Something Right

No Matter What

Description: When Minjoo had to call off their date for not feeling well, she didn't expect to end up with her cute girlfriend playing nurse for her.

 


 

Softly, slender hands caressed her with gentleness, the warm palm against her stomach making the pain a little less unbearable. Letting out a small sigh, she opened her eyes to meet Chaewon’s chestnut ones, looking at her with fondness. “Feeling better now?” The doctor had asked, for what she nodded.

“I’m sorry for ruining our date. Please remind me to keep a stock of medication for this time of the month.” Minjoo tried to smile, although the pain on her stomach made it a little hard to keep the smile. They were supposed to go out to have a date, it was one of the rare nights they were both free from work, but instead they were stuck in her apartment after she was target of every woman’s most hated enemy – menstruation, and all the cramps that come with it. Minjoo was never the type to have a regular period and since she wasn’t on contraceptives in the moment, she was unlucky to receive this gift tonight.

Chaewon though, was pretty understanding about it – advantages of dating a woman who was also a doctor.

The said doctor, her girlfriend of a few months, had marched inside her house as soon as she heard about Minjoo's state and taken upon herself the task of getting the girl to feel better again.

Chaewon had gone out to get her some medicine for the cramps, as well as some chocolate and warm drinks, and she was now keeping her company while they waited for the effect to kick in. The older Kim had joined Min in bed, laying beside her and giving her best calming smile as she reached out to caress her stomach lightly, hoping to bring Minjoo some comfort. “Don’t worry about it. Is not like I don’t understand the pain.” Grimacing, she shook her head slowly. Minjoo was a little more distracted than her, but it wasn’t her fault that it happened – the lack of medicine at her house was a problem though. “I bought 2 boxes, so it should last for a while. But you can always call me for help. I don’t practice on the living, but I will make of you an exception.” Winking at her to make the girl laugh, she managed to get a tired smile.

Resting her hand over Chaewon’s, the young officer squeezed it lightly, in a silent thank you. They weren’t together for that long, yet she could feel an unique connection to Chaewon and every day her heart grew a little fonder of her, allowing her to go deeper and take a permanent part of it for her – maybe one day she would conquer it all, and right now, Minjoo wouldn’t mind it. “I surely will, even if it’s not an emergency.” Leaning in just a bit, she managed to touch Chae’s face with her lips, leaving a tender kiss. “Thank you, Chae.”

In return she received a mischievous smile, followed by a peck on her lips. “Don’t thank me, I’m using you as an excuse to avoid Eunbi’s calls about taking an extra shift tonight.” Chaewon’s playful tone carried a hint of true to it, however the hand still on Minjoo’s stomach in the lightest of the massages, made it clear her real reasons to stay.

Minjoo let out a small chuckle, awarding her with a kiss – it was a pleasure for both, even if only a short lived one since her cramps wouldn’t allow her to enjoy their usual make out sessions, at the moment even a long kiss was too much.

As if she could hear her thoughts, Chaewon sprinkled light kisses all over her face and jaw, quick and warm, ticking the sensitive skin as she reached her neck, taking Minjoo’s mind off of any pain to only focus on Chaewon’s lips. Hugging her by the neck, she combed her fingers through the soft, long brown hair, requesting for her attention back to her face so she could return the kisses – Chaewon was quick in answering to her sweet demand, sealing her lips with her own, just a little longer this time.

At the end of numerous pecks, Chae laid beside her and Minjoo changed their positions so she could hug her by the waist, using the girl as her personal human pillow – it was okay, Chaewon liked it too. The pain in her body was now a distant echo, thanks to both, Chaewon and the medicine, allowing Minjoo to relax again, happy to be free of the monthly torture and in the safety of Chaewon’s presence. So relaxed, that she could easily fall asleep – and she almost did, weren’t for her girlfriend's high pitched, yet soft, loving voice calling for her.

“Minjoo.” Chaewon had asked running a hand through her back, watching the younger girl through half lidded eyes. She waited patiently until the chocolate brown eyes fluttered open to give her a small, fond smile that matched her next words. “I love you.”

Minjoo was known for her big, expressive eyes and in the moment, they reflect all her surprise. She wasn’t expecting to hear those words, not now at least, and it brought both, happiness and a bit of fear – was Chaewon for real? Were them for real? “Are you serious?”

It was the older brunette’s turn to chuckle lightly, nodding. “I love you, Kim Minguri. I’m not the type to go back on my word.” Giving her a calm smile, Chaewon hugged her girl better, her hand finding the bare skin of Minjoo’s stomach again. “So, are you feeling better now?”

Blinking, the younger woman took a moment to digest the confession. It brought her a warm, fuzzy feeling, as if her chest was filled with the little droplets of a summer rain – light and heavy all at once, bringing to life a new world inside of her. With the silliest of the smiles, she hugged Chaewon tightly, ignoring her question to confess her feelings instead. “I love you, I love you, I love you too!”

Chaewon’s reply was a hearty chuckle that Minjoo quickly silenced with a kiss, this time one they didn’t plan on ending anytime soon.

Maybe it was a little too soon to say it, maybe she should’ve been more careful, but at that moment her words were absolutely true – and even so many years from that moment, they would still remain as the purest of the truths.

 

 


 

A/N: This scene is from an AU I decided to not continue, I just thought it was too cute to be deleted, so...I hope you guys enjoyed.

Happy birthday, Sev!