Nine

Soulmate of a Vampire King.

Hi, sorry for taking so long ive been mega busy and changing from one job to another. I hope to find free time soon and the motivation. AlthoughI am updating. I dont feel this is my best work. I felt like I was talking too much rather than discritpive. But I do not know when I can update next so I hope so soon. If I decided to edit this chapter I will let you know. 

 

 

 

Taemin walks the hallways. He is calm and collected. Within his hands he carried a plate of raw meat. With each step, he wanders down into the deepest part of the palace, and enters into his area of a secret training ground. He hears a hiss. Taemin takes a few footsteps towards the cell. He treads carefully and walks over to reveal that of his soulmate. 

 

Minho is suffering. Oh how he is suffering. Since the transformation didn’t go in the way Taemin had ever thought or planned. He is facing a dilemma. Minho and blood. He desires blood as any vampire should do. And yet because his own body has a beating heart and blood that is circulating through him he has tried for it. The first few days Minho had attempted to bite his own arms. To prevent him from doing so, Taemin took measures by placing a cone over his head like an animal. He also had strapped gloves to the ends of Minho’s t-shirts so he could not bite at his fingertips. 

 

The male has also been hissing like an animal and has yet to come back to his human-like senses. But The Vampire King learnt very soon that Minho cannot drink bagged blood. Nor take from humans. Jonghyun had even been down offering and Minho turned away after throwing it back up. So Taemin is confused. He tried him tasting a vampires blood too. But after a small le he choked it up and hid away. So now he is trying food to see if the human side is craving. Minho wont eat cooked food he learnt that yesterday. 

 

‘Minho how about we try this food today?’

 

Minho sniffs as he looks over. ‘Food?!’ 

 

‘Yeah’ Taemin steps inside the cell and Minho who is sitting on the ground looks towards him. ‘I hope this works because I really don't want you to starve to death’.

 

Minho leans in as the tray is placed in front of him. He opens his mouth allowing Taemin to feed him some of the raw meat. He chews, thinks, then swallows and Taemin is hopeful then Minho throws it all back up again and Taemin sighs defeated. Getting up the Vampire throws the raw food dish across the room.

 

Minho flinches in surprise and cowers into his corner.

 

‘WHAT DO YOU WANT!’ 

 

‘You!’ Minho speaks 

 

‘You have me! I’m giving us a go! What do you want to eat! What can I feed you!!’ The Vampire King snaps angrily. ‘I need you to eat!’

 

‘Blood’ Minho whines.  

 

‘Minho I can't help you if you don’t help me’. The Vampire leans closer. ‘You need to feed- you don't want to feed. You want food but food isn’t good enough. What can I do! I changed you so I didn’t lose you, but right now if this carries on you’re as good as dead!’ Taemin is now a little tearful. He wraps Minho in his arms. Minho starts banging his head at the cone begging it be removed. Taemin lets go. He then kneels before Minho, eyes locked so he can control him to calm down. But his other lessons don't seem to matter since Minho doesn't crave the humans as he should. So Taemin looks down completely broken. He closes his eyes and tunes in to Minho’s beating heart. He is both happy and sad to hear it. Minho’s breaths are also heard and Taemin looks to his wrist. He pauses a moment then bites his own wrist. ‘Maybe you just need a little more to complete your transformation’. 

 

Minho starts sniffing lips as Taemin brings his wrist to his mouth. Minho les gently. He seems content and Taemin realises he is actually feeding. The Vampire King keeps it going a little while, waiting to see if it helps. Or if he changes. He again tunes into the beating heart. He wonders if it will stop. But it doesn't change when Minho detaches. He looks at Taemin who looks down at his wrist. 

 

‘So… you can only feed from me I guess’. It gives some relief to him. At least Minho is feeding now. ‘Thank goodness I don't have to do that with every other vampire’s’. 

 

Minho bangs at his cone again and Taemin finally removes it. ‘If you try to bite yourself again I will put it back on!’ Minho pouts. The Vampire King his face. ‘You scared me’. He takes his gloved hands. ‘You know I hate worrying about you’. 

 

The half human leans in closer and his eyelashes flutter. Taemin finds himself cleaning him down and eventually kissing him. But Minho suddenly tries to latch on his neck and the Vampire King is knocked back. His eyes contact control over the male to remain still as he is ready to pounce. Despite his desire to feed. Taemin is always prepared. Minho slowly backs down and sulks.

 

‘No more Minho, you have had enough today’. 

 

Minho closes his eyes. He flinches a sudden moment and when they open they are blue. Taemin sees it and laughs with annoyance. ‘Don’t you dare’. 

 

The half human smiles and then he is back to brown. 

 

~

 

Days pass by. Then weeks. The training to control his hunger is so different to how Taemin had ever done before. Today Yoogeun is there. Minho is feeding from Taemin’s wrist again. Taemin had managed to plan out a rota for his feeding. He is getting better. Much better than Vampires before. He guesses it due to only desiring one type of blood. 

 

‘I can’t believe he likes the taste of that yuckie black blood’. 

 

‘Hey!’

 

‘I remember the after taste it was horrible. Lingered in my throat for weeks’. 

 

‘That’s because you was transforming Yoogie’. 

 

The adult child sticks his tongue out. ‘Still, have you taken him outside yet?’

 

‘I would rather not watch him burn thankyou’. 

 

‘What! We all had to experience it!’ 

 

‘Minho is different’. The Vampire King was brushing Minho’s messy hair. And now the mix breed is feeding. Yoogeun steps a little closer. 

 

‘Is it really his heartbeat I can hear?’

 

‘Yeah, I don't understand it either!’ 

 

‘Have you tried it? Is his blood human or vampire? You should try it’

 

‘No’.

 

‘Try it!’. 

 

‘No thankyou, it will taste disgusting’. 

 

‘How do you know?’. 

 

‘Because when I first changed a Vampire I tried it... and I will never ever again, in my whole existence taste that vile blood again’. Taemin shudders the thought. ‘He isn’t human so it cannot be nice’.

 

‘What if his is different? A little spicy’.’ 

 

Taemin is quiet, he thinks, then shakes his head ‘Why are you here?’

 

‘I came to see my Dads’. 

 

‘Well you saw us now go’. 

 

‘Dads?’ Minho asks, ending his feed. Taemin pulls his arm back and covers it.  

 

‘You still haven't told him yet?’ Yoogeun is disappointed. ‘Tell him!’ 

 

‘It’s not the right time’. 

 

‘Tell me?’ Minho asks. 

 

‘Fine Yoogeun was my and your last reincarnations adopted child’. 

 

Yoogeun grins. Minho looks between the two. ‘So I am -?’

 

‘Well you look like my dad, and you sound like him. Just look a little young’. 

 

‘He’s young enough to be your great great something grandchild. You’re father was your father leave this one alone’. 

 

‘Mean’ Yoogeun pouts. 

 

Minho looks to the side and his eyes are now suddenly blue he smiles. ‘Taemin’. 

 

‘Oh don’t start blue eyeing me right now!. You two have a lot of explaining to do! Are you gonna explain!’ 

 

The half human frowns. ‘Don’t be mad’. 

 

‘I am furious!’

 

‘You have us for life’. 

 

‘Do I?’ Taemin seems frustrated. ‘You’re not even a full vampire. You’re still human, but likes blood!’ He sighs ‘And yet only my blood. I wasn’t prepared for this!’’. 

 

‘Yoogie’ Minho calls ‘Come to Papa’

 

Yoogeun is still. Eyes wide a little teary. Taemin looks over and curses. ‘Yoogeun his eyes are blue again, it’s the others. It’s Papa’’.

 

The boy vampire rushes over wrapping Minho in his arms. He starts crying. ‘Papa… why did you leave me’. Taemin lowers his head in shame but it shoots back up and glares at Minho’s response. 

 

‘Your father was just too much for me in the bedroom.’

 

But Yoogeun laughs. ‘Gross’ He looks at Minho ‘Will I see you again?’

 

‘Whenever you need me’. 

 

The small vampire smiles. ‘I missed you. I’m glad you came back’. 

