JUDGING

8th Year Contest (winners announced)

How I will judge this will be as follows

 

  • Grammar
    (I'm a stickler for good grammar, so please try your best. However, as someone whose typos are bad myself, I am not a huge stickler on those. I understand how those happen... I don't understand how bad grammar happens)
  • Plot
    (the creativity, the set-up, the sense, the uniqueness. In fantasy, I like your own worlds made with a depth to them. In romance, I like realistic falling and consquences. In angst, I love intense build-up. Just give me sense that your plot could happen somewhere, somehow, and I will enjoy it.)
  • Characterization
    (do they feel like real people or mannequins: I want real reactions and ineractions, real feel to the thoughts and emotions. Give me the feeling that I know these people!)
  • Flow of the story
    (not too fast, not too slow, not too bare bones but not too descriptive. Those are two of my biggest pet peeves: a story that flies by without any kind of description and I have to picture everything jus to enjoy it, or a story that drags by because it is overly describing something and I can't use my own imagination)
  • Enjoyment
    (this is huge, I want to enjoy the story as I read it so please do try to use my cheat sheet! Again, any group is accepted, but there are ones that I enjoy more and honest to goodness, if you write something not on my cheat sheet and score equal on everything else with someone else who DID use my cheat sheet, they're going to win.)