[FIN]

You Caught My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nimble fingers fiddled with an earring as Irene looked out from the windows of her high rise. It was a beautiful sunny day, with puffy white clouds floating serenely across a sky as blue as a robin’s egg. Upbeat music poured softly from speakers as idle eyes scanned lazily across the New York skyline.

 

The screen of the phone that rested on the windowsill suddenly flashed to life with a single text, causing Irene to glance down quickly.

 

Wendy: i’ll be there in 1 min, love you <33

 

A small, almost goofy smile spread across Irene’s face when she saw the cheesy text. It was a week since she last her girlfriend, due to a business trip on her part, and saving the world on Wendy’s part.

 

Wendy wasn’t just a normal girl who lived a normal life. Sure, she had a job as the lead scientist that developed technology for Stark Industries, (if that was even considered a “normal job”), but that wasn’t her main occupation. Wendy was a vigilante, if you will. One that shot through the sky at breakneck speeds, performing acrobatics and dangerous stunts in midair that were all propelled by the webs that stemmed from her wrists.

 

Irene had first heard about this masked vigilante through public media, where headlines and pictures of the mysterious hero was plastered across every tabloid, every article, and every magazine. She had dismissed it as some sort of hoax at first, because who had ever heard of a vigilante like that? Super strength, flight, and super speed were fathomable, but a person who had the powers of a spider was absolutely ridiculous. That’s what she chose to believe until the vigilante herself saved her from a break in one quiet night. Ever since that evening, Irene had made it her personal agenda to discover the true identity of this vigilante after she had disappeared without a trace. After all, being a detective had its perks.

 

After months of searching and scrutinizing over every piece of data, Irene had narrowed the candidates to one individual: Wendy Son, who happened to be the sweetest, prettiest, most thoughtful girl she had ever laid eyes on, as well as the worst liar she’d ever seen. After Irene’s sudden confrontation, fate had taken the situation into its own hands. Their first interaction turned into a smattering of dates, which had then blossomed into a three year relationship that overflowed with love.

 

Irene’s smile grew wider at the fond memories, before she swiped right at the text to send her own reply.

 

Irene: I’ll be waiting down at the lobby for you <3 love u too :)

 

She turned off the device and turned away to shut off the speakers, before a blur of red and blue flashed in the corner of her eye. Irene whirled around, frowning in confusion as she swiveled her head side to side to scan the skyline. There was no way. Wendy couldn’t be in her suit right before a date. But what other explanation would there be? What else would be red and blue and moving at such speeds at the fifteenth floor? What else -

 

Irene’s thoughts were rudely cut off as a figure clad in red and blue dropped down upside down, right in front of her window. Her eyes flew open in fear, as she stumbled backwards onto the floor with a yelp. Her heart pounded, limbs frozen in shock before she realized the figure that was hanging so strangely outside her window was none other than her girlfriend, Wendy.

 

A multitude of emotions flooded through Irene. First, it was confusion at this strange arrival, then happiness at finally seeing Wendy, then anger at receiving such a shock.

 

Wendy’s masked face betrayed no emotions, but she was laughing without a doubt. She gave a lightly tapped on Irene’s window, signalling her to let her in.

 

Irene debated angrily between letting Wendy hang out there for a few minutes, or letting her in and giving a piece of her mind. She decided on the latter as she stood up and flung the window open forcefully.

 

“Wendy Son, what the hell do you think you’re doing, dropping down from the fuc-” Irene’s words were cut off just as abruptly as her thoughts as Wendy ripped off her mask and pulled her into a kiss that seemed to melt her inside.

 

Irene’s anger dissipated as her mind zoned in on the softness and fullness of Wendy’s lips, the sweet aroma of her vanilla shampoo, and the gentle hand that cupped the side of her face.

 

After a period of time that felt way too short, Wendy pulled away to gracefully slide into Irene’s window. Irene was speechless, both from the kiss and the way her anger just disappeared as a result of Wendy’s antics. She watched mesmerized as Wendy smoothed out her hair, the sun casting a warm glow on her smooth skin.

 

“You’re glad to see me, aren't you?” Wendy asked with a smug smirk on her face as she caught Irene’s stare.

 

“I was, until you decided to scare me half out of my wits when you dropped down from the roof.” Irene replied with a pout and a poor attempt at faked anger.

 

Wendy grinned. “The way you kissed me back sure showed how excited you were to see me.” She moved forward to teasingly nudge Irene’s shoulder, her amplified strength almost causing Irene to stumble.

 

“You wish.” Irene nudged her back with more force, but there was nearly no effect on Wendy. “Why are you in your suit anyways? I thought we were going to catch dinner.”

 

“We are going to catch dinner. Just in the way I usually travel.” Wendy replied, a playful glint evident in her eyes.

Irene’s eyes widened in horror, as she realized what Wendy was hinting at. “No, no, no, this better not be what I think yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter