His practice

9th.

“Are you crying?”

Chanyeol open his eyes to see Baekhyun standing there at entrance of that old place

“Shall we start?”

He heard him saying and that when Chanyeol move unconsciously with fast steps to the smaller hugging him from the waist and even lifting him from the floor with a non-stop “thank you, thank you, thank you…”

“YA! YA! YAAA!!” Baekhyun yells hitting the other two arms to put him down

Chanyeol look at him with “you’re light!”

Hearing the word ‘Light’ Baekhyun hit him hardly on his shoulder near his neck with pain and little “Aagh!” Chanyeol left him straightway, he touched his shoulder in pain and saw the short one moving to the middle of that warehouse with

“Stay here”

Chanyeol saw him taking a random piece of wood, putting in on the ground and move back to where he was. Standing next to him putting his two arm on his waist “let see how far you can go first” he ordered “burn it”

Chanyeol look at his with a raised eyebrow “seriously?”

Baekhyun nodded “you asked for help! Now listen and do as I say”

Chanyeol look at the piece of wood and raise his arm in front of him but the fire didn’t even move from his arm, his coat start to burn he start to hit the fire, but end up taking it of fast, he look at Baekhyun disappointed.

Baekhyun know the ignorance of the Phoenix about his power now and it IS a TOTAL ignorance

“Okay! This will take time…again!”

 

 

Moving left and right behind Chanyeol, Baekhyun was saying the word every time the other failed to take his fire out, and Chanyeol didn’t stop, he was getting tired, so tired and breathing heavily, he didn’t expect using his power will make him tired! Well he never tried, even when he was living in Exo-planet he have been asked from his parents to not use it or he will end up hurting someone, till the day he will get on his 20 and be ready to get proper teaching for it.

 

“Again!” Baekhyun said without mercy

 

Chanyeol felt his legs couldn’t even stand anymore, it’s been five hours and the fire just reached one meter away from his hands! He fall on one knee from tiredness trying to catch his breath, but he heard Baekhyun sharply saying

“Is this how you will protect your friends?”

Chanyeol look at Baekhyun with a shocked face

“You said you want to fight! But why you fall after couple of hours? And still you did nothing!”

Chanyeol close his eyes in a hurt hearing the words

“You know you have more inside, why you don’t want it to come out?”

He asked again and Chanyeol just opened his eyes and look at the ground not daring to look up

“Are you afraid to lose? Are you afraid to disappoint your friends?”

Chanyeol look at Baekhyun full of doubt, truly he is, he tried at first to find a way to go back, but with time he know he can’t do any good even if he go there.

“I can see a coward little girl afraid of death”

This time the words made him angry “NO AM NOT AFRAID OF DEATH” he screamed standing and moving in front of Baekhyun face “AM AFRAID TO TAKE MY FRIENDS TO THEIR DEATH”

Baekhyun eyes got wide open and he even step back

“I WISH I COULD GO ALONE AND FIGHT WHO EVER TAKE OUR PLANET TO MY LAST BREATH, I WISH I CAN BURN EVERYTHING TO ASHES IF I FIND NO ONE FROM EXO ALIVE” Chanyeol was so angry, so frustrated he wanted to say those words, he wanted to let it all out, those inside deep though full of doubts he had, this inside burning hurt feelings that he was living for two years, he can’t keep it anymore “BUT I CAN’T EVEN FOCUSE ON A **** PIECE OF WOOD”

 

But Baekhyun smiled to him, maybe for the first time he can see a genuine smile from him, how his mouths shaped a rectangular not that smirk he had from the day one he met, not that sarcasm one, no, a very cute one for his surprise that made him speechless when he heard him saying

 

“Remember those feelings and use them”

 

Chanyeol was going to say ‘what’ but he felt warmth coming from behind him, he turned around to find the place on fire starting from the place he was standing on way to that piece of wood

“Oh my god!” Chanyeol said a mix of happiness he look at his now flaming hand and pointed to the fire direction he move his hand up and the fire raised “I can feel it!” He said shocked when he didn’t find the right words to explain to a human what is happening inside of him. “Baekhyun i can feel my fire”

Baekhyun have that smirking attitude again he roll his eyes “it’s your power you could do that easily if you just know how!”

 

“But...” Chanyeol said starting to feel dizzy and lost so much energy “I think...I...” but before he could finish he just passed out

“YAA!” Baekhyun tried to catch him before he hit his head on the ground but he end up the one who did “Aagh!” He take out a little scream in pain but he take a relief breathe when he saw the heavy body in top of him “good job!” He said tabbing him on the back and smile looking at the closed eyes of the other “you did a great job for one day Phoenix” he look at the burning place “at least I know you can’t close it if your unconscious” he roll his eyes knowing he should manually turn off that fire or the place will burn down.

 

 

 

 

>>> After <<<

 

 

 

 

Opening his eyes slowly, his body was still feeling tired, he look at his surroundings and find a very weird furniture in a little room he was in, it had a lot and a lot of different things. He sits on the sofa he was sleeping on it, and look around to see a door with a certain made of jewelry, he moves out of the room and find a place not different then that room, and two people were in it, one was with muscles and long bear and hair, black glasses like those outlaw bikers sitting on a chair and the other was a man or a woman he couldn’t tell with tattoos everywhere of his or her body, but he was drawing a tattoo on the other arm, the later didn’t look at him but he talked.

“Baekhyun waiter you to wake, but he had a phone call and went to deal with his new problem”

Chanyeol didn’t know what to say he just nodded

“Baekhyun told me to not talk much to you, his afraid of you, why?”

Chanyeol open his eyes wide hearing the words “what?”

But the other just shrugs stopping what he or her was doing and putting the tools on a near table “not normal fear, because Baekhyun doesn’t feel that fear, it’s something else! Fear of concern and I really didn’t like that” he stands and take his cards along with him and give them to Chanyeol to choose one.

Dumbfounded of what he should do, Chanyeol just chooses one and give it to him he decide to think of him as a man.

The guy look at the cards and smiled “now I know” he said and turn the card and it was a card of the earth but with other colors. “Don’t tell Baekhyun you choose one, he hate when I do that” the guy smiled and go back to his place taking the tools

“Is he coming back?” Chanyeol asked

And the guy shrugs “alive? I don’t know, he left, and take his two favorite guns”

 

The other man who was there laughed “I like that son of yours look, it means someone will definitely pay for his actions”

 

“What?” Chanyeol said shocked “you know where did he went?”

The guy stopped again and look at Chanyeol “he doesn’t tell anyone where he will go, but don’t worry he is a good boy, he never kills anyone, he know that his not a god to take a life”

Chanyeol look for his phone and found it in his pocket, he left that place immediately in worried dialing his number, the time was night already, damn why he slept so much!! Chanyeol cursed moving in a place he doesn’t know, a very dirty and crowded place with unwanted views in it, that neighborhood Baekhyun lives in wasn’t even a proper one, no wonder he end up a gangster when he grow up here, he wasn’t answering his phone so he called again and again till he finally heard a

“Not your time!”

Chanyeol felt at ease when he heard his voice “where are you?”

 

“Am little busy right now”

 

Chanyeol couldn’t say another word because the call turned off, he wanted to smash that phone in anger but it not his so he just put it back on his pocket and move out of that neighborhood hoping the man or woman saying the truth.

 

 

>>> The coffee shop <<<

 

 

Opening the door of the coffee Chanyeol look at the angry and the worried face of his friends

“Hey!” He said when no one even greet him, even if he wasn’t on the mood to deal with them.

“Where were you not answering your phone for a whole day?” Sehun said with a very angry and suspicious look

Chanyeol just look at him with a shrug “around! I ate out I will be in my bedroom” with that he move upstairs, everyone who was there were surprised at Chanyeol actions

“You sure he told you he will be with Luna?” Suho asked and Sehun nodded

“I saw him nodding too when he asked me” Chen said “you think he have an affair with another one?” Chen smiled at the idea and Xuimin who was now sitting next to him smiled too “yeah that a big probability”

Sehun shake his head a no “no way we are together for almost 24/7 how he can have another one?”

“He have a new phone” Kai said

Suho add “and he definitely didn’t spend the whole day alone because he was checking his phone when he entered”

“Wait he left with a coat! Where is it?” and Chen question made everyone look at him

Chen and Xuimin start to laugh immediately with “definitely he had a great time”

Suho just drink a juice he already have in his hands not wanting to think about it, But Sehun didn’t like it, Chanyeol never hide anything from him.

 

 

>>><<<

 

 

The morning came Chanyeol open his eyes and immediately look at the hour to see that it passed 10, he was surprised how much he slept, is he that tired? he took at his phone and check if there is any messages, he read Luna name and under was Baekhyun, immediately he open Baekhyun conversation with “Let meet in the warehouse at 10”

 

Chanyeol reading the time he jumped from his bad take a shower as fast as he can and wear new clothes and run downstairs, moving outside he passed by Chen Xuimin and Sehun with “good morning guys!” And left the coffee shop

The three look at each other Sehun smash the plate in his hands in anger, Chen look at Xuimin who move next to Sehun “Am sure if it important he will tell you first”

 

Sehun just look at him “we are struggling here! We didn’t find the other two, and what is he doing? Having with an unknown?”

“Just give him time, we know what coming is the worst, maybe he need it” Xuimin tried and Sehun just nodded in defeated “okay”

 

 

 

 

>>>> The Warehouse <<<<

 

 

 

Arriving at the place Chanyeol entered to find Baekhyun there sitting in the ground with crossed legs, putting a notebook on his leg and the phone on the other leg, a box on his side and more than five leftover of cigarettes were around him, some other cutting papers thrown around, others filled with blue pen in front of him on the ground, and a loud music in his earphones could be heard from far away, he was so into the things he was writing he didn’t even feel the other came, Chanyeol stand behind him and look at what he was writing, it was some letters and numbers things like some chemicals.

Baekhyun unconsciously took another cigarette and put it in his mouth his hand move directly to the lighter thrown next to him, like he know where it is, he open it and wanted to flam that little round white thing in his mouth but the torch in that lighter just vanished

 

“You should stop smoking, it’s bad for health”

 

Baekhyun turn around, barely keeping himself from screaming because he scared the out of him, he put his hand on his chest for a second “when did you came?” He asked

 

But Chanyeol ignore him with “sorry for being late I weirdly slept a lot”

 

“Body energize what you lost mostly when you’re a sleep that why the person can faint when he overdo something” Baekhyun explain “so basically the next day you would be more comfortable with, just like sports”

Chanyeol nodded “I really found it easy to take that fire from the lighter”

“Because you know how to use it now!” Baekhyun said like it’s an obvious thing “it’s your power!”

Chanyeol move and sits next to him “where did you go last night?” He asked “I know it not my business, but can you stop!”

Baekhyun look at him with a suspicious look “stop what exactly?”

“Living like this” Chanyeol now was the one who said it like it something obvious

“I can’t leave something i build for years in this city? Unless I leave it for good, and guess who made me come back” he smirk looking at the one who made him come back

Chanyeol couldn’t defend himself because it’s true “I have been on earth for two years now, still I could have manage to have a stable normal NOT DANGEROUS life”

Baekhyun look at him with a strange look when he heard the number “when?” He asked

”two years”

 

Baekhyun eyes got wide open hearing the difference time between his landing and the other he nodded slowly thinking why he was the first one to land not the prince.

“I heard you take guns and left what did you do?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shrugs with “something”

“Tell me!” Chanyeol insisted “I told you my secret you can’t tell me your daily life at least?”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “someone stole something belong to me and I went to retrieve it”

“Ow!” Chanyeol said kind of disappointed of the short story

Baekhyun roll his eyes “oh gosh! I can see your disappointment from here”

Chanyeol pouted looking at the ground at the papers around

“Okay! When our gang ask for a load” Baekhyun start to explain and Chanyeol happily was listening

“I order some items for my cigarettes”

“Cigarettes?” Chanyeol repeated

“Yes, I have this...emm...” He stopped thinking of the words he need to use “diseases! That make me lose control, so I need something like drugs but stronger to stay stable and have a good conversation as am doing with you right now”

 

Chanyeol face was shocked “is it bad?” He asked concern and Baekhyun roll his eyes

“Trust me if I knew it would kill me I won’t try hard for my chemicals”

“How did you get it?” Chanyeol asked

Baekhyun shrugs “there was an explosion at my house” he said and Chanyeol heart beat a hard one from the shock

“Am sorry!”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “I told you it’s not deadly! It just my...” Baekhyun stopped thinking of words to use beside power “my brain that can work so fast”

“Crazy?” Chanyeol asked looking at all the papers and writings

“NO!” Baekhyun screamed throwing the note on Chanyeol who start laughing at him “SMARTER!” He said trying to convince the other But Chanyeol didn’t stop laughing

 

“Ughh!” Baekhyun said “Okay stop talking about me, today lesson” Baekhyun move the box that was on his side and put it in front of Chanyeol “focus”

 

Chanyeol look at him suspiciously, then open the box to see a lot of matchsticks “You want me to light up those?”

Baekhyun nodded emptying the box in the ground “burn one by one but just the wood part”

 

“Easy!” Chanyeol said taking one in his hand

“A a a ! Don’t touch it” Baekhyun said with a smirk

“What?” Chanyeol frown and look at them again “okay!” He move one finger and tried to just open the fire on it, he find it so hard because the fire was spread in his hand immediately “aaaugh!” He said on frustration

And Baekhyun just smiled seeing the other trying to focus, in the almost 10 attempt he succeeded and move his finger closer to one but his fire burn it all immediately, and that head of the matchstick didn’t help to just burn itself it burn the one under it too “no no no no !” Chanyeol said in panic trying to pull off the fire, he heard Baekhyun giggles, and he look at him, the two eyes met and Baekhyun just clear his throat looking down immediately at his paper and shut his two lips.

Chanyeol smiled at the action, he shrugs also went back to his training.

 

 

 

 

Time passes fast Chanyeol find it way more hard then he expected he didn’t succeed in anyone not even one disappointed because of how his fire was aggressive, he can control it but not that little amount, feeling that he was useless again, he didn’t want to bother the other who was now putting earphones and music and scratching numbers on that note book. Sometimes he see him smile and sometimes he frown.

“Aren’t you tired?” He asked but the music prevent the other from hearing him he move and take one ear “Aren’t you tired”

 

Baekhyun look at him while taking the other earphone “yeah!” he said looking at all the mess around him “Actually I need to figured out a more stronger drug I can use because I start hearing voices when am sleeping”

Chanyeol nodded “like that day on the bus?”

Baekhyun nodded “yeah”

“Aren’t you hungry I didn’t eat since yesterday breakfast” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun smirk “Aliens doesn’t eat humans?”

Chanyeol smiled but unconsciously he replied “you’re too sweet to be eaten” the gaze he get from the other was not a joke but Chanyeol laughed standing “don’t say am alien then”

“Deal!” Baekhyun roll his eyes and stand

“Let’s have lunch then” Chanyeol smiled leaving the warehouse and Baekhyun followed him

“Can I drive?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun refuse immediately “please?”

“No”

Chanyeol frown “but if I hold on into you am afraid I will burn you”

“Didn’t you learn to control it?” Baekhyun said looking suspicious to the other

“I don’t know” Chanyeol shake his shoulders “come on am hungry” he said sitting in the driver seat putting the driver helmet and asking for the keys

Baekhyun roll his eyes and throw the keys to him he sits behind him, put the extra helmet but put his two hands in the back side

Chanyeol turn to look at him “really?” he said “hold on into me”

Baekhyun huffs and move his two arms holding the other waist, Chanyeol smiled when he felt the grab he start the engine and drive.

 

 

>>> City <<<

 

Arriving to the city Chanyeol parked in front of a restaurant in the middle of the city, the two went in, and sit on a table ordering some food to eat, Chanyeol take a look on his phone and saw a lot of messages from Kai

10:02 Kai: we can’t find the other

10:08 Kai: Phoenix ‘sad emoji’

10:15 Kai: I go search again ‘sad emoji’

12:32 Kai: No hope what to do?

01:12 Kai: Chanyeol…

01:17 Kai: ….

01:48 Kai: ….

 

 Chanyeol close the conversation with a huffs

“Bad news?” Baekhyun asked

“Yeah! We still need to find two of our people, and Kai is begging me to find a solution”

 

“Oh hey patient!”

 

The two look at who talk to them and Chanyeol smiled “hey Lay!” Baekhyun just look at him frizzed thinking of the conversation he heard

“Hope you’re having a good day” Lay smiled “I enjoy the food in this restaurant, D.O working near here so we eat a lot here, the food is amazing, but Sehun food is way better”

Chanyeol couldn’t agree more “yeah it is”

“Lay!” D.O said from behind “let have our lunch please”

Lay laughed with “okay” he turn to look at Baekhyun “if you feel anything hurts you just came to me okay?”

Baekhyun nodded with an awkward “thanks” and Lay left to another table sitting with D.O

“So the guys who were with you last time?” Baekhyun asked

“Yeah, the one you fought is an ice user, the one who screamed in your face was lightening” Chanyeol explain “the three outside were the taller wind and water and the one with dark skin is a teleporter”

Baekhyun nodded with an “o” thinking that he beat up an ice orb user he count the numbers in his head and it reached 8 “wait, how much you guys need?” he asked still he know the answer

“We should be 8” Chanyeol said

And Baekhyun raised an eyebrow “aren’t you guys already 8?”

Chanyeol shake his head with “you need a cigarette? Its 6”

Baekhyun count again this time using his fingers and Chanyeol saw him reaching the 8

“Who you’re counting?”

“Fire, ice, lightening, wind, water, teleport, healer...”

“WAIT!” Chanyeol screamed hearing the word that he never mentioned “how the hell you know about that?”

 

Baekhyun look dumbfounded at him “Oow! You don’t know?”