Macebearer in the Storm

Cosmic Girl, Starry Sky
511054.png

[Day 1, Night]

Three figures laid on the ground, their backs leant on the walls of an incredibly steep canyon. The sound of deep breaths echoed the space inside the valley.

We were exhausted, black soot dirtying our hands and the sleeves of our suits. However, our morale was at an all-time high.

Comparing between our inventories, it looks like we’ve collected more Nysterium than we’d ever need from this harvest; more than a hundred bars for each of us!

I could make more than a dozen utility modules and weapons from it using just my all-purpose tool alone, right now. Imagine what I could get from a dedicated forge!

With that in mind, I decided to save everything I had for when I get to visit one. After sorting my inventory, I stood up and turned to glance at the two people beside me.

“Looks like we struck gold this time, at least where early game is concerned.” I commented.

“It was a ton of hard work, but it’s worth it.” Echoed the taller one, dusting off her suit.

Putting away a piece of Nysertium, Eunseo continued, “They might need other materials to make the advanced stuff from this thing, so we should be prepared for that.”

“I could really use a break right now!” Yeoreum added. She stretched her arms and body, examining the grime on her hands. “I think I’ll wash up at the stream nearby.”

Oh, right. I realized that my arms weren’t clean either. Even Eunseo’s could use some washing up.

“Count me in.”

“Me too.”

The three of us left the wide clearing and went back to the canal we saw on the way here.

We returned to a narrow channel, not enough water flowing through it to become a river by any means. Still, the water was clear, and there was enough of it around for us to clean the soot off our hands.

As for the suits… Well, I’ll just have to wash mine with the laundry machine in my ship after.

As the sun approached the horizon in Kremur Falls, we had to be more careful walking through the canyon, with limited visibility especially through the narrower pathways.

However, a warning appeared on my HUD:

‘Warning, Incoming Hazardous Severity Sandstorm Detected’

‘Long-term Exposure may cause damage to shields and ships.’

‘Protection granted by Shield Extension v2.2. Time remaining: 03:00:00’

“Uh oh,” I exclaim.

Our ships may be protected, but we aren’t!

“Let’s get outta here.” Eunseo said as she moved through the path, without wasting any time.

As we followed her through the canyon floor and crawled out of its entrance, I could hear the rumble of the sandstorm in the distance.

All three of us hurried into our own ships, stationed nearby, and began the takeoff process. We haven’t unpacked a lot of things for the camp, so it didn’t take long for us to lift off the ground and fly away from the storm.

The three of us took to the skies, observing the cloud of dust coming from the horizon grow bigger and more menacing by the second.

“I’m glad that we got the warning module for our systems, KC.” I heard Yeoreum’s voice through the transmission channel.

“Yeah,” I agreed. Directing my question to the other participant, “I saw the warning on your system as well, Eunseo. Where did you get yours?”

“It’s given out as standard issue to the guards and volunteers. Chao’s jet eruptions count as environmental hazards, after all.” She explained.

“Job benefits, huh.” I pondered.

As the Wandering 14 rose over the blanket of dust covering the arid landscape, I brought up my systems window and checked the log.

System: ‘Oxidised Canyon (Medium)’ recorded center-east of Kremur Falls.

System: Academium Prestige increased by 1.

System: Nysertium deposits recorded in canyon formation on Kremur Falls.

System: Academium Prestige increased by 1.

Gaining Prestige freelance didn’t tie me down anywhere, but I had to get everything myself. Looks like everything’s balanced out, from what I can see.

Anyways, thanks to the warnings earlier, we were able to avoid getting caught up in the sandstorm. The harsh winds would have eroded our shields and we’d lose our way in the poor visibility, not to mention the rocks or boulders it would hurl in our faces!

At a safe altitude, I suggested to the team to fly around the sandstorm and move away from its path of travel. The two members agreed, and we traveled across to the right of where the winds were coming from.

Looking down from the window, I could see the raging waves of sand drift across the Falls. Currents of the storm enveloped the towering formations that stood unwavering against them.

None of the drones we saw earlier were around, probably having already hidden away from where the sand could reach. As I saw the arcs of lightning sparked within the dust clouds, I immediately understood why.

The winds were uprooting everything they could reach; shrubs, trees, ruins of buildings and derelict machines, and innumerable wildlife that didn’t make it into their shelter in time.

Among them were fearsome monsters with gaping jaws of long, sharp teeth and equally terrifying claws. Still, in the face of this disaster, they stood just as little a chance of fighting back as the others.

“Hold on,”

Over in the distance, I saw a couple of beasts in the distance in front of us, trying their best to outrun the sandstorm that was quickly approaching them.

!!

It was a humongous scorpion, encased in an incredibly dense carapace of desert yellow armour. Its thick legs ran across the ground as quickly as they could, pausing only to allow the monster to knock incoming obstacles out of its way with its powerful, threatening claws.

Where a poison-tipped tail should be, a large, dangerous mace instead formed the end, its spikes occasionally glistening in the light.

On its back were six smaller scorpions, shells a lighter shade of beige, holding on to the larger one with all their might.

Carrying its young?

“…No!”

The mother missed a step, twisting her body as she fell sideways onto the ground.

That few seconds was all it took for the powerful winds to reach them.

The storm swept her off her feet, leaving her helpless as her giant body tumbled along.

The smaller scorpions, thrown off during the fall, were blown even further away by the currents, little in the way of resistance.

No, no, no…!

The monsters didn’t realize how bad their situation was. Several hundreds of metres away on our right was a crevice that ran deep into Nillon’s earth.

I could barely see the bottom of the ravine it opened up to; no animal their size will survive such a great fall.

Tossed about by the intense wind, both the large scorpion and its young were being thrown straight in the direction of the ravine, with only a minute or two before their fall.

“Girls,” I spoke into the transmission, “I think I’ll have to do something about this.”

“What is it?” Yeoreum replied. The Indignant 11 was flying behind our other two ships, so we might have blocked her view.

“Those monsters, right?” Eunseo caught my intentions. However, she disagreed.

“The children are twice our size, and there’s no way the mother can fit in any of our ships!”

“But the hatches are big enough for the children, right?”

“Yes, but how are we going to save them?”

The larger scorpion barely held onto the ground, while the smaller ones have long since left her side.

“Get your ships in place so that the wind will throw the smaller ones through the door! I’ll do something about the mother!”

“How do you know they won’t attack us on sight?”

This time, it was Yeoreum who interjected.

I didn’t have a sound argument to counter her words, but…

“…Just trust me on this one, Yeoreum.”

I asked of her.

“If this goes south, it’s all on me.”

After a second of hesitation,

“…Alright.” Her approval came through the ship transmission. “So what’s the plan?”

“Two for each of us?” Eunseo suggested.

“I’ll get the three of them that’s still holding on to each other,” I explain, indicating the lighter coloured scorpions on my ship HUD. “You’ll get the one that’s flung further away from the rest, Yeoreum.”

Our three spaceships split up in the sky and accelerated to their own positions, once we confirmed the plan.

The Wandering 14 approached a point a distance away from where the mother scorpion was. I could see that the three of the young blown in my direction. They linked up together through their pincers and tails, as if swearing not to let go of one another in this crisis.

The Virtuous 08 soared further onwards, while the Indignant 11 turned back and chased after the single young scorpion that strayed away from the rest. My ship sensors confirmed that we’ll have the opportunity to save all six of them in time.

“Think you can hold the course stable for me, Wandering?” I spoke into the controls of my ship.

A series of beeps and clicks returned, indicating a good estimate of successfully undertaking the task I assigned it.

“That’s all I need,” I felt a little smile on my face as I left the bridge, the ship’s controls switching to automatic guidance.

Just like Yeoreum this afternoon, huh.

Getting ready to open the hatch, I contemplated about my tendency to save other people (and things) in danger.

One, two…

“Three!” I released the lock on my exit doors and let the metal guards loose.

A heavy gust of wind instantly assaulted the inside of my ship, along with an insane amount of coarse particles grinding against my shield.

‘Long-term exposure to particulate streams may deplete shield levels.’

The system warning appeared on my HUD. This sandstorm would really have screwed us over!

Trying to clear a view through the storm was difficult, even with the Hazard Shield keeping the dust from reaching my eyes.

“Where are they?” I spoke to myself.

My ship tiled suddenly and spontaneously, trying to right itself in this heavy storm. I clung to the rim of the exit to keep my balance.

Through the currents of brown and yellow, I kept my eyes peeled and stance ready.

In an instant, a flash of white zoomed across my view.

Now!

The Wandering 14 jerked yet again, a heavy thump against its hull shaking it off balance.

Immediately after, the ship tilted in such a way that I had to climb an incline to get to the exit.

I got out of the hatch and saw the mass of white and dark brown latched onto the ship, a few metres away from where I was.

The three beige scorpions, each one larger in size than my body, held firmly on the ship’s hull, in a precise angle that allowed them to move without being thrown off by the sandstorm.

The ship intentionally tilted itself so that this could happen.

However, that didn’t mean that it could block the particles from chafing against their shells or damaging the force field surrounding me. My shield levels started dropping quickly.

“Over here!” I motioned to the three monsters who were still recovering from the shock of the impact.

I had no idea if my intentions got across.

There was nothing I knew about these guys that told me whether they were hostile or not, after all.

All I had on me was trust in their intellect… as well as the instinct of survival that guided the senses of every living thing I knew.

The nearest one of the three looked at me with hesitation, not moving an inch from where it was.

The winds continued to blow, and my ship started to shudder. Autopilot was barely keeping the ship upright against the heavy storm.

“Come on!” I scream.

The reluctance in its eyes wavered, then it shot me a glance with a ferocity that resembled its mother.

Atta boy.

Step by step, the monster crawled across the hull of the Wandering 14 and headed in my direction.

It extended its pincer forwards, and… reached out to me.

I took the end of his claw and gripped it with my right hand, smiling.

“I’m not going to pull you over here myself, friend!” I motioned them to come over, “One of you is already too heavy for me!”

Understanding the message I was trying to convey, the three of them began to scuttle through the metal plates of the hull, a link between the front’s tail and the back’s pincer all the while.

Turbulence rocked the ship once again, causing us to stagger. However,

“Now!”

What came next was a sorely-welcomed gap in the storm, a chance encounter with a weaker current.

Not missing the opportunity, the three scorpions ran as fast as they could and threw themselves in my direction.

I ran back into the ship’s interior space before the weight of their bodies could crush me.

With several crashing sounds, I saw the three monsters tumble and squeeze through my ship’s hatch, knocking over several storage boxes and hitting their bodies against the utilities that were more permanently affixed to the ship.

The Wandering 14, having completed its task, straightened itself and immediately pulled up out of the storm.

Only when we were well away from the strong winds that ravaged the dry lands, did I manage to recover my senses.

Looking around inside the ship, I could see sand and soil cover every wall, floor and installation in my weaponry room and crew quarters.

Not much of the dirt reached the bridge for some reason, but I’d rather it didn’t.

The three scorpions also propped up their bodies, trying to position themselves in the ship. Their blundering frames filled pretty much half of its space; one took up the entirety of the crew quarters, while the other two barely made themselves comfortable in the weaponry compartment.

They began to realize where they were and turned to look at me, six pairs of eyes trained on my figure without moving.

“…We’re fine now.” I began, “I’ll do my best to get you to your—”

Oh, crap.

I realized what I forgot.

Without finishing my sentence, I practically flew into the bridge and initiated the targeting system from the controls.

“Is the mother fine, Wandering!?” I yelled into the board.

A second later, a red reticule appeared on my HUD, corresponding to where the larger scorpion’s position was.

Looking down on the right from the ship, I could see her still being swept along with the gust, powerless to resist as she rapidly approached the deep ravine.

I thought to ask how Eunseo and Yeoreum were faring, but that will have to wait for later.

It won’t be ten seconds before she falls!

Looks like I’ll have to do that thing after all.

Flooring the controls and maxing out the engine’s output, I hurled my ship in the direction of the large scorpion.

Six seconds passed as I reached where she was, and came once again under the assault of the sandstorm’s winds.

Five, four, three…

I accelerated past her position and went over the overhang of the ravine.

Two…

Turning around,

ONE!

I rammed the front of the ship into the large scorpion’s body and continued to push against it with my boosters.

I felt the incredible weight of the gargantuan monster press itself against my ship, the hard, spiky shell of her armour covering the entire view of my cockpit. It took almost everything I had to barely keep her from falling into the depths of the ravine.

I heard several high-pitched screeches from behind my seat: It was the smaller monsters, letting out a reaction that resembled shock.

“She’s gonna be okay, guys.” I assure the children of the monster I was trying to save.

Of course, things weren’t going to play out that well.

Just as I managed to see the storm in front of us, several boulders and metal fragments were hurled in our direction.

If they didn’t kill the giant scorpion or break the cockpit of my ship, they may well throw us off course and lead the monster in front of me to her death.

I couldn’t get my weapons ready in time.

Looks like I’ll have to push her away and dodge at the last second…!

