Chapter 1

ᴴᵉˡˡᵈᵒᵍ || ᵇ.ᵇ.ᵖ.ᶜ

 

''Dad?" The petite boy called out, his arms were covered in goose bumps hair raised from anxiety. His mind racing with thousands of different scenarios—his father was almost never this late. 

''Dad- oh hey fluffy, where's daddy?" He questioned, holding a hand out for the dog to sniff. The simple gesture intrigued the dog, and his pink tongue slipped out to drag along Baekhyun’s slim fingers. A sudden knock made the boy freeze, he remembered his fathers first and only rule: never talk to strangers. But maybe it was his father? He had forgotten his keys many times before. He wobbled over to the door, tugging it open expecting his father to be standing there only it wasn’t him. This man was tall, practically towering over the teen. His eyes were dark, they lacked any life at all. 

''W-Who are you?" He whispered, heart nearly jumping out from his ribcage. 

''I presume you're Byun Baekhyun, correct me if I'm wrong." His voice was even scarier to the boy. 

''I'm him.." He trailed off, fluffy poking his nose against his owners thigh. The gesture calmed him down for the meantime. ''Well Baekhyun, I'm Chanyeol. Come with me." Baekhyun just stared up at him, his eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. Who was this stranger and why was he here?

''W-Why? Where's my dad?" The giant reached forward and grabbed his hand. ‘’He’s Dead, now come along. Sehun will gather your things. And don't you fret puppy, you'll be safe with me. That is, if you don't break my rules." How could he just drop the news and then forcefully tug him out of his own home? He didn’t believe it, his father was there hours ago—he must be joking. 

''D-Dead..?" Was the only thing Baekhyun could seem to mutter, tears finally falling down his cheeks in a state of shock. He was forced into the car, not bothering with the belts. He was too shocked to even lift a finger, his father, dead? No, no. He had to see his father-but how? He was sure the giant would kill him if he spoke out against him. And Baekhyun was weak, soft spoken and he lacked any confidence at all. 

''Yah,'' a dull voice woke him from his thoughts, he craned his neck and was met with Sehun- at least he believed it was the man this Park Chanyeol told him of. ''I got your , Mr. Park will meet us at the mansion. So be quiet.''

 

''O-Okay." Just like he guessed he was too weak to even fight back against this man, he wasn’t as threatening to him—his eyes held some life. But with the gun poking out from his waist band he didn’t dare argue. 

As soon as the car started, it stopped. He must’ve zoned out during his shock. The house was just as lifeless as the man, vines crawled up the messy bricks, windows covered or broken completely. 

He steps out, legs nearly crumbling underneath him, but with the sudden whine coming from his puppy he pushed himself to move faster, helping him out from the trunk—silently thanking the lord above that Sehun grabbed his Fluffy. At least he had him. 

''Let's go, move.'' Sehun snapped, pushing the boy into the house, and entering the dark manor was even scarier for him. There was nearly no source of light- how on Earth could he find his way around now? 

''Where is my dad?" He questioned once again. He thought maybe Sehun would tell him the truth. 

‘’ The boss already informed you of his passing. Don’t look so sad, he gave you up without a second thought.'' Baekhyun felt his world spinning, he just didn’t believe him— his father loved him, his mother had passed years ago leaving his father to take care of him. 

''You're lying." He croaked, glaring up at the taller male. 

''I wish," He chuckled, sending a smirk to the crumbling boy. Within seconds he felt this rush of adrenaline—maybe he could find his way out, find his father. So, He pushed himself up, racing towards the door. He Ignored Sehun’s shouts of threats. He kept running even after he heard feet rushing right after him.