High For this

Beauty Behind The Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'You don't know what's in store...Close your eyes. Lay yourself beside me'

~

 

Youngjae slowly opened his eyes. His mind was dazed. For a moment his mind was empty. And to his surprise, he actually liked it. The omega blinked several times until his eyes adjusted to the sunlight that streamed in through the window.

He furrowed his brow when he saw that he was in a hotel room. Why am I here? How did I even get here? That was when he felt a heavy weight on his lower arm. He looked down to find an arm wrapped around his waist. He stared at the arm in distraught before slowly turning around.

Daehyun laid close next to him, fast asleep.

Youngjae’s eyes colossaled as they moved down to the alpha’s exposed chest and the rest of his upper half. Youngjae’s movement slowed as he looked at his own exposed body. He too was without clothes.

His entire being froze as the memory of the previous night flooded back to his mind. The last thing he remembered was him making out with the alpha in the booth before his wolf took over. “No.” He whispered. He quickly sniffed himself.

His body trembled.

He no longer had his own scent. It was overpowered by another. He looked back at Daehyun. Reality finally settled in.

A piercing scream escaped his lips at the realization of it all.

Daehyun’s eyes snapped open. He quickly sat up, “What happened? What-,” he paused when his eyes landed on the omega next to him. Youngjae quickly covered himself with the bed sheets.

Daehyun looked at him in confusion. “How did you-,” He suddenly froze when he looked at his and Youngjae’s state. His jaw dropped as it all came back to him. “Did we just?” He looked at the omega wide-eyed. But Youngjae didn’t say a word. Daehyun ran his fingers through his hair.

The two of them sat in silence. They were too shocked to speak, struggling to comprehend what happened that blissful night. However, no thoughts ran through their minds. They were distracted by the new bond that circulated between them, connecting them together. They could feel each other in a completely new and different way, through their minds and souls.

Their wolves finally calmed down, no longer gnawing at them, now that they had what they wanted.

“You…You don’t seem upset.” Youngjae finally spoke, he could feel the alpha’s warm emotions swarming through their bond. Daehyun felt his entire face burn at the question. But Youngjae’s assumption wasn’t far from the truth. He wasn’t upset, rather he was actually elated. He wasn’t sure if it was him or his wolf, but either way he felt good.

His only concern was Youngjae. He had no idea how he felt. He felt nothing from him. “I’m not.” Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck. “I guess I…Youngjae?” His eyes widened again when he looked at the omega. Tears were running down his cheeks. “Youngjae! I’m so sorry.” Daehyun panicked.

“Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything.” Youngjae forced a laugh. “I knew this was going to happen from the very beginning. I tried to fight it, but it was only a matter of time.”

Daehyun was thrown into confusion.

Youngjae looked at him, “I never wanted a mate. Though, I controlled my heat and was romantically cut off from anyone and everyone, my wolf also rejected all the unfortunate alphas and etas that approached me. Maybe that’s why it was so easy to hold back my heat.” Youngjae smiled through his ongoing tears. “Until I met you.”

“You were the first alpha my wolf responded to, that night at that party. Even when we were apart my wolf bothered me, yearning and longing for you against my will.”

Daehyun stared at him surprised by the confession. Youngjae cocked his head to the side, “It was that night I knew, you were going to be the one to end me.” He smiled crookedly.

Daehyun was caught off guard by his final sentence. That was when he felt a sudden pain surge through their bond. “Youngjae?” More tears fell from the omega’s eyes.

Youngjae ran his hands through his hair, lightly tugging at it. “And now that it’s time, I have no idea what to do.” For the first time in a long time he didn’t know what to do, and it terrified him.

“Youngjae.” Daehyun removed Youngjae’s hands from his head. “It’s okay to not know what to do. It’s okay to be scared.” Daehyun searched the omega’s eyes. “And it’s not the end for you. It’s just time to stop now. Stop holding on. It’s time to let go.” Daehyun lightened his hold on the younger’s wrists. “I’m here now. I’m here for you. Let me share your burden.” The alpha smiled at him softly.

Youngjae’s eyes were large, taken aback by the elder’s words. “How can you say that? How can you be so positive? You lost your friend. We’re enemies.”

“Of course, I’m still hurt. That’s something that’s going to take a long time to heal.” Daehyun swallowed the lump that tried to form in his throat. “And don’t worry about our families. I’ll talk to my parents. I’ll convince them that this is okay. I’ll move to your pack if I have to.”

Youngjae was dumbstruck by his sudden proclamation. “My pack won’t accept you.” He tried.

