happy birthday hyewon!

frog + cake = love

Minju failed to stop herself from clicking her tongue in annoyance as her eyes trailed Hyewon's retreating form. The live had just ended and they were all required to sleep early due to their upcoming schedule in New York.

"...and then my classmate showed me her really cool drawing-" 

Feeling eyes upon her, she looked up and sees Yujin frowning at her. She raises her eyebrow at that and mentally asks her what's up.

She switches side in her bunk and faces towards the wall, she didn't have energy to go through another verbal banter with the puppy. Minju looks at her phone which lit up after she pressed the power button.

There at the lock screen, the birthday girl's face appeared. Minju sighs as she looks at Hyewon's picture. She lightly grazes her finger at the surface - as if caressing the rapper's cheeks gently. Minju silently wonders what it would the feeling be if she was to pinch Hyewon's cheeks, would it be soft? Would place her hand on Minju's own and massage it softly? Would they become more than friends and live happily ever after?

All the thoughts playing inside her head gave her a really inappropriate tint of red in her face. She covers it instantly as she feels the rising temperature but Yujin, the ever-so-mischevious dorm maknae sees it of course.

Minju doesn't even need to turn her sight towards the younger girl, she practically feels a big, annoying grin plastered in her face. 

...

Still feeling eyes boring holes in her back, Minju whips her head instantly, a glare trained towards Yujin. 

She's still wearing that annoying grin in her face which Minju so desperately wants to wipe off. Something about Yujin always seems to push Minju's buttons without even trying.

"What?!" Minju snaps.

"What what?" 

This earns her a scowl from Minju. The younger's grin just widened even more, infuriating the former furthermore.

Yujin's mocking her? So be it.

"What the  do you want?" Minju hisses silently, lowering her voice in purpose.

"You-" Yujin is instantly cut off by a ring and a sound coming from Minju's phone. The screen lit up and there goes the latter's secret crush on Hyewon being compromised. The taller girl widens her eyes in shock but soon after, the shock earlier was replaced by the familiar mischeviousness in her glossy eyes.

"So you do have a thing for my Kwangbae!" She gasps dramatically.

Minju's face flashed even more with red and her eyebrows came together. How dare this kid proclaim Hyewon-unnie as hers.

"What the  do you mean by my?" Minju demands, placing emphasis on the last word.

Laughter erupts from Yujin after that; at first, Minju is confused by the sudden burst of emotion but then her mind caught up with her. Yujin practically made her admit her biggest, fattest, on the one and only - Kang Hyewon.

ing Yujin and her antics.

"U-Unnie... you're seriously getting..." Yujin takes a few seconds for a rebreather. "Jealous?!"

She once again erupts in fits of laughter, Yujin is clutching her stomach as the laughing gets painful. 

"Shut up." Minju says, annoyed.

Yujin wipes a tear in her eye after her laughter subsides, it's been so long since she had discovered something this big! Life really goes in way with her sometimes.

She turns to look at the grumpy girl beside her, this time, the glare that was previously directed at her is now trained towards the mattress. Yujin wonders why Minju is being jumpy all of a sudden.

"Unnie, don't be mad," Yujin softly speaks. "It's not like I would spill it to everybody."

Minju hums in response but said no words further. Silence took them as Yujin browsed through her phone while Minju is silently mulling over something that Yujin can't put a finger on.

A few minutes passed when Minju suddenly asked Yujin, "Hey, do you mind switching with Hyewon-unnie?"

Yujin glances at her with a small, knowing smile and it gave her a hundred more reasons to become flustered.

"Just keep your noise down unnie, I don't want to hear you moa-" 

The maknae doesn't get to finish her sentence as a hand automatically covered up . As soon as Yujin stops resisting, Minju immediately ushered out of the room and forces her to knock at the other room, revealing Chaewon who looked like she just woke up.

"Yudaengie..." Chaewon says as she rubs her eyes.

"Is Kwangbae in there?" Yujin asks in a low tone so as to not risk waking up other members.

The groggy girl looks back inside and sees Hyewon's form.

"She's already sleeping," Chaewon yawns. "But you can switch with her."

Yujin's eyebrow shot up high at those words. She can't decipher if Chaewon knows something or not and she's not willing to know.

"I didn't say anything though." The taller girl shrugs.

"Oh please, I'm sick of Minju being a lovesick puppy." Chaewon deadpans. "Can we just hurry up?"

Yujin walks inside without a word and gently shakes the resident eater. Hyewon's eyes meet hers and there's a look of confusion in there.

"Hyewon-unnie, can we switch places?" Yujin whispers in Hyewon's ear. 

"Why?" The older asks.

"Minju-unnie can't sleep without you and she's whining non-stop."

The rapper contemplates for a minute before getting up and bidding goodnights to Chaewon and Yujin.

Minju and Yujin's room was dark as she entered it. She notices a figure in the upper bunk and figures it might be Minju.

"Minguri?" She calls out quietly; no answer. "I'm at the lower bed, sleep well."

Hyewon tucks herself under the cover of the comforter but she still feels cold and she's pretty sure that it's not because of the air conditioner.

Her mind wanders back during the broadcast; she had expected one person. Sadly, even if it was her birthday, Sakura couldn't even be bothered to give her attention. 

She would be lying if she wasn't disappointed when Sakura gave her a message. Yuri and Chaewon sat on her lap for heaven's sake then there's that dumb japanese who only gave her a pat on the shoulders. Minju even knelt beside her which she feels grateful for.

A shaky sigh escaped her lips as her frustration and disappointment grew. She places her pair of hands in her face, wanting to punch it - for being an attention-seeker? Maybe.

She shifts to face the wall when she hears a voice.

"Hyewon-unnie?" Minju calls her out.

"Hmm?" 

"Can I join you? It's really cold here," Minju pokes her head from the upper bed. "If you don't mind..."

The older girl nods at her and that's all it takes for Minju to eagerly go down. She settles herself beside her unnie as she feels butterflies fluttering. Their arms touch each other briskly, causing Minju feel even warmer.

She couldn't possibly sleep at this condition so she might as well stay up and enjoy the feeling of Hyewon-unnie beside her. 

Suddenly, the rapper turns her body towards her and pulls her close to her. Minju is a hundred percent sure that she's already blushing now, she's really thankful that the lights are off or she'd be in huge trouble.

"Minguri smells good..." Hyewon says.

Hyewon's breath tickles Minju's neck and sends her body into a haywire. It took her great determination not to ravish the older girl's lips.

"You too unnie..." Minju mutters airily.

Minju feels the older girl close off any remaining distance and so does she feel her heart rate picking up. Too much of these can inevitably cause her to leave her body and go up in heaven. She feels Hyewon's chin placed on her shoulders, her arms snake around the younger girl's waist.

"Do you like me Minguri?" Hyewon asks.

There's a tinge of hesitance in Hyewon's usual monotone voice that Minju notices. She frowns again, not liking the fact that her crush is upset about something.

"Everybody does," Minju cranes her neck slightly to get a glimpse of the body behind her. 

"Sakura-chan doesn't." Hyewon quietly retorts. 

The raw yet subtle emotion present when the rapper said those words nearly caused Minju to shed a tear and it successfully broke her heart to tiny, little bits. She's almost tempted to argue with her, everybody in the group likes her and the girls were very vocal about it.

"Why'd you think that unnie?" Minju carefully says, anxiety present in her being.

"Maybe I'm too clingy," Hyewon wonders. "No wonder she prefers to stay with Chaeyeon."

Minju spins around in an instant and scans the face a few inches against her. She looks into Hyewon's eyes but there's only nothingness in there. Minju's frustrated, she's frustrated because she can't read Hyewon - she doesn't know Hyewon. What's more frustrating is that the only girl that Kang Hyewon has opened up to is the girl that is slowly drifting apart from her.

The younger girl tries to steady her heartbeat. She parts her lips slightly to blow off the built up air inside her body. It's one in the damn morning and they got a flight to attend to yet here she is, getting worked up in the wee hours of the night.

Perhaps it is fate or maybe foolishness that caused Minju next action - but the next thing she knows is that her hand is on Hyewon's cheek, her thumb lightly grazing the soft area. She mentally slaps herself, constantly reminding herself that it's not a dream; this is real life and this - this isn't the same when she caresses the cheeks in her phone, no. This. Is. Real.

"Or you can just be around me?" Minju says boldly, surprising even her own self.

Minju almost died right on the spot when Hyewon flashed her a small smile, a grateful, shy smile. Her thumb is still massaging the rapper's cheeks, finding it so warm and delicate. She takes in Hyewon in her sight, everything. It's no longer the same sight in the girl's eyes in contrast earlier, it's no longer devoid of any emotion. There's a faint trace of happiness in it, and affection - or maybe Minju's just seeing it as the sense of euphoria kicks in.

The feeling of being high and intoxicating sense (in a good way) made the younger girl feel much bolder than she usually is typically. Minju finds herself bringing her forehead against Hyewon's and whispering words in her ear.

"Stay with me unnie..." Minju softly murmurs while pulling Hyewon's body to herself as much as possible.

"Why would you want me?" Hyewon asks quietly, not betraying any emotion in her voice nor her face.

"I want to know you."

Something about the solemn atmosphere made it a bit more intimate. Minju couldn't pass up the opportunity to confess to the older girl. The circumstances made it much easier and right. Her mind registers a word: Selfish. Yes. She is selfish; selfish because the girl she's pining for is crestfallen and it's one way to comfort her - take her mind away from the problem (which Minju tries by confessing).

"Be with me unnie... I can make you forget Sakura-chan." 

Hyewon made no effort to response at her and instead stares at her in her signature deer eyes. Each second added up to Minju's fears, she wasn't going to be rejected, she really doesn't want to be rejected but she's a good friend. She would have to accept the girl's decision even if it hurts like a dumb wound.

"No." Hyewon says.

Minju's world came crashing down at the mere sound that word; she feels sick to the stomach. Air is seemingly nowhere to be as she feels her lungs are having trouble pumping out for air. On top of all that, Minju's had her third heartbreak for the night. She feels cold and lost, even colder than the freezing temperature created by the AC. 

The younger girl spins around swiftly, intently staring at the wall across her - hoping to wish the rapper beside her disappear. 

Her eyes gradually form a pool and she doesn't resist when it falls freely. She hates crying to the highest degree but she's so damned hurt that she doesn't care anymore. Of course, Hyewon will always choose Sakura over her, she was just foolish enough to hope that it's the other way around.

Minju makes an effort to stand up and go out of the room but she froze on the spot when a familiar hand clamps around her wrist and pulls her back in the bed. She is pulled closer by the older girl and when she doesn't turn around, she gets spun around immediately by Hyewon.

"I'm not going out with you because-" Hyewon reasons softly but Minju intervenes.

"-It's okay, I get it. I'm nothing compared to Sakura-chan. So if you may, I'll just go-"

Her words were cut off as a pair of lips crash down against hers. It stopped as soon as it happened. Just a quick peck. It was short, but five seconds was all it took for Minju to melt in the sensation and shut up. 

"I'm not going out with you because I want to forget about Sakura-chan." The rapper repeats herself, her tone more firm than the last time.

"I'm going out with you because I want to try it out." 

"Oh." Minju dumbly says.

She blinks once. Twice. But Hyewon is still beside her with a smile etched in her pretty face. She reaches out to the girl's cheeks but it feels the same as before, still soft and warm.

"I'm not going anywhere frog." Hyewon teases.

Under normal circumstances, Minju would've whined about being call a frog but just for once, she liked it because it's the owner of the low, quiet voice that said it. She practically smiles after being called a frog. She blinks as a loud ringtone blares her ears.

Hyewon smiles at that and pulls Minju towards her. The younger's head is laying in top of her chest while Minju's arms are s in her midriff.

"Get some sleep, I'll wake you up later." The rapper reminds her.

Though Minju still stayed awake for five more minutes, staring longingly at Hyewon who looks back in confusion. 

"What?" She asks.

Minju points at her cheeks and grins impishly. The rapper groans but still places a chaste kiss on the girl's cheek nonetheless. The pink-haired girl feels sleep overtaking her but not before muttering,

"Love you Hyewon-unnie..."

.

fin.

 

PS:

Yena and Yujin are staring at a bizzare sight across their seats in the bus.

"Are they together or something?" Yena whispers.

There sits Hyewon with her earphones in her ear and a certain Kim holding her hand tightly while her head is leaning onto Hyewon's shoulders, a smile present in her sleeping face.

Yujin flashes a wolfish grin that Yena went along with. The older girl takes out her phone and snaps a picture of them sneakily then sends it to Hyewon herself.

Ducky Goddess: wow, you r quick aren't u

Ducky Goddess: u catched some rlly good fish in the sea

Kwangcake: if frog here wakes up bc of your annoying- giggles.

Kwangcake: i'll knock u out so hard u'll go back to the time when u didn't know me

Yena instantly felt frozen as a cold glare was sent to her direction. She didn't give a single glance to the visual's direction for the rest of the trip; Yujin on the other hand swoons in victory as she got Yena to be threatened and Minju finally got her girl.

 

 

A/N: sorry guys i hope u enjoyed it! i was supposed to post this on the 5th of july but u know, school and stuff! please upvote and subscribe and leave comments! thanks! peace out y'all.