What's his name?

Why did you save me?

 

It’s been two days. Chanyeol and his rescuer were both sitting in a small cell, it was dark, moist, and both of them were hungry.

“Why did you do this?”, the taller one whimpered.
“Because no one who’s innocent deserves to die.”
“Don’t say that, it was me. They told me it was me. I killed him. I accidentally took his life. I don’t deserve to live.”, he stopped talking as he started sobbing. The shorter one leaned closer and wiped his tears using his dirty sleeve. Chanyeol continued to sob uncontrollably.
“Listen to me- hey no, look me in the eyes. It was not you. Poison was found in Seungwoo’s drink.”

[Two weeks ago, Chanyeol and Seungwoo met each other at a night club. They were both mesmerized by each other and spent the time together. Many alcoholic beverages were poured and when Chanyeol went to the bathroom, a culprit put poison in the drinks of several different victims. Later that night, Seungwoo was found dead in Chanyeol’s flat. The Red Agents, responsible for executions of murderers, captured him just a few days later.]

“What?”, he stopped sobbing and lifted his head.
“The state’s police are still investigating, but are in contact with the Red Agents. They will let us go after we have been proofed innocent.”
“But why?”, the taller one responded, “why did you come here? We barely know each other, you could have been killed as well. Why in the hell are you doing this for me?”
“In this time of crime, we have to stick together. When I saw the news on TV, I remembered you, I remembered the adorable outfit you wore at the library, the way you bought me coffee because I was desperately tired from all that studying. You were so sweet, and I knew that you could have never been a murderer.”

Their conversation got cut short by three officers opening the door and walking down the hallway until they rapidly stopped in front of their cell, one of them sticking a key into the lock. Click!
“We apologize for the inconvenience. The murderer has been captured and will be executed shortly. You guys are free to go. And you, Mr. Byun, as you lied to the Red Agents of being the culprit. You will get a letter from us in the coming days.”
“Byun…”, Chanyeol thought. He tries to remember his full name, but it just won’t pop up in his head.