“Then I’ll do whatever I can to get them to accept me. I’ll win all your pack members over. I’ll be their servant for years if I have to. I’ll work to appease your father. I’ll do anything, but I won’t leave you.” Daehyun promised.

Youngjae was lost for words.

He squinted at him, trying hard to study the insane being in front of him. What is this he’s saying? After all that’s happened? “I don’t’ understand you.” He finally said. “It’s okay. You don’t have to understand everything.” Daehyun smiled assuredly. He wiped the last of the omega’s tears away. Youngjae subconsciously relaxed under the alpha’s touch. For the first time, the elder’s words comforted him.

A smile stretched on Daehyun’s lips. He was able to smile genuinely through his pain. He felt a rush of joy wash over him, because he finally did it. The omega finally opened up to him. Even if it had been over one thing. The door was now opened, and he got his foot inside.

“We should get going to our packs.” Daehyun reluctantly said. He didn’t want the to leave the younger, at least not now. “I’ll go home and explain everything to my parents. Then I’ll come back, and we can figure out what to do from there.” He quickly reiterated. But Youngjae didn’t say anything.

“You don’t have to do anything.” Daehyun told him. “I’ll do everything. I can even explain everything to your dad if you want.” He continued.

Youngjae looked back at him, “Are you sure that you want to go through with this?” He asked curiously. “Isn’t this just an accident for you?”

“Yes, I’m sure.” Daehyun nodded firmly. “And this isn’t an accident to me.” He sent one last quick smile before climbing out of the bed. “I guess I’ll be taking a shower first.”

 

The two took a shower and changed into clean clothes. Daehyun let Youngjae wear one of his extra pair of clothes that he packed with him. They were big on the omega, but Daehyun found him all the more adorable.

Youngjae was against using his clothes, but he didn’t have the energy to fight it. He didn’t have the energy to do or feel anything. He felt completely at loss. He had seen something like this coming, but not so soon. Now that he was here, he had no idea what to do or think.

Daehyun did his best to make the younger feel better. He took him to the hotel’s dining area where they served their continental breakfast.

“This place has the best foo.” Daehyun said as they sat down to eat. He ended up filling up 3 plates of food. 2 for him and 1 for Youngjae. “They have a lot of vegan options here too, and it surprisingly tastes really good.” Daehyun babbled on, his cheeks stuffed with food.

Youngjae’s arm was propped on the table, his chin resting on the palm of his hand. He stared down at the plate inf front of him. “Of course the food is good. This is my dad’s hotel.” He remarked. “Really?” Daehyun asked in shock. Youngjae nodded, “He owns most of the hotels here.” He confirmed, “My younger brother came up with the vegan menu using his own recipes.” He announced proudly. “He did?” Daehyun was even more surprised.

Youngjae nodded. He picked up his fork and slowly began to eat the food his brother came up with. “My brother is weird, but he’s the best cook I know.” A small smile appeared on his small lips. Daehyun’s eyes slightly widened. It was the first time he’s seen him smile genuinely like this. He looked truly happy.

“So, it’s your father, you, and your brother?” he asked. The younger nodded, a smile still on his lips. “Yes. They’re the kindest people on this earth. I don’t’ deserve them, but I got lucky anyway.”

Daehyun smiled at the younger. This was an entirely different side of him. He loved his family very much. “Fine.” He put his fork down. “I will protect you and your family.” He promised.

Youngjae froze at the sudden declaration. “Wh-What?”

“You clearly love your family more than anything. And as your mate, it’s my job to protect you and them.” Daehyun said with much determination.

Youngjae was speechless, an involuntarily blush formed on his cheeks. “How can you say that? What about your brother?” He questioned, recalling that the alpha had accused his father of killing his older brother.

“You said it was an accident, right?” Daehyun recalled as well.

Youngjae slowly nodded.

“Then, I believe you. I’ll listen to the rest of the story when the time comes.”

Youngjae was taken further into surprise but was somewhat grateful toward his words. Somewhat. His shoulders dropped a little as a tinge of guilt pinched at him. “I’m sorry about your friend, Minhyuk.” He apologized quietly. “He wasn’t supposed to die.” He whispered.

Daehyun was taken aback by the apology. But he nodded, appreciative to the younger’s sympathy.

 

They finished the rest of their meal before checking out the hotel and finally exiting the building.

“Do you need a ride back home?” Daehyun offered. “No. I already texted my ride. He should be here soon.” Youngjae turned down the offer. Daehyun raised an eyebrow. “Is it that alpha you always hang around with?” He asked, trying to play nonchalant.

“Hm?” Youngjae cocked his head to the side. He felt a hint of jealously through their bond. It was a perfect opportunity to mess with the alpha’s mind, but for the first time, he didn’t have the energy to do so. “You mean my boyfriend?” He asked.