 

‘This younger me will love you just as much as me. Take care of him’. 

 

‘Of course I will’.

 

Minho pinches his cheek an action only that Minho did. Yoogeun hugs him again as Minho’s eyes change he looks at Yoogeun and smiles back. ‘I remember you now’.

 

‘As if anyone could ever forget me’. The little vampire grins he then moves away. ‘I seriously wanna bite you so i’m gonna move away now. I hope father lets you out soon. Your recovery is much faster than ours’. 

 

Minho looks at Taemin lips.

 

‘No… you have fed. More tonight but none now’.

 

‘But you taste so good’. Minho pouts. ‘I want to taste you, and you all over!’

 

‘Eww’ Yoogeun gags as he is leaving. Once out of sight Taemin leans in to smell Minho’s neck. He shudders ‘How can you smell so fresh and delicious. He his lips ‘May I Try?’. 

 

Minho shrugs. 

 

Taemin turns his head up latching. He punctures and tastes a little. He shudders more ‘Oh my’.He drinks a bit more. Then he pulls back lapping the skin with his healing tongue and smiles. ‘So… wanna be my donor?’

 

Minho smiles ‘Sure thing Donor’.


 

~

 

Taemin finally decided to test Minho outside. Before the sun rose Taemin took him to a pole and bound him. He chose to use rope so the flames would break it and he can run inside. Watching from the shadowed doors and windows everyone is watching. It’s almost a little excitement. Vampires explaining to their donors. As the sun reaches him.. Minho is nervous. But as the shadow moves from protecting him. Nothing happens. 

 

‘That is so not fair!’ Yoogeun whines eventually.

 

Taemin realises he must go out and release him. As he walks out he catches alight like he always had. He hurts but he rushes to Minho his burning hands snap the rope and Minho grabs his hands. Taemin tries to pull him back but Minho wont move. 

 

‘Taemin’

 

‘We have to move quickly’.

 

‘But look..’

 

‘Minho I don’t have time to-’

 

‘You stopped burning’.

 

Taemin halts he looks back at the palace where shocked reactions meet him. He looks to his hands and forgot how they looked in daylight. He lets one go to touch his face. The heat he felt was the sun. Minho hugs him his eyes shimmering blue. ‘Welcome back to daylight’ He smiles ‘Did you miss the sun?’

 

Taemin weeps. ‘So much’. It had been so long.

 

Yoogeun is suddenly running over he too catches alight he grabs Minho’s hand and it goes. He is helped up into a hug.As long as Minho keeps hold of them they are safe. 

 

But it seems some other vampires have realised this and are now running outside to touch Minho. To feel the sun. He becomes surrounded and those who cannot hold begin to flame. Taemin eventually orders them back and they all rush inside. Minho picks up Yoogeun who had been pushed aside and is in pain. He is threatening under his breath to push whoever pushed him over into the sun and lock the door. 

 

‘Can someone explain why he is different?’ One vampire asks as they return inside.. 

 

‘We don’t know.’ Taemin responds. ‘He is unique. Now go away he is mine and if I see any of you try to touch him again I will have your feeding from the bags. 

 

Some vampires hiss in repulse. 

 

‘I would drink any of those bags if I could feel the sun again’. One sighs. ‘Can we please one day just spend a moment in the sun. Even if it’s only for one whole minute.’. 

 

Taemin looks to the vampire. He is one of the eldest there. He looks sad. He was Taemin second ever changed. He nods. ‘I may let you borrow him on a special birthday for a few minutes. The Vampire lights up and Taemin turns to Minho. ‘Now you, come here’. 

 

He leads Minho upstairs to the balcony that they often sat on during the night. Or where Minho would sleep against Taemin. He grabs hold of Minho’s hand and looks around. ‘I want to see the view’. 

 

Minho leads him outside. Taemin in awe of the view around his home. It’s beautiful and there are areas he never knew existed in the light. He laughs though his joy. He turns to Minho and hugs him. ‘Thankyou… thankyou for giving me back the sun’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please leave a comment ChoiGiGi also let me know what you exspect from this story or at least an end?