Eunbi laid on the sofa thinking about what she just did to Nako. She felt really guilty for lashing out on her like that. She thought of what Nako's mom said before.
 

 

     Eunbi saw how Ms. Yabuki suddenly held on to the table so she helped Ms. Yabuki take a seat on the sofa.

     "Thank you.", the woman said.

      "Are you alright? I'll go get you some water.", Eunbi quickly said before turning but Ms. Yabuki held on to her wrist to stop her.

     "Oh no. No, it's fine. I'll be quick.", Ms. Yabuki said so Eunbi just sat on the other sofa.

     "The job, Ma'am. Thank you. I badly needed it too.", Eunbi said before looking down.

     "Your mom was a very close friend of my mine, so I'd like to help in any way I can. I need your help too so it's perfect. I'm sorry for adding to your schedule.", Ms. Yabuki said as she held Eunbi's hand and smiled sadly at the girl.

     "No. It's perfect, she studies, doesn't she? So it's perfect because it doesn't clash with my other work.", Eunbi said and smiled.

     "I'd like to warn you though. I'm afraid my daughter hates it when things don't go her way so most probably she'd try everything to make you leave. I don't even know why she doesn't want someone to take of her.", Ms. Yabuki chuckled after saying it.

     "If she goes way too far, don't hesitate to scold her.", Ms. Yabuki continued.

    "Oh. Okay, Ma'am.", Eunbi told the woman.

     "I have a favor to ask. Please take care of her. I mean, if ever the time comes, I don't want her to feel like she's alone. She doesn't have anyone else, so if ever I'm not around, I'd like for her to feel like there's someone still there for her other than her dad. Could you please treat each other like how a family would?", Ms. Yabuki said with a sad smile on her face as she looked at Eunbi.

     "Don't worry, I will.", Eunbi assured her.

 

 

     Now, Eunbi doesn't even know if she's doing it right. Nako's mother did say that she should scold Nako but she felt like perhaps what she just did was too much. She suddenly heard Nako finally walking out from Eunbi's room. She pretended to be asleep when she noticed her footsteps getting closer.

     "Aishhh. Such an old woman already but you still fell asleep on the sofa like I can actually carry you to your room.", she heard Nako say and then sigh as she finally left. Okay, Eunbi was a bit offended by what the younger girl just said. Eunbi then heard Nako coming back.

     Eunbi felt a blanket being placed on top of her.

     "I'm sorry, I just really need to do it.", Nako then said to her softly before completely leaving.

    Do it? Eunbi wondered what she meant by that.


 

Meanwhile Mr. Yabuki:

     "How's your daughter?", the lady behind the counter ask as she gave Mr. Yabuki what he bought.

     "Still a baby in terms of height but she's growing up way too fast. She's becoming more mature everyday.", Mr. Yabuki said before chuckling and fishing out his wallet from his pocket, he took the small plastic and put it in his bag.

     "I'm sorry for asking again but do you really not have a less expensive one of this?", a girl stood stood beside Mr. Yabuki and asked while showing the lady a small paper.

     Mr. Yabuki instantly recognized the girl. She's one of Nako's friends. The girl is petite but is taller than Nako. But isn't every of Nako's friends taller than Nako? Mr. Yabuki wondered but can't seem to remember her name.

     Mr. Yabuki noticed how she avoided his eyes so he kept quiet and no longer asked her. The lady behind the counter looked around the place with a variety of small boxes but came back with nothing in her hands.

     "I'm sorry, dear. There really is nothing here.", the lady looked at the girl sympathetically. The girl looked down and checked in her wallet. She looked up and just gave the lady a sad smile. She quickly took the paper but Mr. Yabuki was still able to catch a glimpse of what was written on the paper. He knew exactly what it was so his eyes went wide.

     The girl bowed down to both Mr. Yabuki and the lady and quickly left, clearly disheartened.




 

In The Present:

     While Nako and Hitomi were dancing to Twice's Heart Shaker, Chaewon was still thinking about how Hitomi talked to Nako. She just discreetly observed their interaction. She doesn't know if it's just shock that she is currently feeling because Hitomi is starting to speak now or if it is fear that she might tell everyone about what happened in the past.





 

A/n: I completely forgot to add this in the last chapter. There were a lot of crucial hints in these parts.