My hands on standby on the ship controls, I braced for the window of opportunity that would come when the debris blocks and weakens the wind from the storm.

However,

“BOOOMM!”

Optical projectiles of white and blue rained down from the skies and shattered the rocks and metal closest to us, rendering them unable to harm us.

Who was it?

I looked up into the atmosphere and saw a sleek, white-grey spaceship fly away after completing its volley on the sandstorm debris.

The Indignant 11!

“Thought you could use some help on your end, KC!” The voice of its pilot sounded in my transmission channel.

“Oh my God,” I exclaim. “You just saved our lives, Yeoreum! Thank you!”

The adrenaline that rushed to my head from the situation still hasn’t left, keeping my heart beating at a crazy pace.

“No problem,” She replied. “Eunseo unnie’s keeping the sparks at bay as well.”

The sparks?

I looked further into the sandstorm. The arcs of lighting from before were there, more threatening that ever at this distance.

However, rather than randomly sparking everywhere, the lighting looked like it was congregating into a single point in the sky, as if being attracted by something.

Where all points of the electric sparks converged… The brown figure of the Virtuous 08 hovered in place.

Below its reddish-black cockpit, the lightning arcs conducted into the ship through a white and yellow rod extended from it.

Having drawn the sparks to itself, it effectively prevented them from spreading to our position and potentially harming us.

As I maintained my on the larger scorpion in front of me, I contacted the ship through my transmission.

“What is that lightning rod, Eunseo?” I asked her.

“It’s just that: The Lightning Rod!” She replied,

“It’s my daily login bonus from today! It was meant to collect energy from thunderstorms, but I never thought I’d use it like this instead!”

“What a coincidence,” I sighed. “Guess it really came in handy this time, huh?”

Without an answer, the Virtuous 08 continued to move across the sandstorm to pull any spark of lightning generated by the dust clouds towards it.

Yeoreum continued to shoot at rocks and metal fragments that were blown in our direction.

Under the protection of the two girls, I held myself and the larger scorpion in place at the edge of the cliff, stabilizing against the intense winds.

About half an hour of intense struggling passed until the sandstorm finally left the area, bringing a peaceful silence back onto the land.

---

As I gently pushed the giant scorpion away from the crevice and onto safe flat ground, I breathed a sigh of relief.

The high stakes of the operation left me tired, and I could imagine it taking a toll on Eunseo and Yeoreum as well.

There was little damage to my ship, and the monsters I saved didn’t look too injured either.

Finishing the shield diagnostics, I spoke into the transmission channel.

“Everything okay on your side, girls?”

“Aside from some crazy acrobatics this ship could barely keep up with, I’m fine.”

“Nothing wrong on this side either, KC. This guy’s calmed down as well.”

The two of them reported, no indication of anything that required further attention.

“Let’s land next to the mom and get her children out.” I suggest. My proposal met no objections, and we steered our ships to land nearby where the giant scorpion-like monster lay, arranging them in a formation similar to the previous one near the canyon.

I left my ship and met the girls outside. After confirming that the disaster has passed, the younger, beige-coloured scorpions came out of our ships as well.

“Did the young ones cause any trouble for you?” I asked.

“Not really, the two I saved looked pretty concerned about their siblings, urging me to return to where their mother was.” Eunseo responded.

“I had to calm the one with me down,” Yeoreum added, “It was… crying? Bawling because it was separated from the rest.”

Resolute, worried, sad; these monsters showed variation in their personalities as well.

We followed them as they crawled over to their mother. The six of them went up to her face and picked at it lightly with their claws. The gentleness in their nudging told me that they were fearing the worst.

“Wow.” I couldn’t help but sigh, “If I messed up, I don’t think they’d ever let it go.”

A little guilt bubbled up in me.

“But you didn’t,” Eunseo reassured me, “And that’s what matters.”

The giant scorpion responded to the worries of its young with a relieved chirp. It must have feared for their lives as they feared for hers.

After a few more clicking sounds, the seven of them turned to look towards us.

The eyes of these beasts were emotionless, like most compound eyes were.

However, within them, I saw… gratitude.

From their gazes, I could tell that they were thankful that we saved their lives.

I maintained eye contact with the mother and nodded.

No problem.

I turned to look at our three ships again. Dust and scratches smeared their casing, but nothing was bent out of place.

“KC,” Yeoreum pulled on my suit, “It looks like the mother wants to take us somewhere.”

“Oh?”

She motioned with her head for us to follow them.

As soon as she got our attention, her and the younger scorpions began to burrow into the dry soil and disappeared out of our sight.

“Wait, where are they going?” I exclaim. “How are we supposed to know where they are?”

“I think we’ll have to get back on our ships and use the sensors to track them.” Eunseo suggested.

“…I think they know about the targeting mechanism after I used it earlier, to show the two children with me where their mother was.”

“Alright, let’s go.”

We rushed back to our ships, completed the takeoff procedure and headed for the skies.

Screening the ground with the tracking system, I saw the signatures of the seven monsters a few metres underground, already far off into the distance and moving at a rather high speed.

As we continued to trail after them, I thought about how the three of us interacted with the seven scorpions. They understood that we were going to help them, thanked us and now telling us to follow them.

Perhaps their intelligence was what I put my trust in when I first brought up the plan; I was betting on their willingness to cooperate with us.

“Can you tell me about these monsters, Uzzu?” I asked the guide mascot.

“These animals are called Schor Tabem, Astronaut.” Appearing out of thin air, it went on to explain.

“Inherited from what the native inhabitants used to call them, it means ‘Sandtrap Macebearer’.”

“While far from being the largest and most dangerous monster on Nillon, the Schor Tabem nonetheless remains feared by the planet’s people to this day. Despite its large size and heavy armament, it tunnels very quickly underground and leaves cunning traps to capture prey and ward off assailants.”

A terrifying predator, huh? I’m glad we didn’t get on their bad side, at least.

We continued to follow them for a minute or two, before they stopped at a certain place.

Soon after, they dug deeper into the earth.

---

What are they doing now?

Before I could think about it, Yeoreum’s voice reached me through the transmission,

“Let’s land here and wait.”

Eunseo and I agreed to her idea and set down our ships nearby.

Before long, the ship sensors told me that the scorpions were coming back up from under the ground.

This time, however, there were only four of them: Three of the young with their mother.

We heard a rumble and the ground under us shook a bit, but not enough to affect our ships.

With a crack, a group of rock formations close to our landing spot parted, and out came the monsters; the children following the mother out of the entrance they opened.

They crawled up to a clearing near our ships and stood by.

Seeing as they were waiting for us, I left my vessel and went out to meet them, together with Eunseo and Yeoreum.

As we got closer, I saw several constructs of metal and glass on the giant scorpion’s back, some preserved well and others less so.

We stood face-to-face with the mother Schor Tabem, taking a minimum precaution in case they’ll do something to us.

Seeing us, she raised her right arm up to her back, and picked up a few of the machines at once. On the ground in front of us, she carefully laid them out for us to see.

I picked them up and read the description that appeared:

‘Ion Phaser MK.III’

‘Catcher’s Flume’

‘Magna Artifact’

‘Warhammer’s Cry’…

These were all mid-grade tech! There were even a few higher middle-grade modules among them, though a little weathered in places.

“These are for us?” I asked the giant scorpion.

She answered me by putting her pincers around the stuff in front of us, as if covering it. After making that gesture, she pulled her arms back to their original position.

“Your treasures, huh.” I understood what the large monster meant.

If she dug down deeper earlier to get this stuff, this must be their home. That explains why not all of them came back out.

“So one each for us, I guess?” Eunseo suggested, reaching out for something she had an eye on.

Seeing as it didn’t stop her storing the metal box in her inventory, it looks like she was right.

Yeoreum chose a cylinder with technical patterns etched on the surface, so I was the one left.

I looked at the options in front of me. Weapons, modifiers, things even my system couldn’t describe to me…

None of them were below middle grade, at least.

Still,

“If I refuse these artifacts, what would you give me instead?”

I looked towards the giant scorpion and posed my question.

The tech may well be useful to me in a thousand ways, but I couldn’t help being curious as to what lay ‘beyond the veil’, so to speak.

Eunseo got a job on Chao after she refused the reward for her help.

If I do the same now, what will I get?

Still silent at my question, the large Schor Tabem maintained an emotionless look her eyes continued to look into mine.

I didn’t know what kind of image I was showing her. Dignity? Demand? A fragile bravado?

After a few seconds, the monster in front of me broke eye contact and turned around towards her own body.

With delicate movements of her heavy claw, she removed what looked like an old, weathered scale from her body, then motioned her children to come over.

They approached the scale held in her claw and began picking at it with their own pincers. After they were finished, I saw that a pattern of lines was etched in the scale, itself having a dark brown streak running through the centre of its symmetrical shape.

The pattern looked like a scribble of a simple coat-of-arms, with three lines each extending out of either side of the larger brown mark.

The giant scorpion held the scale in front of me. Only when I held out my hand did she place it in my open palm.

Around the size of a dinner plate, the scale was dry and had a rough texture, as if made out of hardened sand. However, it felt heavy and solid to the touch; you’d need a strong hammer or pickaxe to put a dent in it.

The description appeared in my system:

‘Mother Schor Tabem’s Word’

I asked Uzzu if it could tell me anything about this.

“That’s the mark of the Schor Tabem, Astronaut! Monsters sometimes leave marks to explorers who helped them out of a difficult situation.”

“When you need their help, this mark can represent you in an urgent situation where you cannot go and meet them."

To return the favour, huh?

Returning my gaze onto the scorpions, I fell into thought.

The children aren’t strong enough to fight, and I’m sure they don’t want to separate from their mother for a long time.

The parent herself can’t even fit in any of our ships!

The marks shouldn’t be limited to just the home planet of the monster; Uzzu did not specifically say that this was the case. What was I missing?

After a few minutes of contemplation, an image of the Nexus and its terminals appeared in my mind.

…Ah, I see.

No, I could indeed bring the whole family with me if I need to. It’ll just cost me like ten or fifty times the amount of credits I have on me to do so.

“Thank you for your generosity,” I said to the mature Schor Tabem. Holding up the scale, “I’ll use this well.”

---

After we said or farewells, the four scorpions returned to their home.

“So, what now?” Eunseo came up to me asking about our next plan.

“We don’t have much longer for today, right?” I answered, “Let’s just chill here until the end, I don’t think the Schor Tabem family deep underground will mind us staying.”

“Is that their name? Schor Tabem?” She pursed her lips in interest.

“Yeah, Uzzu told me in the ship.”

Feeling a little uncomfortable in my current condition,

“I think I’ll head back to the Wandering to take a bath. Need to throw this suit in the laundry as well.”

“Yeah, all of us can definitely use a shower right now.” Yeoreum was already by the door of the Indignant 11 after sorting her stuff out. She quickly went in and closed the hatch.

“Okay, I’ll see you around.” Eunseo said, returning to her own ship.

I didn’t stay any longer outside, going back inside the Wandering 14 once it was done blowing out the dust from the last operation.

---

“Most of the information about the Schor Tabem and other wildlife can be found in the relevant literature, Astronaut.”

Uzzu did not answer the question I asked. However,

“All that I can say is that, the individuals who have earned the Schor Tabem’s trust are very few in HF’s history.”

As expected, it was quite a high achievement that we were able to make friends with the Sandtrap Macebearers, even if it was only a single family of them.

The washing machine that was currently cleaning my suit indicated that it’ll take around one more hour to finish the wash and dry process.

I set a pair of trousers and a matching tee/overshirt duo on the bed, then entered the hygiene facility to wash up.

It took me only five minutes to finish showering. I dried myself with the towel, went out into the crew quarters, and put on the new clothes I bought back on C’ssun-R.

As I examined the fit of the casual clothes on my body, a notification popped up on the HUD.

[Day 1: 30 Minutes Remaining]

It looks like HF will tell us when the logout will happen. I don’t think that there’s enough time to do anything really major before we leave, but just hanging around should be fine.

I heard that you’ll be able to log in and out as you wish in the full game, like all MMOs do. Since we were playing before release, however, we agreed to have the curfew in place.

I looked outside the windows: It was a clear, cool night. The dust on Nillon has all but settled, and we weren’t too far away from Kremur Falls to lose sight of the grandiose rock formations in the distance.

A walk outside should close out the day nicely.

Then again, I’ve been focusing so much on Hyperspace Frontier that I constantly forgot that I was playing with literally my favourite thirteen girls in the entire world.

Well, in my defense, they were just as caught up in the game as much as I was.

I met five of them today and it looked like most of them were doing fine… Except Dayoung, I hope she’s okay.

Nah, she should be good. Exy and Bona is with her after all.

The first day was indeed ‘WJSN in space’, for better or for worse.

Time continued to pass and I had nothing left to do.

A) Take a walk outside and admire the starry sky.

B) Check up on Eunseo and Yeoreum, see what they’re up to.

C) Go onto the group chat and talk about what everyone’s done today.