A Soulmate that Changes.

Soulmate of a Vampire King.

HERE IT IS ENJOY :) sorry took so long beeen crazy busy with work T-T

 

 

 

It was late into the night but The Vampire King has brought Minho home. It is the first time Minho has been able to see the place properly since he had the refurbishment. When it was finally completed the two was no longer speaking. It is the first time the human has returned and they are not arguing they are not a boy and his guardian. Taemin is even holding his hand as he guides him through. Many of the vampires are noticing. It seems so new and yet the younger can still smell that mixture of wood from the old works. But he doesn't have long before the Vampire takes him outside. It is quiet and the younger dare not say anything as he is lead all way to way down to the very end of the gardens. An eventually Minho spots a gravestone. It as tall as he is. And it has writing that seems like latin. Or maybe even a whole other language altogether. Minho is looking at the gravestone he never knew was there. His eyes watch as Taemin sits in front of it. 

 

‘Sit with me’ He requests. ‘You may rest upon my side’

 

Minho sits with his back against Taemin’s side he is tired after all. The Vampire King sighs ‘I guess I should tell you about my true identity. My life. And how you and I are connected. How you have always been in my life. How you and I are connected through our souls’. 

 

Minho nods waiting. He closes his eyes. 

 

‘The first you, my first Minho. Oh he was my best friend. He meant the whole world to me. I was raised in a puritan camp. We were a proud community on such, we thrived, and there were many in our villages usually children and males. Only chosen elders mated with the women. They gave up their purity to provided for us. We as males often offered gifts to the Elders to provide us children. Who offered it to the spirits to watch over us. We gave animals. We gave fruit. We even gave creative carvings on stone like artwork. One night our village was attacked by bandits from a violent village. They stole our food. Our infants and children were taken as slaves. Our women to breed for them. They stole... purity.  My Minho had his stolen and was no longer a puritan. I too would have become one... but you...he... had tricked me into a net for our feed that day and I was trapped high up. None of the bandits found me. And so I was the only male puritan left. To lose your purity as a male not chosen as an elder was a disgrace in my village. Eventually our land began to die around us. My people were becoming sick with illnesses. Bandits from other places came by attacking us again and again. And so they sacrificed me to the spirits. I don’t know if the spirits made me this way to keep us alive. But I know not one person I have change has died. They have never been ill. But with every given sacrifice also came a curse. I lost daylight. I have not truly seen it in thousands of years. I cannot even remember what the sun felt like. What the world looks like bright. I only burned unable to witness it, and so, life is unbearable. I also could no longer eat food. I craved blood. I was a monster. But you were there, my first Minho. You stayed with me never afraid. You helped me live. Helped me learn to understand this curse. You was my donor. After 80 years you grew old and then one day... I no longer had you. I had the last drop of blood and I was alone’. 

 

Minho hears a short sniffle. He turns to look and then turns to where Taemin is looking. He is looking at the grave. He reaches over and squeezes the Vampire’s hand for him to feel safe to continue. 

 

‘Years went by and I grew to live within the changes of time. I lived through wars and breakouts like the plague. I figured out how to live a life how to change people and started building my palace. I had people who gave up their lives to work for me. And then one night after becoming the King of all those I changed. I met you again. You volunteered to be a donor and without knowing who I was. But I took you as my own. This time we became lovers. It was different to the last time. He has experience and I didn’t. Finally one night we decided to make love-’. 

 

Taemin goes quiet and pulls up his knees hiding his face. 

 

‘Everytime I see your face I see his… my Minho’. He chokes. ‘If I could go back. I would have never- never-’ 

 

‘What happened?’ Minho asks. 

 

Taemin becomes suddenly quiet. He hadn’t realised he was pouring out his story, like it had never been shared before. He was grieving but not in the way he had before. This was maybe even his biggest fear, he feared how Minho would respond.

 

‘Well?’ Minho asks, rather curious.

 

Taemin moves his face so Minho can see him and he pulls him into a hug. His hold is tight but he is seeking forgiveness almost. It is silent for the longest of seconds to Minho. 

 

‘I didn’t mean it’ the Vampire chokes. ‘It was an accident’. He lets Minho go and stands up, he is actually weeping. Minho looks up concerned. He grabs at the vampires leg. Wanting to know what made him weep now.  

 

‘What happened?’

 

‘I killed him’. Taemin confesses. ‘I killed you’.

 

Minho blinks, and slowly lets go of the Vampire. Taemin feels the loss. He looks to the stunned and shocked features of the male on the ground looking at the grave once again. 

 

‘How-’ He asks.   

 

‘It was an accident’. Taemin whispers. ‘I lost control. I let my hunger for blood take over me. I let my body do as it pleased. I still hear it. That snap. It echoes in my thoughts. I see it when I close my eyes’. He walks over. Hand against the grave. ‘He begged me to stop. Pleaded. And I wasn’t listening for my curse had the better of me. I cannot ever forgive myself. The same way you will not forgive me’. 

 

Minho’s eyes glower briefly and he stands up walking over and hugging Taemin from behind. 

 

‘He forgives you’. He whispers. 

 

‘How would you know?’. Taemin sniffles. ‘You never met him’.

 

‘I sense him. Both of them, I feel them, I know them.’ Minho touches the grave as his eyes glow brighter. The Vampire looks between the two. He cups the boys face as Minho’s eyes glow. ‘Minho? Your eyes? They are blue!’

 

Minho smiles. ‘Hi Taeminnie’.

 

Taemin gasps hands dropping and one going to his mouth in shock. Only the first Minho ever called him that. He grabs Minho’s face again. ‘Is it really you?’ He half smiles though his tears. ‘Are you my Minho?’  Minho blinks again eyes glowering brighter. His eyes begin to tear. But he cups Taemin’s chin and leans in to kiss him. A soft and loving kiss. A kiss he remembers. 

 

‘I forgive you’ He says, and Taemin sobs and drops to his knees. 

 

‘We are okay. We never left you. We will always be a part of you. Forever and ever’. The Vampire sobs covering his face. He cries full of emotions. ‘We came back… for you’. Taemin glances at the male. ‘We sent the perfect version of our form. This new one is us together’.  

 

Taemin sobs standing up. Minho moves his hand from the grave and his eyes twinkle back to brown. ‘Let me be your forever’. He asks. ‘Give your blood and make me eternal’.

 

‘I won't steal your life’. Taemin chokes. 

 

‘I will keep coming back into your life until you do’. 

 

‘Why would you do this’ Taemin asks. ‘Why would any of you want me? I am a Monster!’ 

 

‘Because we love you. We are your soulmate’. Minho eyes are blue again. ‘And we will protect you’.

 

Taemin shakes his head ‘No no you shouldn't have too, My curse is for me alone. I can’t share my suffering with you!’.

 

Minho looks hurt and as his eyes change back brown, he then collapses. The Vampire panics and shakes him. ‘Minho! Minho’ He can hear his beating heart. Two blue orbs seem to float from him as Taemin picks him up carrying him inside. He will place him in his room. Once the younger is placed on his bed, he has one of the donors who is a medical professional give him a drip. Taemin tucks him in and sits watching him sleep. 

 

Once Minho is given the all clear The Vampire King is in relief. He his head. ‘The thought of you never sleeping and breathing like this again. It terrifies me’. 

 

Minho opens very sleepy eyes. ‘But I love you’.

 

The Vampires feels his heart pound. ‘I love you more’.


 

~

 

The Vampire King walks the hallways. His heart and mind are fighting each other. He walks conflicted and then he halts at two people a distance away. He looks to Jinki who is holding lovingly his donors face. Jonghyun is crying. Taemin hides for a moment and listens. 

 

‘Please, I want to be with you’. Jonghyun says. ‘I don’t care about my future if you are not going to be a part of it’. 

 

Jinki shushes him. ‘I have to let you go Jonghyun. We can never be anything. I am a monster.’

 

‘NO!’ The donor hisses ‘You are not a monster. You’re the sweetest and kindest and most perfect person I have ever met’. 

 

‘But I-’

 

‘I choose my fate. I choose my destiny!’ Jonghyun snaps. ‘You cannot tell me what to do, I CHOOSE!’

 

Taemin feels his heart twang at them words. The similar words his Minho had spoken. It was true. He had spent his years going against his wishes. And it seems, so is one of his subjects. Suddenly Jonghyun is hitting Jinki with his tearful response. Over and over until Jinki has gripped his wrists and pressed his lips to the donor. It’s kinda sloppy. A little rushed and angry, but the two melt into each other and eventually Jonghyun is sobbing against him. Jinki sighs, and Jonghyun and he says something that has the Vampire King turn back to his soulmates room. 

 

‘If I live and die without you. Then I will make sure my reincarnations keep coming back until you finally accept me’. 

 

Jinki smiles and nods through his tears. ‘I know, you already have been’. 

 

~

 

Minho slowly opens his eyes from well needed sleep. He sits up confused to where he is at first. He isn't in his room. It's more like a cell. As he looks over he finds Taemin sat on a chair at the end of the bed. He looks up from his book. Minho half smiles and Taemin puts down the book and walks to sit on the bed. 

 

‘Taemin-’ The human now realises he is strapped down. He struggles, a little fearful. ‘What-’

 

The Vampire shushes him. ‘It’s okay, it’s for everyone's protection. Including you’ He leans in. ‘It will hurt’. He whispers. Minho frowns he has no idea what is going on. 

 

Taemin takes a deep sigh. ‘Breath one last time for me’. He requests. ‘I just need to hear it’.

 

The male takes a shuddering breath ‘What are you-’ 

 

Taemin leans in. ‘I want you to keep your eyes on me’. Minho locks eyes and nods. ‘No more sun’ The Vampire says. ‘No more food’ he closes his eyes. ‘No more sleep. Do you understand?’

 

The younger realises what is about to happen and nods. ‘I accept’. 

 

Taemin puts his own mouth to his wrist piercing the skin. Blackish deep red blood oozes and after a short pause Taemin places it as the humans mouth. Minho takes a drink. He more and more leaning up to take more. And his eyes glow blue. Taemin has tears in his eyes as he watches Minho drink. Then he lets go. The human lays back on his bed and closes his eyes. His breathing comes to a sudden halt. Taemin laps his wrist and steps away. He lets a few tears fall as he starts to count. 

 

1…2...3...4...5… … come on… 6...7… 8-

 

Minho hisses, sitting bolt right up, a few restrains snap but the ones on his wrist and ankles don't. He looks at Taemin who is completely baffled. He looks Minho up and down. ‘That’s not possible’ He speaks. ‘That’s not possible’. 

 

The male attempts to stands hissing like he should, desiring the thirst for blood. He manages to snap one chain on his hand and half jumps at Taemin but the Vampire King grabs him by the neck, his eyes locked with Minho to control him. But there is something very different with his transformation. Taemin can feel it on his palm. The flow is there. He hears it. He smells it. Minho’s heart is still beating. His blood still fresh and moving

 

Minho blinks his blue eyes. His destiny has only just began.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I FINALLY UPDATES SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG. :( Work is so short staffed that I'm working way longer than I need too. I'm in everyday this week Mon to Sun T-T thanks for waiting.  xxx