Daehyun nearly choked. “He’s y-your boyfriend?”

“I didn’t contact him.” Youngjae ignored the question. At that moment, Jinyoung’s car pulled up in front of them. “Otherwise, he would’ve killed you.” Youngjae walked up to the passenger’s car door. Daehyun scoffed a little, but quickly brushed it off. “I’ll comeback soon.” He promised. “once I talk to my parents, I’ll come back.”

Youngjae only hummed in response and entered the car. Daehyun watched as the car drove away. The alpha was nervous. He really didn’t want to part from the omega, especially since he finally opened up. He was scared that he’d return to his old self by the time he got back. “I have to be fast.” He quickly ran to the parking lot to where his car was parked. He had to make it back before anything else could happen.

 

Jinyoung scrunched his brow. The car was silent. He was ready to pester his friend with a trillion questions, but as soon as the omega entered his car, he was lost for words. Something was terribly wrong. Youngjae’s scent was completely different.

Jinyoung obviously saw the familiar alpha when he pulled up. There was only one scenario that kept popping in his mind, but he couldn’t believe it. He exhaled heavily when they stopped at a stop light. “Youngjae.” He looked at the omega. “What happened?”

The younger remained silent, staring out the window.

“Youngjae.” He repeated firmly. There was no way he was going to let him get away with this one. “Nothing.” The omega finally spoke. “What? Did he do something to you?” Jinyoung was ready to turn back around. “No.” Youngjae quickly answered.

Jinyoung looked at him confused, “Did you?”

“No.” Youngjae answered.

The beta was even more confused.

“It was neither of us.” Youngjae said, though it didn’t help Jinyoung’s confusion.

Jinyoung sighed, giving up. He’d have to wait until later to get the details. It was clear his friend wasn’t in the mood to talk. “So now what do you want to do?” He returned his foot to the gas petal when the light turned green. “There’s nothing to do. We have to go to the village. I know my dad wants us all there, right?” Youngjae said.

“You don’t’ want to talk to Jaebum first? Or come up with a plan?” Jinyoung quizzed. He did not like the idea of his friend coming to the village mated, while everyone was still in mourning. There’s a high possibility that things could end up going wrong, and Youngjae understood this.

“No.” Youngjae said anyway. “Let’s just go.”

“But-,”

“Don’t worry about me.” Youngjae cut him off.

Jinyoung sighed, giving in. “Let’s stop by Jaebum’s first, so we can return to the village together.” He said. Youngjae only nodded.

 

As soon as they arrived at the elder alpha’s apartment, he immediately sensed a change in Youngjae. He was ready to tear the other alpha apart, but Youngjae managed to calm him with a few words.

Though he managed to calm down, Jaebum was completely shocked and blindsided. He had no idea what to think. He wasn’t angry with the omega, though they were dating. Their dating status was only for the pack, and not necessarily romantic. But they did share a special bond, which was far different from their relationships with their other friends. However, he was still concerned for the omega. Things were going to change now that he was mated, especially with someone from their enemy pack.

 

They arrived at the village later that afternoon. “Hey…you guys are back, and you found Y…” Changkyun was the first one to greet them, he paused when he looked at Youngjae. He looked at the omega then at his cousin. He was scrunched his nose in confusion. “I’m going to my cabin.” Youngjae announced, walking away from the 3. “Do you want me to go with you?” Jaebum asked, about to follow him. “No.” was the omega’s short answer. Jaebum and Jinyoung looked at each other, sharing the same concerned expression.

The pack members turned to stare at Youngjae as he passed them. They all sensed something different from him.

His scent.

It was one of a mated omega. But they were confused when they didn’t see Jaebum with him.

Youngjae hated the attention, but bared through it any way, greeting everyone with a warm smile just as a dutiful future head omega would do, until he finally reached his cabin.

 

Kihyun popped his head from out his room as soon as he heard the front door open and close. His eyes lit up when he saw his older brother. “Youngjae!” He ran up to his brother and hugged him tightly. “I was so worried about you.” He squeezed him.

Youngjae’s heart sunk at his words. “I’m sorry.” He hugged his brother back. “It’s okay.” Kihyun pulled away. “I understand. You must’ve been so upset. I couldn’t even imagine how you felt when you saw…what happened.” Kihyun gave him a warm smile.

Youngjae felt his eyes sting. I’ve been a horrible brother. “I’m sorry.” He apologized again.

“Why are you still apologizing? I said-,” Kihyun scrunched his nose, stopping in the middle of his sentence. “Why do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter