I.

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sorry for the long wait. Life (aka my work) gets in the way. I already written 3/4 of this one shot since last week but I couldn't finish it bc of my tiring job. Sorry. 

You and I, we've been at it so long but still got the strongest fire


June 2019 


Jennie Kim was lazily drinking her coffee, watching as Lisa tried to cook ox blood soup or whatever it was. "Is that his favorite food?" Jennie asked, making Lisa wickedly laughed. 

 

"Nah, this is his least favorite food," Lisa answered and even have an evil grin on her face. Jennie frowned and shook her head. 

 

"Huh? So why cook it?" she asked and Lisa just shrugged her shoulders. 

 

"To piss him off, obviously," Rosé answered, entering the kitchen and wrinkled her nose, not liking the smell of the soup. 

 

"Correct!" Lisa excitedly answered and Jennie just sighed. Their maknae can really be childish sometimes. Well, her and that guy are both childish anyway. 

 

"Yah!" Jisoo shouted, gaining the attention of her members. "Did you read it?" she asked, looking at Jennie, making her members confused. 

 

"Read what, unnie?" Rosé asked, clearly not understanding what Jisoo is talking about. Jisoo just passed her phone to Jennie, who quickly skimmed the article, her eyes widening. 

 

"The !" she cursed, getting off her seat and quickly running out their apartment, leaving their maknae line confused even more and Jisoo sighing loudly. 

 

"This is bad. This is so bad," Jisoo muttered. 

 

Meanwhile Jennie run as fast as she could, not caring if sasaengs or fans recognized her. The , this is insane. She needed to reach that music studio fast. She exhaled loudly, finally reaching the said music studio, the guards looking at her weirdly, since she's still wearing her pajamas but she doesn't care. She forcefully pushed the door opened, and she felt so angry, seeing him sitting there, staring at his computer screen, a melancholic beat playing in the background. 

 

You and I, we still know how to talk, know how to walk that wire


"What the Kim Hanbin?!" Jennie shouted, angrily glaring at him. 

 

"Oh, Jen, you're here?" he calmly asked, standing up and smiling weakly at her. 

 

"I'm here? Of course I'm here! What the hell are you even thinking?! Are you crazy?! What was that post?! You're crazy!" 

 

"Jen, listen---" 

 

"No, you listen! How dare you do it! I bet Bobby and the others doesn't even know about it. I bet you just did it without talking to your members. You're crazy! How could you leave them! No, you don't have any right to decide that alone! How dare you Kim Hanbin! You didn't even think of the people you'll gonna hurt!" Jennie crossed her arms and her eyes widen when Hanbin grabbed her hand, enveloping her in an embrace. 

 

"Sorry. I'm so sorry. I did think, Jen. But..." he trailed off and Jennie forcefully pushed him away. 

 

"You didn't think. 'Cause if you did, you won't do this. You won't leave us. You won't..." Jennie glared, choking on her words as tears stream down her cheeks. She angrily wiped it away. 

 

"Jen, this is the best decision," Hanbin answered, wiping Jennie's cheeks. 

 

"It's not. We've been through a lot of scandals and rumors, Hanbin-ah. And we always survive it. So why do this? This is the worse decision ever. Remember? We've been through a lot. And you promised me! Ride or die, remember? It's always us. Don't do this. Please."

 

Sometimes I feel like the world is against me. The sound of your voice, baby that's what saves me. 


January 2019

 

"Wow, you didn't even told me that you're dating EXO's Kai? Wow, Jen, I'm hurt." Hanbin playfully stated, watching as Jennie rolled her eyes, sipping on her frappuccino. 

 

"Oh please, I introduced him to you last October, remember? We went to Lotte and watched a movie. And I clearly remembered you even asked for a selfie with him," Jennie answered, making Hanbin laughed. 

 

"Yeah, I remembered. I was your mandatory chaperone because Jisoo-noona isn't available, Lalice have her own date to go to and Chaeyoung is busy, right? It was so fun, tho. But I thought it was a one-time thing. So you were both seriously dating?" Hanbin asked, noticing how Jennie's mood changed, but before he could catch the meaning of her expression, she quickly pulled her ice princess mask, making her face blank of any expression, which only made Hanbin feel suspicious. 

 

"Yeah, it didn't work out, I guess," she answered, not meeting Hanbin's eyes and Hanbin knew there's more to it. Of course, they just announced this month that they're dating and a few weeks later, they broke up? Like they broke up yesterday? Suspicious. 

 

"Well, of course things doesn't work out if you don't make it work out, you know," he commented and he smirked when Jennie glared at him. Bingo. 

 

"I tried making it work, for your information, Kim Hanbin, it's just that, we're both busy and it was hard to even talk to him at least once a day," she retorted and Hanbin raised his two hands in defeat.

 

"Why so angry? I was just asking. And I'm not blaming you, Jen. I mean, I'm not part of that relationship so I wouldn't know what went wrong," he stated and sighed, watching as Jennie bowed her head down, her hair falling down the side of her face, hiding it, her shoulders gently shaking. He stood up and sat beside her, quickly checking the surroundings, and yeap, they're alone in this exclusive cafe. He gently wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Jen, I know you're strong. We both know how strong you are. But you can cry, you know. Cry, here with me. You don't even have to lean on me because I know you hate that, so just cry. If you needed someone to cry to, I'm always here, okay?" 

 

Jennie nodded and leaned on Hanbin's chest, her cries growing louder and Hanbin tried his best to appear nonchalant tho he's growing angry as she continued crying. He doesn't even know what happened, and he know Kim Jongin was a nice guy, but damn, he want to punch him right now.

 

She finally stopped crying after a few minutes and sit up straight, wiping her cheeks. "Thank you," she whispered, smiling at him, making Hanbin to involuntarily grabbed her hands, gently squeezing it. She looks so beautiful, her tear-stained cheeks, her glassy eyes, her red nose and puffy cheeks. So beautiful it hurts. 

 

"Anything for you, Jen," he seriously said, and Jennie's smile widen at that. 

 

When we're together I feel so invincible. 


November 2018


Kim Hanbin tried to keep a serious face as he watched Jennie danced to her song, Solo. He wanted to smile and show how proud he is of her but the room was full of YG staffs and their Sajangnim, he couldn't just grin there. Besides, people doesn't really know that they're friends and there's an absurd unwritten rule that they couldn't interact with each other when cameras are around. Granted, there's no cameras here, but still. 

 

So after the evaluation and everyone was already out, except for Jennie and some of YG crazy dancers, he approached her, smiling widely. "That was so cool! You finally got your solo. Congrats Jen!" But instead of smiling or matching his enthusiasm, she just nodded and excused herself, saying that she'll changed her clothes. 

 

"What's wrong with her?" Hanbin mumbled, watching her walk away. 

 

"You didn't know? There's a lot of hate comments going on that Jennie doesn't deserve this solo. Or that there's a special treatment or something. You know how haters are," Ahyeon, one of the dancers stated and Hanbin frowned at that. So there was an issue? 

 

Jennie's brows furrowed when she went out the restroom and saw Hanbin leaning on the opposite wall, seriously staring at her. "Hey, why are you so weak?" he asked and Jennie's eyes widen. 

 

"Excuse me?! What did you just said?!" she exclaimed in English, her accent showing, making Hanbin smirked. 

 

"Come on, Jennie Kim can be a lot of things but never weak. So stop that annoying gloomy face and show them what you got," he stated, approaching her and poking her cheeks, she angrily swiped it away. 

 

"I'm not making a gloomy face," she answered back, mainly because she doesn't know what to say. 

 

"You did. It looks so similar whenever I don't give Koma food. You have the same expression," he added and laughed, making Jennie annoyed and not-so-gently slapping his arm. 

 

"Stop it, you ugly monkey," Jennie said and Hanbin just continued laughing, casually draping his arm around her shoulders and started walking towards the elevator. Jennie smiled and gently poked his cheek. "Thank you," she whispered and Hanbin just grinned. 

 

"You know that you deserve this solo, right? So now, all you have to do is crush those charts away and show them how great Jennie Ruby Jane is," he commented and Jennie answered him with a smile and a nod. 

 

There'll be days, we'll be on different sides but that doesn't last too long. 


May 2017


"Are you crazy?! This song is so good. Stop saying that it's trash!" Jennie almost screamed, watching as Hanbin slouched on his swivel chair, Bday playing on the background, here in his music studio. 

 

"It's trash, Jen. Look, this was supposed to be our hope in coming back in Seoul, but it's trash." 

 

"Yah!" she shouted and threw an empty cup at him, making Hanbin glare at her.

 

"Its a beautiful, fun song so don't you dare say bad things about it. Bobby and you worked so hard for it, okay. So, this song won't get you back her in Seoul? Then send Sajangnim all your other songs until he finally let you promote her in Seoul. So simple," she explained, her arms crossed by her chest, but Hanbin shook his head. 

 

"You don't understand because right now, Blackpink is so successful and you're YG's favorite. You don't know how it feel to be called failure and saying that we don't belong in this company. You don't know how it feel to have concerts and shows in a foreign country almost everyday when all you wanted to do was perform in your own hometown. You don't understand, Jennie, why? Because you're his favorite--" he stopped and both their eyes widen when they realized what happened. Jennie slapped him. So loud, it makes his face turn the other way. 

 

"Don't you dare... I know you're angry but don't... I'm trying to be a friend here but you're impossible," Jennie said, glaring at him with tears in her eyes before she run out the studio, Hanbin regretfully watching her walk away. 

 

We find ways to get it on track and know how to turn back on. 

 

"Hey," Hanbin whispered, placing a cup of milk ice cream on the table, here in YG cafeteria, BLACKPINK watching him as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. 

 

"Wanna take a seat?" Jisoo asked and started to move but Jennie grabbed her, stopping Jisoo. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter