A Nightly Encounter

Why did you save me?

It was 2am.
Chanyeol was laying on his bed, facing the ceiling. He gave Baekhyun a mattress to sleep on, but he put it in the tiny living room.
"What the hell am I doing?", he thought to himself. He's been trying to sleep for approximately three hours, but he just can't get himself to close his eyes, no matter how hard he tried. There were too many thoughts conquering his head.
He decided to get up and go to the bathroom. As he tried to open the door, he noticed that this room was locked. He knocked on the door.
"Please go away", a sobbing voice replied.
"Baekhyun?"
"Just go."
"I need to take a piss. And this is still my apartment you're staying in."
Silence. Suddenly the sobbing has stopped. The only thing Chanyeol could hear while he pressed his left ear against the wooden door, were fast fingers typing something out.
"Who are you messaging?"
No answer. This had no use. He stepped away from the bathroom and sat down on his bed. He drove his fingers through his messy hair. He actually really had to take a piss. He grabbed his phone and decided to scroll through social media to kill some time, eventually Baekhyun had to leave the room, right?
The top post gained his attention. "Man in his 20s tried to accuse himself for murder, actually saves another man who got wrongly blamed", he muttered to himself. 
"What the ? How did this get public?" 
His train of thoughts got interrupted by the smaller man trying to sneak past him. He decided it would be best to just let him be and talk about it tomorrow morning.
After he finally got to urinate, he went to sleep.

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP"
Chanyeol woke up and rubbed his eyes. He reached over to his alarm to turn it off. The alarm read 8:30.
He rolled to the other side of bed and eventually got up. He opened his blinds and windows and a fresh breeze entered his tiny apartment. He made his way to the living room, still barely awake, and wanted to wake up Baekhyun. 

But he wasn't there.