Olivia Hye + Gowon: Sick

Loona One Shots

Chaewon taking care of Hyejoo when she gets sick, but she doesn’t know is that the food that she made for Hyejoo is what is making her sick. But Hyejoo doesn’t tell her cuz she doesn’t want Chaewon to feel bad

Hyejoo gripped the collar of Sooyoung’s t-shirt, pulling her down closer to where she lay on the bed. Sooyoung stumbled forward but caught herself before she crushed the younger girl below her.

“unnie, please. I’m begging you!” the whine, barely a whisper, was frantically pushed out and Sooyoung winced at the crack of her voice.

The youngest of the two had spent the past three days bed-ridden and miserable. This was the first time she had some respite from the sickly feeling that took hold of her body. This was the first time where nausea didn’t grip her, forcing her to expend the little energy she had to rush to the toilet to expel the contents, or lack thereof, of her stomach. The lack of substance meant that pure gastric acid was all that was being brought up, it stung like hell resulting in a sore throat to make things even worse.

“what do you want me to do, Hyejoo?” there was an amused undertone to her voice that compelled Hyejoo to push her shoulder in frustration.

“I don’t know, Unnie. Think of something. Tell her I’m not here”

“yes Hyejoo. I’ll tell her that her bedridden girlfriend has left the dorm.” The older dancer rolled her eyes at Hyejoo’s antics. She didn’t understand why the younger girl didn’t just tell her girlfriend the problem, she for one thought it was hilarious.

“unnieee”

“just tell her Hyejoo.” The sharp quip of her reply brought tears to the sick girls eyes. Sooyoung’s eyes widened as she took in the state of the girl in front of her. She didn’t mean for it to come out as harsh as it did, and she should have known that in her weak state the girl was already sensitive. Breathing out a quiet curse under her breath, she climbed into bed beside the girl and pulled her into her arms. Rubbing circles into the other girls back, she stayed silent, knowing that Hyejoo just needed someone to be with her while she composes herself.

“I can’t tell her unnie, she’s too sweet and it’ll upset her. I can’t upset her, I can’t”

Gently hushing the girl, she continues to hold the girl. Even with Hyejoo crying in her arms she still finds the situation comical. Of course, she wouldn’t voice this especially with the girl in such a fragile state.

Hyejoo had come to Haseul and herself three days ago with complaints of a stomach-ache. Not long after, the two women were helping her clean up after vomiting all over herself. Questioning the younger girl of what she’d ate in the days preceding, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Until, Sooyoung relayed what had been said to herself. Chaewon had been let loose in the kitchen, and baked some cookies. Hyejoo, ever being the lovestruck sweetheart she is, was the only one who dared try anything Chaewon got within a foot of. The sickness shouldn’t have lasted as long as it has but when Chaewon found out that her girlfriend wasn’t well, she felt the need to take care of her. She continued to make food for the Hyejoo, and the girl kept eating it. The way Chaewon’s face lit up when she presented her with more food made Hyejoo’s heart burst from her chest. Hyejoo couldn’t bare to be the reason for that to disappear. Despite the fact that even a mention of Chaewon’s cooking made her nauseous, she never voiced anything.

The sound of soft footsteps approaching yyxy’s room had Hyejoo tensing in Sooyoung’s arms. Dropping a kiss to the top of Hyejoo’s head, she quietly wished her luck before brushing past the small blond who stood at the door. Stepping into the room, she pushed the door closed behind her. The smile that painted her faced slowly fell into a frown as she took in Hyejoo’s appearance.

“Joo? What’s wrong? Are you not feeling any better? Do you need something?” the slew of questions came fast and Hyejoo could barely keep up. Brushing off her cheeks using the duvet she braced herself for what was to come.

“yourfoodismakingmesick,” the only way Hyejoo could get the sentence out was to blurt it. Chaewon didn’t react, she just stood looking at her, the frown still etched on her face. Hyejoo wasn’t sure she heard her, opening to try and utter something similar again, she was promptly cut off. Laughter? The rhythmic giggle she’s so fond of filled the room. Hyejoo was confused, she’d just basically insulted her so why was laughing.

“Joo, you dork. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to hurt your feelings”

“You mean to tell me, that you ate all the things I made you for the past three days even when they made you more sick because you were afraid you’d upset me?”

Chaewon was met with silence.

“God, I love you so much you idiot.”

Suddenly the small girl was beside her. Chaewon wrapped her arms around Hyejoo’s waist and buried her face into crook of the taller girls neck. The girl dropped a soft kiss there, leaving Hyejoo with a maddening blush spreading across her cheeks like wildfire.

“Do you want me to text Haseul to ask her to make you something?”

A harsh rumbling sound echoed throughout the room answered Chaewon’s question as she separated from her dork to text their leader.