The End

Buried In the Sky

Seokjin looks out the window watching the many cars zoom by. He could hear the soft pitter patter of the rain. He could also hear Taehyung's soft breathing. He looks away from the window and at his lap where Taehyung's head was resting.

 

He runs his hand through Taehyung's brown hair. Soft, light, like it always has been beneath his fingers. His fingers weren't the only one to feel this though. He isn't the only lap Taehyung's head rested on. 

 

Seokjin moved his hand liked it burned. He hated that whenever with Taehyung, his mind would whisper to him that Taehyung did this too with Jungkook. It shouldn't bother him. Taehyung's exes never bothered him. But Jungkook does. 

 

Seokjin carefully moved Taehyung's head onto a pillow. He grabbed the keys and left. He soon found himself at the beach. The rain had stopped. He sat in his car watching the roaring waves. This was the beach Taehyung had proposed to him. 

 

He got back with Taehyung. Taehyung loves him. Jungkook isn't in the picture anymore. Why isn't he content? He rests his head on the steering wheel. Who is he kidding? He knows exactly why he's not content. 

 

"He cheated on me," Seokjin breathes out. He stumbles out of his car and runs to the waves stopping right when the water touches the tip of his shoes. "He cheated on me!" He yelled to the waves. "And I can't forget it. Every moment with him. . ." Seokjin stumbled back from the waves. "Will never be the same.” He slumped as the words quietly slipped out. 

 

~~~

 

Taehyung wraps his arm around Seokjin's waist. Wait. Not Seokjin. He jolts awake. Where is he? In place of Seokjin was a pillow. He looks out the window. It was raining. 

 

He leaves the living room going to their bedroom. "Seokjin~"  But there was no Seokjin. Taehyung stumbles around the apartment looking for him.He falls onto the sofa. 

 

Did Jin leave him? Did he not want to be with him anymore? But he chose Jin over Jungkook. Taehyung thought this as the rain rained harder. 

 

He couldn't just sit and wait. So he stood up and opened the door. "You woke up," Jin says with a smile holding a bag. 

 

"Yeah. . .Where did you go?" Taehyung asks as Seokjin came in. 

 

"I got us food. Fried chicken." Jin places the chicken on the table. "Did you think I left you?" He says playfully. 

 

"Of course not," Taehyung says laughing. Right. He didn't think that at all. They ate the chicken together as the rain continued pouring. 

 

Seokjin hopped in the shower after they finished eating. He doesn't want to admit it but the whole time he was holding his breath not wanting Taehyung to hop in. When he got out of the bathroom, Taehyung was already sleeping. 

 

The next morning, Seokjin woke up to the smell of food. Taehyung was cooking. "Morning," Taehyung greets when he enters the kitchen. 

 

Seokjin smiles and went over to him looking at the food. It was food he had never seen before but it doesn't smell or look bad. "You always cook so I decided to cook," Taehyung tells him with a nervous grin. 

 

"It looks yummy." Seokjin places a peck on Taehyung's cheek because that's what he would do. Taehyung returns the kiss onto his lips because that's what he would do.

 

Yet, both party turned away from each other after doing so. 

 

Taehyung leaves for work shortly after. Seokjin decides to go get a cake because he knows Taehyung loves them and he loves Taehyung. So he goes to the cake shop he always goes to. 

 

~~~

 

"Have a nice day! Come back soon!" 

 

Seokjin smiles as he puts the cake on the seat. Already he feels better. He'll just go back to doing what he did before everything took a turn. Before Jimin told him about Taehyung and Jungkook. Right? 

 

Seokjin drives home and busies himself with cleaning. Before he knows it, Taehyung's home. Taehyung gives him a peck on the cheek as Seokjin set out the food. 

 

“How was work?” Seokjin ask as he poured Taehyung a cup of water.

 

“It was alright. Same old. Same old,” Taehyung responded mostly paying attention to the food. After a few minutes of silent eating, Taehyung looked up at Seokjin. “No matter the many kinds of food I eat, I always come to crave yours.” 

 

Seokjin smiles. Jimin would always compliment his food. Saying Who else but Seokjin.

 

Jimin! Why is he thinking about Jimin! This is about Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung finishes and they get ready for bed quietly. Then they're in bed quietly. The light's off but a big ray of moonlight sneaks through the curtains. Seokjin stares at the ceiling. Taehyung wraps an arm around Seokjin's waist pulling him closer. 

 

He nuzzles his face in the crook of Seokjin's neck. "I miss you." Really? Seokjin thought but kept silent. Taehyung leans on his elbow and places a kiss on Seokjin's forehead. He brushes Seokjin's fringes back. 

 

Taehyung connects their lips. Seokjin closes his eyes. He tries to remember his feelings for Taehyung. He loves Taehyung. Taehyung pulls away. "I love you, Seokjin." 

 

"I love you, Ji-" Seokjin freezes. Taehyung stares at him. 

 

"What?" No. He did not just say that. It slipped. Taehyung looks back at him confuse. Did he not catch it? 

 

"I love you too...Taehyung." Taehyung smiles. Seokjin smiles back, strained. Did he almost say, "I love you, Jimin?" But that's silly. He doesn't love Jimin. Sure, he misses hanging out with him. Misses Jimin's words. His shy smiles. That look in his eye when he looks at Seokjin.

 

Oh my. 

 

~~~

 

 "Bye," Taehyung says and gives him a hug. As soon as the door closed, Seokjin sighs. He feels so guilty. He has to do something. Or he doesn't. He loved Taehyung before so he can love Taehyung again. 

 

~~~

 

Taehyung puts an arm around Seokjin's waist, bringing him closer. "Wow. As expected, you two are still the power couple." 

 

"Powerful in looks especially. Your faces compliments each other." Seokjin smiles politely at Taehyung's friends. They were at a party or get-together. Whatever you call them. This was fancier than the usual but Taehyung does have a lot of friends. 

 

They were in a penthouse. Taehyung laughs at something and that brought Seokjin back to the moment. "Do you want something to drink?" Seokjin ask him needing some air.

 

"Sure." Taehyung kisses his cheek. Seokjin slips away and to the tables of drinks. Except there weren't anymore of Taehyung's strawberry drink. 

 

"Hey. Do you know where I can get more of those strawberry drinks?" Seokjin ask someone passing by. 

 

"Someone's bringing em soon." 

 

"Okay, thank you." Seokjin went out to the terrace. Surprisingly, there weren't anyone out there. He took in a big breath of the outside air. The view was beautiful. 

 

The door open and someone staggers in. Seokjin turns around. "Jimin?" 

 

————————————————————

 

"Hey bro, why aren't you coming to the party?"

 

"I don't want to. I'm tired," Jimin replied into the phone, trying to find something good to watch. 

 

"Oh come on.. I haven't seen you in forever! I can't even remember how you look like." Jimin laughs. 

 

"You just want my strawberry drink right?" 

 

"I don't want to lie so...guilty as charged." 

 

"I'm hurt. But I'll bring them over." 

 

~~~

 

He brings in three boxes of his Mom's strawberry drink. Greets his friends then set the drinks on the table. "I didn't call you over just to work. Come over here," his friend pulls him away from the table. 

 

He laughs and follows him but stop in his track when he sees a familiar back side. Taehyung. He immediately runs to the nearest door as Taehyung turned around. 

 

He closes the door in a frenzy and could feel the cold breeze caress his cheeks. "Jimin?"

 

Jimin straightens his back standing attention of Seokjin. "Seokjin..." Of course he'd be here if Taehyung's here. 

 

"What are you doing here?" Seokjin asked eyes flickering between him and the door. 

 

"I was just dropping something off. You?" Jimin looks at him. 

 

"Taehyung.. brought me here," Seokjin answers hesitantly. Do something. Do something, Jimin. Apologize for being so rude to him before. Jimin sits down on the sofa. 

 

"How have you been doing?" Jimin asks and Seokjin sits down next to him. 

 

"I'm okay. How have you been doing?" Jimin couldn't focus on anything else except for Seokjin. He looked handsome under the string lights. 

 

"I'm good." Silence. They both were just staring at each other. "I think I should get going." Jimin stands up. He felt like he should stop and turn back. 

 

Maybe look at Seokjin one more time. Maybe Seokjin would be looking too. Jin. 

 

Yet, Jimin felt his hand on the door knob. Turning it. The chattering of people filled his ears and the image of Jin blurred away.

 

————————————————————

 

Seokjin finally blinks as the door shut. He didn't know what to do. I can't. I can't be like Taehyung. I can't do what Taehyung did to me.

 

So he stood up and went to the door. He pulled it open, scanning the room. Were there this much people when I left? But he shook his head. No Jimin. Did he already leave? 

 

Seokjin looks at where Taehyung last was. Taehyung was staring back at him tilting his head as if to wonder why Seokjin was just standing there and not coming to him. I can’t be like Taehyung. I can’t be with Taehyung.

 

He tore his eyes away and ran to the door. He got off the elevator, eyes scanning the lobby for Jimin. No Jimin. 

 

Seokjin ran outside into the bright shining sun. He could see Jimin pull the door to his car open. “Jimin!” 

 

Jimin stopped and looked up. His brows furrow a bit in confusion. “Jin?” Seokjin stopped right in front of him. Jimin’s eyes were wide and in question as Jin caught his breath. 

 

“I need to tell you something,” Seokjin spoke making eye contact with Jimin but quickly pulling away. “I don’t think I can go back to being with Taehyung. I don’t think things can go back to being the way they used to.” 

 

Jimin parts his lips to say something but was cutoff by Seokjin. “I blame you.”

 

Jimin flinched at that and Seokjin notices. “I used to blame you. I wished you had never told me Taehyung was cheating on me. But in the end, you were the only one I could go to for comfort. It was like a nightmare though because later Taehyung came back to me. The nightmare was over. I’m with Taehyung again. I tried so hard to be happy with him.”

 

Seokjin bit his lip and made eye contact with Jimin. “Yet, I find myself missing that comfort I got when having that nightmare. The comfort I got from you.” 

 

Jimin was just staring at him while everything else continued.

 

Seokjin felt so embarrassed. Stupid. Stupid Seokjin. Did you not consider the fact that he may not like you the way you like him at all! He closed his eyes and his face burned. 

 

He gasped when an arm wraps around him and he could feel a body against his body. He peeks open an eye. Jimin was hugging him! 

 

“I thought I was the only one living in that fantasy,” Jimin says quietly. Seokjin tries to pull away to look at Jimin but Jimin kept his hold strong. “I don’t want you to look at me. It’ll make me embarrassed.” 

 

Seokjin blushed. “I like you too. For a while now. To be honest, it started before you and Taehyung got married,” Jimin winces at the last part.

 

Seokjin was shocked. He ran through his memories of Jimin. All that time. He liked me? Jimin’s hold loosened and Seokjin pulls away just enough so he could face him.

 

“Really?” 

 

“Really,” Jimin nods and looks away bashfully. 

 

“Seokjin. Jimin.” 

 

The pair looks towards the voice and immediately pull away. 

 

“You two love each other....”

 

“Wait, Taehyung. I can explain,” Seokjin says walking up to him. Taehyung moves back when Seokjin touches his shoulder. 

 

“I chose you...” Taehyung looks at them both. “Why are you with Jimin?” 

 

“Taehyung, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this earlier,” Jimin walks to Seokjin’s side. 

 

“Tell me that you’re cheating with my husband,” Taehyung runs a hand through his hair frustrated. 

 

“Taehyung,” Seokjin says sharply earning their attention. “Jimin and I just got together before you came. We weren’t doing anything behind your back.” 

 

Taehyung opens his mouth to say something but Seokjin continues. “I realize that I love Jimin now. And well you-“ He looks into Taehyung’s eyes. “You love Jungkook still. We don’t love each other anymore.” 

 

Taehyung’s furrowed brows and confused eyes start clearing. Seokjin grabs Jimin’s hand. “Let’s divorce,” he says trying not to stutter which he succeeds. Jimin tightens his grip on Seokjin’s hand. 

 

“I’m sorry, Seokjin,” Taehyung says quietly. “And Jimin.” 

 

“I’m also sorry but there’s also someone else you should apologize too,” Jimin tells him. “Jungkook.”

 

(Five months later)

 

Jimin opens the door and the chilly air wisps in. “Happy Birthday!” 

 

“Thanks guys.” Jimin closes the door and lead the couple to the living room. 

 

“Hey, Jin!” Seokjin turns around with a plate of snacks. The room was decorated with banners and balloons. 

 

“Hey, Jungkook and Taehyung!” Seokjin greets the couple. They all sit around the coffee table which has many kinds of snacks. Jungkook and Seokjin chat about something. 

 

Taehyung glance at Jimin. “So are you and Seokjin doing anything special?” 

 

“Special? This is special.” Jimin smiles as he catches Seokjin’s eyes. 

 

“What! You two ain’t going to a hotel or something.” Taehyung scrunches his nose.

 

“I like this. All of us gathered together,” Jimin says shrugging. 

 

“You know. I guess it was a good thing that you fell in love with Seokjin behind my back,” Taehyung whispers to him. Jimin smacks him causing him to yell. “Seokjin, your man is bullying me!” 

 

“Jimin,” Seokjin says sternly. Jimin’s eyes widen and he throws his hands up. “Don’t bully our guest.” Jimin scoffs silently but scoots over to Seokjin to kiss him on the cheek.

 

“If you say so.” He presses his lips onto Seokjin’s. But Seokjin pulls away. 

 

“Jimin, we have company,” Seokjin hisses. 

 

“Yeah who’s busy making out,” Jimin rolls his eyes at Taehyung and Jungkook. Seokjin shakes his head but nonetheless kiss Jimin. Jimin smiles against the kiss wrapping his arms around Seokjin.

 

In the end, Seokjin wasn’t just in his fantasy. Seokjin wasn’t something he had to bury in the sky.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

Thank you so much for reading this story! I hope you enjoyed it! The message I wanted to tell through this story is that you shouldn’t live in your head and push things away because sooner or later they’ll come back. So it’s better to just deal with it and move on, rather than staying attach forever. Also, bad things aren’t always the ending. Again, thank you for reading!