END

The Cute One, The Admirable One

What the hell.

How the .

How accurate they could get.

When Su Geun oppa pointed out that, the both of us couldn’t hide our expressions.

“Solar and Wheein must be seeing someone. They have boyfriends. Their choice of Kang Hodong as their partner is like a safety net.”

Hyejin was stunned and Moonbyul was grinning at the corner. Those two idiots were giving out too much. And Kim Yongsun. She was the most obvious.

“Solar must be dating someone cute and Wheein must be dating someone she likes a lot; she must be a big fan of that oppa. She must have admired her boyfriend a lot.”

Both of us must have looked like idiots because we both were openly caught by these sunbaenims who have sharp eyes. But they were wrong.

Yes, we are dating. But not with guys.

I’m dating Kim Yongsun.

She’s my girlfriend.

-

It happened a few months ago. I mean, I know I have a certain kind of fondness towards this unnie. But it never came across my mind that I actually wanted her. I was dying to have her as my girlfriend.

For the last few years, many fans support MoonSun more often than anything else. And of course, I’m in the tag team with Hyejin. But both of us could never be lovers.

Hyejin did explore that but eventually, we were too much creepers to be lovers. Best friends would be the best for the both of us. We knew each other too much to fall in love.

So, we gave up that thought and we love it. We love this relationship I have with Hyejin. But being my best friend means she knows all my secrets including my overwhelming affection for Yongsun unnie.

“You need to tell her.”

“No.”

“Don’t be an . You’re practically staring at her all the time, behind or in front of cameras. You have no filter, Jung Wheein.”

“Unnie responds well.”

“Well, Unnie is equally the same, a ert.”

Sheesh.

“I’m giving you 2 months to open your mouth and confess to Yongsun unnie.”

I hate Anh Hyejin. She’s such a bad person to threaten me like that.

But Yongsun unnie grew on me. She’s an admirable person; she worked hard; and she never stop learning and growing her own personal growth. She had injured her back once. Everyone thought it would affect Yongsun unnie adversely.

But no, she proved us wrong. Yongsun unnie is not someone who would give up so easily. She would find ways or solutions that will lead her to somewhere; a better place than she was originally in. So, she learnt how to do pilates; yoga and her back condition improved tremendously.

Suddenly, Yongsun unnie’s arm grew muscular. She grew healthier over time and her back condition was taking the back seat now. Yongsun unnie lives actively and sometimes she would pull me aside just to help me with my stretches.

“Jung Wheein, what are you doing?”

“Stretching?”

“Your fingers are not even touching the ground. Come here.”

She gripped my arms and I couldn’t escape. Then she stood behind me and we slowly bent down. Her arms were on mine and her body was crushing into my back.

SHEESH! I COULD FEEL HER MELONS.

“Wheein, concentrate!”

“I am! TRYING!”

“Stop fidgeting around. Can your fingers touch the floor?”

“Unnie, I’m short in everything.”

“Don’t be an idiot. You’re a dancer. You are more flexible than me.”

“AH unnie!”

Well, I couldn’t fight her as she pushed me downwards. I pretended to be in pain, but the actual was, I was enjoying it too much. Unnie’s melons are impressive but I fell in love with her sweet smell. And her skin is so soft.

Shut up, I’m a ert so deal with it.

But I have a full of admiration for Unnie. Whenever she was asked to do something new, Unnie would do her research carefully. She’s determined to perform well and Unnie loves to learn new things.

Unlike Unnie, I’m just the opposite. I prefer to be in my comfort zone. I couldn’t function well if I was in a new territory. But not Unnie.

That’s why I started admiring her. That admiration slowly turned into affection and then I fell in love.

I fall in love with someone I admire the most.

-

My heart thumped so hard when Su Geun oppa said that. My eyes grew larger and I could hear Wheein cursed inwardly. It was soft and subtle, but I could hear it clearly. She must have been equally startled.

Suddenly I felt Wheein leaned closer to me and placed her hand over mine. I was hiding my left hand under the table and Wheein’s right hand was over mine. She clenched it tightly. I was a little terrified of sudden revelations but Wheein was quick to assure me.

I slightly turned to look at her and she smiled softly. Then she shook her head before mouthing “it’s going to be okay” to me. And I trust her.

I really do.

Because I love her.

Yes, I’m dating. But I’m not dating a cute Oppa.

I’m dating my cute dongsaeng, Jung Wheein.

-

It happened so easily.

It happened naturally.

And I never had imagined that this could happen somehow.

You see, all this while, I’m only close with Byulyi. That ert was always on my lane; annoying me in many ways that she could even think of. So, it was natural for us to get closer and besides that, we fought more often than the maknaes.

So Wheein confessed to me one night, I was bewildered. She caught me at the wrong timing. And I was a little apprehensive with her intentions too.

“Wheein, what are you talking about?”

“Are you doubting me?”

“No, I’m just confused. What did you just say?”

“I say I like you, Unnie. No, I love you.”

“Did you just heard what you said?”

“You think I’m just playing around?”

“Yes, I mean no. Argh, I’m just confused now. What do you mean by you love me?”

“I love you just like how a man falls for a woman.”

That night, I just left her alone in her apartment. Honestly, what I did was stupid. It was irresponsible of me for not taking good care of her heart. And I regretted it after an hour since I walked out of her house.

I stopped halfway; looked up into the night sky. Then I caught a glimpse of my past memories with Wheein. Those times when Wheein stood next to me, I felt at ease. Wheein was often quiet and always in her own world; I would quietly go up to her and slip my arms around her. She would get startled, but her eyes softened.

Then it dawned upon me.  My one ultimate reason to keep Wheein close to me – she made me smile; she made me happy and Wheein was the only one who would respond to my stupid jokes.

Wheein would be the one pulling me away from Moonbyul when we fought. She would gently pull me back to my room and then just hug me. No words were exchanged but Wheein’s warmth and strong arms comforted me immediately. My anger soothed and I was able to smile at her despite being so annoyed by that Moonbyul. Wheein had the power to melt my anger away.

And Wheein would be the one who visits me whenever I fell sick. She would text me and asked me what I wanted to eat. She would be the one who would check on me; touch my forehead and sometimes she looked through my medicine.

When I asked her why she did that? She said she wanted to know what the medicines were for. I mean, I never realized those little things Wheein did for me. She was looking out for me; she was protecting me and dammit, I just walked out of her life so cruelly, so coldly.

I turned around and ran all the way back to Wheein’s apartment. I hoped she would still accept me. Because I was so stupid not to realize that I have fallen for Jung Wheein all this while.

-

I sat at the corner of my bed; she ran out of my apartment like as though I was a monster. Is it wrong for me to love her? And probably I was stupid enough to confess to her when I knew she would take off like this.

What was I expecting from her?

For her to accept me as someone special.

She’s a woman just like me.

And it didn’t help that my churning heart was suffocating me silently as I tried to find pieces of my broken heart in the depths of my misery. Could I even put them all back together? Can I get my full heart back?

How awkward we would be the next time around?

Sheesh. I shouldn’t have listened to Hyejin but I couldn’t blame her either. I was driving her nuts with my constant whining of affection for Yongsun unnie.

Sadly, this wasn’t meant to be. I hide my face in my palms. Stop, please stop breaking. I’m sorry, I wasn’t careful enough to protect you, dear heart.

But don’t break anymore. The pain is killing me.

“Stupid, so stupid Jung Wheein. Now you have lost Yongsun unnie forever. She is probably going to hate you too.”

“No, she isn’t, and she won’t let that happen.”

Wheein looked up instantly. Yongsun was at the door; panting and her face was filled with sweat. Wheein was stupefied; she couldn’t move her feet. She was still stunned to find Yongsun at her front door.

And Yongsun was slowly approaching her.

“I’m the stupid one, Wheein ah. I’m the dumb one.”

“Unnie, I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t say sorry.”

“Then what do you want me to say?”

“Say you will love me and then you will kiss me, tonight.”

Wheein’s eyes enlarged. And I was tickled.

That was when I realized. Jung Wheein is the cutest dongsaeng I ever had. I mean, of course there is Hyejin but Hyejin is too serious sometimes. And that woman has her mind of her own. You can never anticipate what Hyejin would think of.

But Wheein, she’s so adorable. She smiles easily and she laughs heartily. I love to hear her laughter and Wheein is so small and petite.

I didn’t wait for her to respond. I just leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. I pulled away gently and watched her reaction. She just stared at me with her lips still pursed. Her eyes wide open. I got her good this time.

I giggled softly.

“Is my kiss that horrible?”

“Huh?!”

“You’re not responding to me. You don’t like my kiss?”

“NO! I MEAN YES! I MEAN, WHAT THE HELL AM I TALKING ABOUT?!”

“Jung Wheein, am I a bad kisser?”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Jung Wheein, my cutie pie. My heart felt so warmth; I just pulled her closer and hugged her tightly. I could feel her relaxed in my arms before she mumbled softly.

“You’re so mean. I love your kisses.”

“I know you do. Because I love you too.”

She smiled stupidly.

Gah! My cute Wheein.

And I kissed her again and again.

-

So, here they are. Together; dating for the last 6 months and still going strong than ever. They were terrified at first but Hyejin and Moonbyul promised to cover it up as much as they could. Their CEO Kim Do Hoon was surprised at first but he supported them too.

“Well, I thought you would end up dating Moonbyul instead of Wheein.”

Wheein rolled her eyes when Moonbyul smirked at her.  Moonbyul was her biggest threat because she would hog on Yongsun whenever she could. Although Wheein knows Yongsun loves her; but Moonbyul’s skinship was just too much for the younger woman to adhere.

“Stop touching my girlfriend.”

Wheein glared at Moonbyul.

“Fans prefer Moonsun!”

“I hate you; I swear I do.”

“But you will get to Yongsun unnie up at night.”

“Oh god, Moonbyul unnie! You really have no filter!”

“Stop acting innocent with me. My walls are thin.”

“UNNIE! YOU STAY 2 STREETS AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND!”

Yongsun shook her head and Hyejin couldn’t be bothered. Moonbyul is such an sometimes. She just loves to irritate the members; taking turns one person at a time. Today was Wheein’s turn.

And Yongsun was not going to let Moonbyul annoy her further. She slipped her arms around Wheein’s waist. The effect was immediate. Wheein calmed down instantly.

“Don’t bother about this hamster. She’s jealous that we’re together.

Moonbyul kicked Yongsun in her shin before running away. But Yongsun was more focused on Wheein. Hyejin grabbed her sandwich and disappeared into the room where Moonbyul was hiding. Yongsun could hear Hyejin smacking Moonbyul.

“Hyejin helped you to get even.”

“I can always rely on Hyejin.”

Yongsun smiled before she pulled her girlfriend closer to her. Then she thought of the recording of the variety programme earlier on. She recalled Su Geun’s words.

“My heart leapt when Oppa said something about dating.”

“Tell me about it. My heart was in my throat.”

“But you held my hand.”

“I had to. I could see your soul swaying.”

“I’m just thankful that you were there with me. I was losing my mind when he pointed out so clearly.”

Wheein smiled before it curled into a grin.

“Well, he was right.  I am dating someone I admire.”

“And I’m dating a cute girlfriend.”

Wheein leaned in for a soft kiss and Yongsun reciprocated it well. Then Wheein pulled away before she uttered those words that would melt Yongsun immediately.

“I love you, Yongsun unnie.”

“I love you too, Jung Wheein.”

-