[1]

After The Rain

It was never new...

 

When Eunha would open the door early in the morning, only to be greeted by a beaten Hwang Eunbi.

 

And it was never new, that the girl would only take a glance of her with dull and emotionless eyes.

 

"SinB..." Eunha would always call her in a whisper, a tired one. And every time, SinB would only pass by her, while Eunha can only clench her fist to control herself from breaking.

 

Eunha can only watch as the latter walk around, limping but with no signs of asking for help. Eunha would... But SinB will always just push her away. SinB stopped in front of the counters, and it was only then that Eunha would catch a glimpse of emotion inside her eyes. Sadness.

 

SinB stopped in front of a picture frame, tracing the figure between her and Eunha before a blazing pain would yet again burn her heart. It was only then that she would stop, then walk back to her room. While Eunha can only close her eyes, trying to control the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. Cause once again, she locked the door before her.

 

The apartment was not like this before. Back then, it was a place full of smiles and laughter. But now, all was part of a memory, a memory that's frozen inside that one picture frame. It was all gone...

 

Eunha walked to where SinB was earlier, and just like SinB, her eyes started glimmering with tears, but a bitter smile traced on her lips. It was a picture of the three of them, happily smiling as if the world has no problems. But now it was only a picture, a frozen memory that will never move.

 

Eunha knew more than to just understand, that she can't hate the younger for acting like that. Cause she lost a lover, her sunshine. Eunha knew how hard it was for Sinb, she watched them after all. She watched how her cold childhood best friend turned to a lovable tsundere from meeting her lovely big sister. Eunha saw how SinB grew to open up more, as she watches how Yerin started to finally rely on someone. They were a perfect couple. And Eunha was more than ready to become the maid-of-honor, but... life was never fair...And their fantasy turned downhill

 

And now, Eunha would always feel the emptiness of being alone, that she would just end up hugging the frame for support. Mourning for the life that was lost, and mourning for the happiness that seems to have long gone.

 

For she not only lost a lovable older sister, but she also lost her reliable best friend. Eunha was left behind by the two people she loved the most.

 

****

 

SinB closed her doors, looking around once again as if it's the first time. The room as expected were all signs of her. Jung Yerin. From the yellow wallpapers to the bed with duck-themed prints all over them, and the countless jibangs and plushies the latter all got as gifts and some from claw machines. It was filled with her memories.

 

A reminder that the house was once happy and cozy home, but torture to the two she left behind. 

 

SinB however, loves it, for it was Yerin's memories, it was her lover's. And it is her Sweet Torture.

 

SinB walked to her bed, and plops herself to it, hugging and fumbling over the duck-printed blanket, and as always, it felt warm, it felt like Yerin.

 

It was the very same bed where Yerin would be waiting for her with open arms, cuddling and talking about their day. The same bed where they would naughtily roam each other's hands to each other's body, yearning for warmth and touch that each other can give. 

 

SinB misses her, she misses her touch and warmth. Even after two long years, it was only Yerin that can make her feel loved.

 

"But you left, Yerin... How am I supposed to live now?" And every time she would yearn for the warmth, every single time... she would only remember that no one's by her side, no one to cuddle with, no sunshine in the morning, no ginseng to energize her and no Yerin to make her smile all day. 'She left me'

 

 

*****

 

 

Eunha tried moving on, after all, there's no use trying to help someone who doesn't need it.

 

She started working a stable job and acquainted herself with a few friends. But she still can never afford to leave the apartment. She still can't leave her behind.

 

Eunha only sighs as she shook her thoughts away. Looking up with a smile to greet a new customer in line. "Good Evening, what can I get you?" She asked while the customer smiled back at her with a beam. "Good Morning to you too, Eunbi~ssi. I'll have a cappuccino, thank you." The tall lady said, while Eunha grabbed a cup and wrote the name.

 

 

"Have a nice evening then, Sojung-ssi." Eunha greeted, she could hear her colleagues squeal, but she can only hide a sigh. Sowon-ssi was not a stranger, in fact, she was Eunha's admirer and had asked her on a few dates. But Eunha only treats them as a friendly hang out. She has no time to be happy when the one left home is still mourning. 

 

 

"Eunbi~yah!" With a hum, Eunha turned her attention to a tall barista who's eyes were sparkling in excitement, alongside her was another girl around Eunha's height but taller having the same expression. Eunha can only sigh as she pushes the notes away on the counter, "What is it?" she asked, while her two colleagues squealed once again, this time louder. The cafe's close anyway.

 

 

"Oh, come on~ Eun! So, how's the two of you, ey?" The taller one, Yuna, asked with wiggling eyebrows. "I'm fine, I don't know about her," Eunha answered back, earning a pout from the smaller one. Seeing the irresistible pout, Eunha only sighs as she pinches the latter's cheeks. "Mian, Yewonnie~ but we're nothing like that."

 

 

The trio continued talking, with Eunha mostly listening to the other two's gossips. "Eun?" Yuna called, they're the same age, so honorifics don't matter. "Yeah?"

 

Yuna looked at Yewon beside her, as if sending signals before Yewon sigh, "Unnie...do you have like... you know? A boyfriend? Just so we know not to bother you about this... we're just concerned ya know? You're pretty but you don't seem like you've been on a date, so we figured that the cool model unnie might make you fall in love and..." Yewon trailed off as if hesitating.

 

 

Eunha knows when was hesitating, and she doesn't like it when Yewon does. Eunha smiled, "Go on, I won't bite. What is it?" Yewon sigh before looking at her in the eyes. "happy... You always smile unnie... But... like, ya know... you're still unhappy?"

 

They said that people who care for you, can read you like an open book, in this case, Eunha found it right. That all she can utter was, "Thank you..."

 

Yuna and Yewon exchanged glances, a bit surprised by the gratitude. While Eunha only looked at them with a sad smile. "I am... a bit unhappy, but I swear, you guys never fail to give me a reason to smile. The smiles are worth it. But on the other side, you guys were right... I feel a bit... empty." 

 

 

Eunha knew at one point she can trust the two in front of her, and they are friends. And being friends means she should at least open up to them. With a deep sigh, she turns to the two who seem to be more than ready for what she'll confess.

 

But before she could utter a word, a buzz on her phone stopped her. And just by looking at the ID caller, Eunha can already feel weak all over again. "Is this for real?..." She mumbles, but enough for the other two to hear.

 

Yewon glance at the caller ID. Bi of Eunbi~SinB<3

 

Yuna can't help but be worried as Eunha seems to shake a little. Who wouldn't? SinB never calls her, and albeit a part of her wants to rejoice, she can't help but be worried.

 

With much hesitation, she answered the call. "H-Hello, Bi?" She nervously called, but she frowned almost immediately at the familiar voice. 

 

"Jung Eunbi-ssi?"

 

"Kim Sojung-ssi?" At the mere mention of the name, the two watching her started giggling but stopped when Eunha dropped her phone on the floor. 

 

 

"Eun?!" Yuna and Yewon had their eyes widen and immediately run to Eunha's side. She was shaking and crying... yet again it was because of SinB.

 

 


 Part 2 is coming up... this will be a complicated one (What Am I Writing???!!!)