007 - something about you

Compelling Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Tell me something about you," Yixing requested.

They just arrived at the subway station. Because this was Saturday, it was crowded. Especially because the weather was also very nice, many families brought their children to enjoy the weekend outside. Jisoo passed the tap card turnstile first and Yixing followed behind her with his hands still holding hers.

"Something about me?" Jisoo hummed to herself, thinking. 

She was never really good at talking about herself. People mostly asked her about her view about something, so she kind of had no idea what to say. "Instead of me telling things about me, why don't you ask me questions? I'll answer them for you," she said then, feeling so impatient herself.

"Okay." Now it's Yixing's time to hum and looked around as if looking for a question to ask, "I remember back in the conference the moderator mentioned that you started the university at fourteen, but she didn't say anything before that. Tell me about that." he said after a few moments later.

"How I got to the university on fourteen?" she paraphrased his words to make sure that it was indeed the question, which he nodded in affirmation. Jisoo was actually surprised that Yixing still remembered that small detail over a month ago. She quite recalled how the moderator read it as she was making a mental note of how fast her pace was in reading her CV. She almost thought that no one wouldn't really remember that, especially for someone who spoke Korean for only a half and a year, she was amazed Yixing could even catch that.

"Well, it's actually nothing special. I used to be homeschooled before because my father never stayed in the same country for more than three years, so I practically lived in his office, being tutored by his personal assistant all the time. But then when we moved to Prague, my parents decided that it would be good if I go to a real school so I would have some friends, like those who were my age. I was supposed to be in my third year of elementary at the time, but for some reason, they put me in the fifth year after the entrance test. That's how I finish elementary in only four years." she turned her head to see Yixing reaction, and he nodded with a smile but said nothing about it. She continued,

"After I graduate we moved to Indonesia. I started the junior high and I passed this test to join the, um, some kind of acceleration class which allowed us to finish the junior high in two years. I stay there for another three years and went back to Czech after that, but again, they put me in the second year when I was supposed to be on the first. I was thirteen at the time, the youngest in my class, and I graduated high school a year and a half later. Then you heard the rest of the story." she shrugged, "Told you it's nothing special. I was just lucky, that if I could say it even as luck."

"It's still impressive though," Yixing responded, he his lips to wet them, and later on Jisoo started to notice that the gesture was what he did when he was arranging words he was going to say.

"I mean, the way I see it, not everyone would have the same chance you've had. You might want to say it as luck, or bad luck, it depends on the way we see it. I say you're lucky because you've experienced the things that people your age won't get that easy, and much earlier even say. When someone achieves what they dream of at a faster time, they have more time to enjoy their success and to develop themselves to reach even higher. You practically have far more time to do it all than me, or people your age. But on the other hand, we can also say you're unlucky because of the same thing. There must be a lot of unpleasant things that you faced being the youngest in the class, or having to get along with the older kids. When you were supposed to play with your peers, you were instead trapped in class with a hundred other students listening to professors' lectures and many things more. All things have their ups and downs. It's just how the way you deal with it."

Jisoo nodded, her smile grew again. She knew how Yixing was good with words, but she was still not used to it until this moment, because every time she was listening to his 'small speech', it still left her fazed. In fact, she wasn't this fazed when she was listening to her extraordinarily clever professor's lecture years ago. She had no idea if it was literally because of his speech, or the look on his face when he did that. She failed to ignore the fact that he looked strikingly handsome at the moment, and yeah, it's stupid, she knew it.

But, how could she close her eyes to such beauty? She wasn't that naive, Yixing was indeed a gorgeous man. And she couldn't deny that his look is the first thing that caught her attention in the first place. He had the distinct features that she didn't find in most of the men she had met. He had these high eyes that portrayed his humbleness and gentleness, they're genuinely intense. The way he looked at her was deep, like it held the deepest and darkest secrets of his abyss, that when she stared into them for too long, she felt like she was drowned to their vortex and deep down into his soul, and she was trapped there. And his plump lips were only a distraction to his dimple. And his dimple, Jisoo thought, was God's best masterpiece that He'd ever created in a human being. Yixing’s godly chiseled face just left her speechless. Like a fool.

Yixing snapped his fingers on her face, and she closed her eyes a moment realizing how she had been staring at him for the last minute.

"Is something wrong with my face? You've been at it like I grow a third eye on my head," he asked teasingly.

Jisoo was so stunned, and she was extremely embarrassed being caught red-handed. She felt like burying herself on the ground, but she still wanted to save her pride, so she was acting cool instead. "I know you must have heard this from so many people. But, wow, you indeed have a very handsome face, I can stare at you for the whole day and I don't think I'll be even bored for a second," she spoke her mind. She meant it as a joke because she knew how cringeworthy her words were. But she didn't regret every word of it.

Because Yixing was laughing voicelessly, looking away for a second like he was out of words to her sudden honesty and it's clear to see that he didn't expect this.

"You really like people saying that to you, don't you?" she was totally amused looking at Yixing's shy and awkward reaction, like seriously, she got used of Baekhyun or Sehun knowing how good looking they were that they tended to act cool and knowingly about the fact alone. But she never expected that a man would blush when someone told them about their good-lookingness, how cute was that? She didn't expect Yixing to be a cute person, because as a matter of fact, no one in his thirty was supposed to be cute. But strangely it suited him. Really weird.

"You know what?" Yixing turned to look at her after another moment, "You can stare at me all you want, Baobei, this handsome face is yours."

She felt like she was fangirling over him right now. If she were fifteen or back when she was a teenager, she would probably squeal on Yixing's fanservice words because really, plus that smile, it was lethal. If he were Kai, and she was fifteen, she would probably drop die faster before she could say 'Amen'.

They boarded in at the first car as the train came, and found it a bit empty. Yixing pointed a vacant seat so she could sit in it and he took a seat next to her, only to rise to give up his seat to a woman and her small daughter. He stood before her and had his grasp on the hand holder.

"Tell me," Jisoo said about a couple of seconds later but paused for a moment as an old lady boarded in, so she rose to give her seat to her. Yixing pointed to the other vacant seat across them about Jisoo shook her head instead and rested her back at the edge seat frame near the door. "It's just two stations away, let's just stand."

Yixing raised his brow to follow suit and rested his hand on the railing next to her head, "What is it?" he probed to get back on her unsaid question.

"Right, so tell me. When you came to the conference, did you know me as me?" It's been the questioned that she's been wanting to ask him since their second meeting, but it always stayed unspoken since the time was never right. And she was finally glad to have the chance to ask about it because she was curious.

"Not really. I mean, I've heard about you somewhere. But the main reason I was there because our company has signed a collaboration MOU with your university five years ago. So, your university gives a special admission for about four or five academically gifted students from China to study in there through our recommendation, we also take special admission for your fresh graduate to join our headquarter in Seoul likewise. The rector invited me because they said one of the note speakers would talk about Asian Heritage something specially that day, hence my attendance." he stopped to scoot closer to her as people started to barge their way in at the next station before he continued, "My mother told me about you two weeks after that." 

She made an 'oh' sound but said nothing more to that.

Yixing looked up to the train map and studied it, "You said it's two stations away? It means we'll get off on Myeongdong, am I right?"

Jisoo smiled and nodded, "You said you never had the chance to explore Seoul before, so I'm taking you there. And Myeongdong is the perfect start because it's basically people's favorite place to visit."

"Yeah, I've heard about Myeongdong." Yixing mimicked her smile, he looked happy with the fact that they were going to explore a new place for him today. And when he's happy, it seemed like he couldn't stop smiling, which was adorable.

"So, do you have some kind of a bucket list on a date?"

"Uh..." Jisoo was left speechless for the second time. Bucket list? On a dream date? 

She had nothing to say because she never really had one herself before. As a teenager, Jisoo spent most of her weekend either at her dorm room or library, she never had a chance to go on a date, moreover had a boyfriend. Baekhyun was literally her first relationship, and they never went on a date outside because he was a senior graduate student at that time. And they didn't want people to find out, because, you know, it's just unethical for a teacher to date a student even though she was a new lecturer, and graduate students were actually not her jurisdiction yet. But no matter how it still counted since they were still in the same faculty. So they usually went for a home date at her apartment or just had a secret rendezvous at the cinema, nothing special. 

But now that Yixing mentioned it, Jisoo couldn't help to think that there were actually some things that she would like to do if she were on a date. But it's mostly something stupid that she was a bit unwilling to tell Yixing about it.

"Then let's just get down there, and if we find the thing on your list, let's do that." he prompted. The train slowed down and came to a halt as they reached their destination, Yixing put his hand at the small of her back to guide her off of the train.

"Really? Even though it's stupid?" she wanted to make sure because she just knew not all people, or men here especially, probably wanted to do what she wanted to do.

"Yes, even the stupidest thing, I'll take the challenge. Let's do your dream date today."

"Okay." A wide beam danced on her face, and she swung their hands happily knowing that it would be her dream date today.

Myeongdong, as always, was crowded with foreign tourists. Plus now it's Saturday, it's as if one-sixteen citizens of Seoul flooded the crowded area since this morning.

And Yixing was like a puppy who had just come out of the cage, so expressive seeing the festive mass and the many shops and street vendors selling on the roadside. What surprised Jisoo was that she didn't expect Yixing to be an impulsive shopper. She was like finding her true shopping partner when they were both excited to see some socks sellers and bought some unimportant things just because they're⁠—

"Oh, it's so cute," she said, or,

"It looks handy, let's buy one," Yixing said.

They bought eleven pairs of socks with only 10,000 won in one seller, then bought eleven more pairs at another seller within different models. Jisoo told him that one of the other things on her bucket list was buying couple items. And in an hour they ended up buying another pair of socks with Cony (for her) and Brown (for him) printed on them each, figure set of pen and its holder for their office desk, a couple hoodie of Tsum Tsum Mickey and Minnie, and bunny doll, which was as big as her palm, key-chains (Jisoo put it directly in her bag's zipper, while putting Yixings at his chino's belt holder). Jisoo couldn't stop laughing watching them being silly today.

"Oh, my God, I think we're being so terribly cheesy today, I can't help myself," she said in between her laugh, wiping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter