TM 01

TRUST ME (Let Me Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

********************************

 

Yugyeom had been disturb on his soundless sleep the moment his alarm tone starts resonating throughout his whole bedroom. He unwillingly opens his eyes and stretches his arms upwards, letting out a loud yawn before idly pushing the covers off of his body. He forces himself to sit up on the bed as he involuntarily reaches beside him to turn off the annoying thing.

 

I'm about to kiss him, why are you always breaking the freaking moment?

 

He complained as he throws a tiny glare through his sleepy eyes at the alarm clock above his bedside table.

 

He's been dreaming about his boyfriend earlier. They were having a picnic in a nice green field and just casually talking and whispering sweet words to each other, then he gently pulls the other guy closer for a kiss, but the kiss didn't happen because his annoying alarm clock interrupted his precious dream once again. He keeps on having these sweet dreams about, Jinyoung for the past few days, but every time he was about to kiss him or even hold him, this freaking alarm clock wouldn't stop disturbing him.

 

"Five more minutes..."

 

He sleepily mutters as if the alarm clock can understand him and will actually be considerate with his case. Yugyeom drops his back on his soft mattress once again, mentally requesting for another five minutes of sleep before preparing himself for another long day.

 

"Where did you go?"

 

"I'm sorry, some annoying thing keeps on interrupting me."

 

"What was that?"

 

"It's not important, hyung."

 

"Will you really give me a kiss now?"

 

"I will for sure, come here—"

 

Unfortunately, his alarm clock wouldn't really let him live as it started screaming beside him again. He grabs one of his pillows and cover his head with it, desperately trying to ignore the sound, but no matter how much he try, the alarm tone keeps on getting louder and louder as seconds passing by, teasingly forcing him awake.

 

He just want to give his hyung a kiss, is that too much to ask?

 

Letting out a groan, Yugyeom dejectedly pushes himself out of his bed so he could prepare for another tiring day at the Journalism department and at the uni. But before anything else, he eagerly seeks for his phone beside him to check some messages.

 

He was a little grumpy earlier, but his whole mood totally changes with just the sight of his boyfriend's name on his lock screen. His lips automatically tugs into a smile as he reads it.

 

From: My love, PJY ❤️
Good morning, Gyeom-ah. I hope you're already awake by the time that you read this. Don't be lazy and just do what you need to do today. Eat your breakfast first before going out, then text me back if you had the chance. I miss you so much, Kim Yugyeom ❤️

 

Yugyeom's insides was twisting in a good kind of way. Maybe for other people it wouldn't seem that endearing, but for him, it was the sweetest. His hyung will always be the sweetest. Jinyoung isn't really that vocally expressive. Specially, when they're face to face, but he does expresses his love for him in his own unique way and, Yugyeom has no complains about that. After all, actions speaks louder than words, right?

 

To: My love, PJY ❤️
Good morning, hyung! I'm awake now and will go prepare for the day. I'll do my best today at the office and at the uni for you ❤️ Also, when are you coming back to me, hyung? I miss youuuuu! TT TT

 

Yugyeom rereads their text conversation for who knows how many times before letting out a deep sigh. His smiles slowly turn into a bittersweet one as he thought of how this day will go, and literally his whole days had been going these past few weeks.

 

It was quiet a monotonous one, but he was honestly trying his best to cope with it. It's not like he'll live like this for life anyway. There's just really that time, where he needs to be a lot more understanding and patient for his boyfriend.

 

As long as he knows his hyung's doing fine, then he wouldn't mind waiting.

 

Yugyeom snaps out of his thoughts when he get the third alarm for this morning. He finally stood up from his bed and quickly turn it off, earning a warm feeling inside of him when the picture frame sitting perfectly still above his table caught his eyes.

 

It's been three weeks, hyung...three weeks of not seeing and holding you first thing in the morning...and I badly miss that.

 

He thought for the last time before directly making his way inside his bathroom.

 

ooOoo

 

Yugyeom got out of his car after finding a good spot to park the vehicle, he then makes his way inside the company's building to fulfill his duties as an intern at the journalism department, not forgetting to politely greet the employee's passing by as he walks towards their office.

 

"Good morning,"

 

"Oh! Yugyeom, good morning!"

 

"Why are you always so early?"

 

He jokingly asks while going straight at his own table to put down his stuffs.

 

"I'm a morning person, so that explains it, I guess?"

 

She proudly answered before going back on what she was doing on the computer in front of her. Yugyeom only chuckles and just finally take down his seat so he could resume his previous pieces of works from last night too.

 

"Good morning!" Both Yugyeom and Jimin lifted their heads from their task when the office door suddenly opens and Youngjae with his usual sunshine being came into sight. "Wow, you guys are seriously competing for the early bird award, aren't you?"

 

He said as he took his seat beside, Jimin.

 

"I'm not really competing with anyone. I mean, do I even have a competitor?"

 

"Woah, don't be so confident, missy!"

 

"Fine, but just stating facts?"

 

"For your information, you have a clear opponent about that. Haven't you notice, Yugyeom constantly arriving earlier than the official time for the past few weeks? Even earlier than you sometimes,"

 

"I do notice, and correction, yes, he arrives earlier than me sometimes, but I'm earlier than him most of the times,"

 

"You sounded a little threatened just now?"

 

Youngjae teased as he flashes her a playful smug face.

 

"I'm not."

 

"Yah, you guys sounds so childish right now?"

 

Yugyeom butted in without even removing his eyes on the computer screen.

 

"Says the one who's actually the babiest here?"

 

"I maybe the youngest, but I act more mature than the rest of you,"

 

"Oh really?" Jimin said, tilting his head on the side of his computer to look at the younger, "Because, I just suddenly remember some tall baby whining about not getting his usual ice choco at the office's canteen yesterday because, Bammie took it instead?"

 

Upon hearing that, Youngjae suddenly burst out laughing as if it was the funniest thing that he has ever heard, making the younger quietly chuckling too on his seat and just shakes his head slightly.

 

"Anyway, it's a major change though? Yugyeom was always late for some minutes last month and now it's the complete opposite?"

 

The girl spoke after some comfortable silent minutes.

 

"I know right, he tends to arrive early at the office when Jinyoung hyung isn't around at their apartment,"

 

Youngjae agreed, still looking at his screen while his fingers are busy typing things on the computer.

 

"I wonder what they're doing in the morning that always results to him getting late?"

 

Jimin mischievously said, peaking beside his computer screen to give the younger across him a playful look. Youngjae beside her is doing the same.

 

"What the heck are you guys even thinking?"

 

He said as he saw them looking at him like that. The two other intern exchanges some looks before they started giggling on their own and shrugs their shoulders, and right at that moment, Yugyeom knows what they were thinking.

 

Such dirty minded friends, I have?

 

He thought. But who is he to deny it though? It was true that, Jinyoung is seriously one of the reasons why he keeps on timing in late at the office. Yugyeom just couldn't resist him, specially if he's being so flawlessly beautiful like that in the morning, he just couldn't stop himself from kissing him and locking him in his arms, thus constantly making him forget that he was supposed to be getting out of the bed early for his internship.

 

But that was last month, okay...before he left again for another film shooting...

 

He smiles bitterly to himself as he thought of it, and just focuses on what he was doing. But as if on cue, his phone screen at his side suddenly light up, indicating a new message. Having a strong feeling of who it was, Yugyeom giddily reaches for the device to check it.

 

From: My love, PJY ❤️
I'm guessing you're finally at the office by this time. I know you'll work hard, but don't overwork yourself, and don't skip meals.

 

From: My love, PJY ❤️

And I'm so sorry, just one more week, I'll be back soon, Gyeom-ah.

 

One more week?

 

It still sounds too long for him, but he knows he couldn't do anything about it either because that's just how it is.

 

You can do it, Kim Yugyeom.

 

In the end, he just heaves out a sigh and tries his best to convince himself not to sulk too much.

 

To: My love, PJY ❤️

I'm at the office now, hyung! Do the same thing for me, don't overwork yourself and don't skip meals! 😘

 

To: My love, PJY ❤️
It's okay, I understand. I'll be waiting for you, hyung! ❤️

 

He taps send and secretly wishes for him to reply back at this moment. He knows that, Jinyoung is busy, but he was still hoping that he can at least talk to him properly through text. They often exchange some messages, but it was usually almost an hour or so before getting a reply because they're both busy with their stuffs.

 

Talk to me right now hyung, please...

 

He hopefully thought.

 

Watching his phone screen for some seconds, Yugyeom instantly brightens up when the older texted him back earlier than he expected.

 

From: My love, PJY ❤️

Are you busy right now? Can I call you?

 

Yugyeom was more than delighted when he reads that, they rarely got a chance to talk through calls since most of the times, they're work hours was in between each other, and they didn't want to get caught and be scolded by their bosses for lazing off at work. But this time, Yugyeom wants to set aside that for a while, he badly misses his boyfriend and he wants to hear his voice right now.

 

He secretly checks the adjacent office behind them and seeing that they're all busy with their own stuffs, Yugyeom made a quick reply for his boyfriend before he slips his phone inside his pocket and stands up.

 

"I'm just gonna go out to get some coffee, you guys want some?"

 

He said, already setting up his excuse.

 

"Sure, thanks!"

 

Youngjae replied, still busy with his computer, while Jimin on the other hand only gestures to him that she's already fine.

 

Yugyeom nodded his head then proceeded towards the glass door, carefully checking the outside surroundings if some higher personnel are around before cautiously walking out of their department.

 

"Yugyeom!"

 

The said boy almost jumped on his spot when someone suddenly shouted his name from afar, shifting his attention ahead, he saw, Bammie jogging his way towards him and just like him, they both look somewhat annoyed.

 

"Where are you going? Are you sneaking out?"

 

"Shh! Don't talk too loud!"

 

Yugyeom whispered yelled, afraid that someone might see them and suddenly questioned them, though he has an excuse on his mind, still, he didn't want to leave such bad impression to his critics.

 

"What're you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working on some damn papers inside?"

 

"What the heck! Tone it down and watch your mouth, we're still at the company!"

 

"They wouldn't hear me, why are you so sensitive?"

 

"Just don't talk too loud okay? Also, I should be the one asking you that? What are you doing, you're seriously so late today?"

 

Bammie doesn't usually gets late about everything, so it's a little confusing.

 

"Nothing much, it's just, Jimin had ditched me this morning and ride at that, Daehan's car instead despite having an agreement with me about it last night,"

 

Bam answered with a sarcastic smile, obviously still pissed.

 

"Oh seriously? You guys should settle your thing once and for all?"

 

"What thing? What the heck are you even saying?"

 

The other guy said while he's looking at him with that shocked and questioning look as if, Yugyeom was stupid.

 

"Still in denial." Yugyeom murmured while shaking his head, "Anyway, I really need to go for a while, okay?"

 

He added as he finally remembers his boyfriend. He started walking towards the fire exit stairs in a slight hurry.

 

"What're you seriously sneaking out for?"

 

Bam asks before he could even disappear behind the door.

 

"Just going to get some coffee,"

 

"Coffee at the fire exit? Sure, get me one okay?"

 

Yugyeom didn't answer him anymore and just directly made his way to his planned spot while Bammie only lets him off as he quickly made his way to their office.

 

Once the tall guy had already closed the slightly rusty door, he immediately fishes out his phone inside his pocket and eagerly taps on his boyfriend's contact for a call. He waited for a few rings before Jinyoung finally took it.

 

[ Gyeom-ah? ]

 

Yugyeom can already feel his heart bouncing in joy the moment he heard his boyfriend's sweet voice from the other line. It's been a while since they made a call and he didn't know if he should be thankful for this one or be regretful because he just feels like missing him more after hearing his voice.

 

"Hyung..."

 

[ We got a temporary delay of scenes right now and we're on standby, so I tried slipping out for a while, I'm actually inside the comfort room now just so you know, ]

 

Jinyoung informed him.

 

"Aren't you going to be scolded when they have caught you sneaking out, hyung?"

 

The younger said as he leans his back against the wall, asking the older like that as if he wasn't sneaking out himself too? A smile was plastered on his face as the thought of, Jinyoung trying to make a way to talk to him despite him being busy at the set suddenly tickles him.

 

[ Are you actually saying that I shouldn't be doing this? ]

 

The older playfully said and even though he couldn't see him right now, Yugyeom knows he have that playful smirk on his face as he says that.

 

[ Just tell me if I shouldn't and I'll end this call right now, Kim Yugyeom. ]

 

He added, but doesn't honestly sounds that serious as the younger heard him chuckling a little at the end.

 

"Yah, hyung~ stop teasing me, you know that missing you too much right now, so don't."

 

The younger whined.

 

[ Okay then, how are you doing anyway? ]

 

Jinyoung asks and the younger started puffing out some air from his cheeks before answering, trying his best not to sound that lonesome.

 

"Just the usual? I woke up and work for some hours for my internship then go to school or head somewhere to work for our thesis, after that I go home to sleep. In between all of that, I'm missing you all the time..."

 

He confessed. It was just all the same boring and tiring routine without him.

 

[ I miss you so much, too. I'll make it all up to you when I came back, I promise. ]

 

Jinyoung softly mutters with a deep sigh at the end. Yugyeom only nodded his head as if the older can actually see him right now, which was actually effective because, Jinyoung knows it even through the phone. He just needs to hear him breath and he will quickly know what the younger was telling him.

 

"Then how about you, hyung? How're you doing?"

 

Yuygyeom asks after the long pause.

 

[ Just same old routine too. ]

 

"You're not missing me?"

 

[ I just told you earlier that, I miss you so much too, didn't I? ]

 

"Then please say it again,"

 

[ Seriously? ]

 

Jinyoung asks in between his giggles, but as he heard no response from the younger, he knows he's sulking again and that made him feel so bad because he does know what it feels like to be missing someone so much.

 

If only I can kiss you right now...

 

The older thought before speaking,

 

[ I miss you so much too, Yugyeom-ah...I miss you everyday, ]

 

Yugyeom heaves out another sigh after hearing that, the idea of him visiting, Jinyoung at his work suddenly brushes up his mind again, but he dejectedly shook those thoughts out when he remembers the last time that he did that and how it almost got him and Jinyoung be fired both as an intern and as a first assistant director.

 

It was when the first time, Jinyoung needs to go out of the town for a short film shooting and he would be away for some weeks, and since that would be their first time to be separated that far and long, Yugyeom stubbornly make a way to be with him even just for one night. He just started his internship and thesis making during those time and everything was so hectic. He was so tired and worn out, but since he badly wanted to be him, he traveled all the way from Seoul to Gyeongsang for three hours after his agendas at the company and their thesis. And though, that night he had successfully met his boyfriend, he was unsuccessful to go back at Seoul in the morning because he had been terribly sick, which results to him not being able to report at the company and Jinyoung taking a sudden two days leave from work so he could take care of him. After that situation, he promised him that he wouldn't do that again.

 

[ Anyway, I need to go for now, I just heard someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter