Purity Ring

The Idol Next Door

My older cousin (Donghyun) and I participated in a National TV survival show, unfortunately I was eliminated after the second ranking elimination. My cousin was quite famous since he was in a well-known second generation boy group while I was a nameless female idol under a small company. One day he texted to meet up since he had two days off from the survival show filming. They just finished their third mission. Mother also asked me to bring him some side dishes.


"You are seriously no fun. Why did you want to meet up at the training room. Get a fresh air GOSH", I whined on the phone. He abruptly changed his plan and asked me to go to his company training room. I used to go there as a trainee but only for several months.


"Just come. You are late", he answered curtly and hung up the phone. I huffed.


The view of the white building made you sighed under your breath. I walked weakly towards the training room and entered the wide open room while muttering "Yah Kim Donghyun. This is freaking sick--". But the view of several familiar faces made you standstill. They were in the middle of rehearsing their dance move when you interupted them. 


"Oh! S-sorry", you hissed and apologized before smoothly spun around, walking out of the training room like nothing happened. Darn it Kim Donghyun. At least warned me that you are not alone. He was giggling insanely and followed you outside after excusing himself.


"You are here", he teased you as he saw you raised your fist to hit him. 


"미치겠다 This is insane. Yah hurry tell me what is so important that you want me here. I need to get out. This is so embarrassing", I told him furiously using 반말 (informal speech). He flicked my forehead upon hearing that. Ouch.


"What's the rush. Aunty wants to give me that right? 고마워 (Thanks)", he eyed the huge plastic bag that I was holding. Without two think, Donghyun snatched the paper bag from my hand. I hissed in between my teeth.


"I'm going. You just wanna tease me don't you. So embarrassing", I was about to walked away sulkily but he stopped me.

"W-wait. I'm sorry. Actually--- I need a favor", he voiced up. I frowned upon hearing that.


"You know Jungha?", He said again. 


I frowned even more. 


"Yeah". Come on everyone knew him. His ranking rose up pretty drastic last mission. 


"What do you think of him?", he added again, going nowhere.


I sighed, "Oppa. Cut the crap. What's with him? Please don't tell the obvious because I kinda see where this is going. He better asked me to teach him sing even though he is a rapper". I was putting a lame joke.


Silence.


Did I said it too loud that my voice clearly echoed throughout the hallway. No. Tell me you close the door behind you Kim Donghyun. 


I glanced behind him and darn it the door was wide opened as before.


My cousin scratched his head. "If you allow, I'm gonna give him your number", he said bluntly. 


Again silence.


You stood there, gazing intensely into your cousin eyes. Your face was expressionless. 


"Seriously Oppa? Did you really have time to play cupid. --Let's talk later", I said and walked off the hallway leaving my cousin with guilt. We did promise each other to focus on our career and never to play hooky on a stupid love. That's why both of us always put on our purity ring.


"That's a NO then-", he mumbled.