BAEKHYUN

Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bronze dagger hurls with incredible speed, splitting the wind, and hits the bullseye, sitting on that red dot with the other three daggers I've used. "Ah," I groan, scratching the back of my neck. I turn back to get another dagger from the table, but stop from doing so when I see Kyungsoo leaning on a tree not far behind me. He's wearing a khaki set of band-collared jacket, buttoned to perfection; a pair of trousers, tucked into his black tall boots--the Legion uniform, except that he's missing the flat cap. He's probably holding it in his hand, which is shoved in the pockets of his trousers. He likes to do that.

We don't have ranks in the Legion. Just one: the chief and the others. But standing in the training field with battered, white shirt, Legion trousers that is now more brown than beige, and a pair of slippers, makes me feel like I should salute my friend. I don't, of course.

"'Sup," I say, my eyes diverts from Kyungsoo to the weapon table. I take one dagger and dust it off with a rag. I get on my position, my stance ready. Then for the zillionth time since this morning, I throw the dagger onto the target. Bullseye.

"You should head to the lab," Kyungsoo says. His voice is low and calm. It always have. He also likes to keep to himself. Not a big fan of loud guys that is basically three-quarter of the Legion. Why he warmed up to me, I would never know. Maybe because I'm not a show-off like the others. But you know, when you're an Immune, there's not much to show-off anyway.

I get to the weapon table again, then do the same thing with the daggers.

"It's ready, Baekhyun," Kyungsoo continues. "Your presence is requested."

It suddenly feels hard to breathe. The day has come. It finally arrives. My heart is thumping out of control already. The adrenaline rushes through me like my daggers hitting the bullseye. After three years, they finally did it. I'm going. I'm going to be a hero, a savior of Exo. And most importantly, I'm going to avenge the deaths of the innocents, of my family.

I chuckle. "Is it, though?"

"Yes, you should hurry. Everyone's waiting."

I nod. From the table, about 30 degrees from the center of the target, I hurl the dagger, releasing the excessive energy surge I got. The power manages to knock down the other five daggers. I take my jacket that is sprawled on the ground and throw it on one shoulder. Then I say to Kyungsoo, "Let's go."

---

The Legion doesn't have the best buildings. It used to. But ever since we've been on war with the Enchantress, we give away our fort for our people's safety. It soon becomes their home. What we have left is the training field that I cherrish and the basement, where the 'government' and the lab are. Our Chief, Suho, is our de facto supreme leader, since the palace has fallen in the hand of the Enchantress, making her the 'ruler' of Exo. Thank the angels it won't be like that an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter