1. Secret Maneuvers

Secret Maneuver (Asian Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Secret 1.

 

Secret Maneuvers

 

It all started with a secret

Kyungsoo climbed out of bed late one morning at his parent's house. Whenever he visited his parent's home, there was always a sense of comfort being back in his old room. He rubbed his hand over his shaved head, a tiny smirk entered the lining of his full lips. The feel of scalp against his hand reminded him of his secret he hadn't told anyone, as of yet. He was hoping others would grasp the reason he cut off all his hair. Not even his best friend Jongin inquired about the new hair cut. Since no one seemed to notice or care. Kyungsoo didn't bother to share what he had done. 

Lately, Kyungsoo had been experiencing mixed feelings about being in Exo. It wasn't that he wanted out of the group, but he was ready to enlist. As he thought about his life, newfound urges that he didn't quite understand begin to surface. These urges and desires weighed heavily on his mind. So heavily it exhausted him, but he couldn't express to anyone what he was feeling and thinking. 

 

Kyungsoo thought to himself. "It's time for me to stop letting friends, family, and even the agency decide what's best for me. It's time I take matters into my own hands!" And that's exactly what he decided to do.

Kyungsoo felt, time was ticking away, and he hadn't experienced any of the normals things a guy his age should have experienced. Right now it felt like he was wasting precious time. Since he had been feeling this way for months, Kyungsoo could no longer push his own desires and wishes to the background anymore. So several months ago he made one of the biggest decisions and kept one of the biggest secrets that would change his life forever. He remembers that day clearly, it was the day the secret was formed. Exo had been on break for over six months, so he went home to stay with his family.

"Good morning mom," Kyungsoo says as he enters the kitchen.

"Good morning to you my handsome son. I put your breakfast in the microwave." 

"Thanks, but I don't have time to eat it. I'll eat it when I come back." He kisses his beloved mother on the cheek as he rushes out the door.

"Where are you going?" She shouts as the door was closing but got no response.

Whenever he wasn't on tour are busy with Exo he would spend time at home with the only important lady in his life, his mother. The family loves having him home and for the most part, Kyungsoo enjoyed being home with them too. But he certainly preferred to be busy working. 

Kyungsoo drove his motorcycle across town, compartmentalizing his thoughts in his brain. Reasoning, this is a decision he has to make, and shouldn't have to seek approval from anyone else. But he had to keep it a secret because he knew everyone was going to try and change his mind. Kyungsoo hadn't decided when or how he was going to tell everyone. Flashes came into his mind about how some of his band members were going to react. 

He sped along the highway, saying to himself. "That's Okay...they'll be alright." 

 

Two days later he got a call to the Director's office at Sm. He went to that meeting a little nervous wondering if he should have said something to them first. After all, he is still their employee and under contract. Kyungsoo took in a deep breath when he reached the Directors' office bracing himself for what may happen because there was nothing he or they could do to change things now.

"Good afternoon Director-nim."

The Director shook his head in dismay only glancing at him. "I'm surprised at you Kyungsoo. I never expected something like this from you. You actually thought you could sneak behind our backs and do something like this without it getting back to me!"

"Yes, I know sir this is a surprise to you. But I felt this was something I had to do. I didn't want to put this off any longer."

"But we are about to have a come back with Exo's new album "Obsession." 

"Yes, I know sir, I waited s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter