Stage K

Stage K

PRESENT

2019

 

Stage K

Backstage

 

 

 

‘Someone looks dashing today’ Eunhyuk teased as soon as he saw Donghae who is already ready for today’s guesting.

 

 

Donghae just let out a hearty laugh. He was indeed really excited for today’s recording as they will be the guest judge for Stage K – the new TV Show about global K-Pop dance competition. Of course, the show will not be complete if they will not feature the original K-Pop group who started the Korean Wave – SUPER JUNIOR.

 

 

Their group is known as one of the most successful Hallyu Kings globally. They are basically one of the groups who presided the second generation of K-pop. 14 years and counting, the timeless group is still renowned as ever, and their impact on the K-pop scene remains intact even in the midst of their respective members serving in the military.

 

 

 

And aside from it, there is also another reason why he is so pump up today – the former member of 2NE1 – SANDARA PARK.

 

 

 

The whole K-Pop world was astounded when they revealed their “10 year friendship” thru posting a photo together. While most celebrities broadcast their friends to fellow idols or star, they managed to keep their friendship low key and private – a friendship that he will treasure forever.

 

 

 

It was one of the most celebrated friendships in the K-pop scene as they give credits to both Donghae and Dara for being able to keep it strong despite of being signed to rival agencies – YG Entertainment and SM.

 

 

 

That’s why no one was expecting it as they were hardly seen to have interaction, even during Awards Shows or Music Festivals. YG artist are often on the farthest corner of the stage, avoiding the limelight while SM artists are bouncing everywhere.

 

 

 

YG artist are often labeled as cold and fierce group. They usually hang out with fashion designers and international artist. Their mere presence screams Elegance, Money and Fame. Whenever they are lined up with various activities and promotions, money comes back right after. They are the cool group that you want to be with in – and the group that don’t want to mess up with.

 

 

 

And 2NE1 was not named as Rookie Monsters who battles head on with their senior group like Super Junior for nothing. There were instances in the past wherein they were outdone in the number one spot by 2NE1, the group who debuted just a year ago. Their charisma and stage presence is no joke.

 

 

 

 

It touches his heart seeing how his fans warmly accept and support Dara.

 

 

 

Maybe because they was able to see that he is genuine and true about their friendship – after all, he was the only Super Junior member who bravely broadcast right in front of thousand ELFS during their 100th Super Show in Seoul, that he invited his long-time friend, SANDARA PARK of 2NE1. Even Super Junior members were dumbfounded at first, but hearing the loud approval cheers from the crowd, and that boyish grin that the love seeing in Donghae’s face, they knew right from that moment that she is warmly welcome to their fandom.

 

 

After they revealed their secret friendship, they received positive feedbacks and support from his fans. Some are even telling him that Dara is the only person whom they’ll approve to be his girlfriend.

 

 

 

GIRLFRIEND

 

 

 

Unknowingly, that certain ‘feeling’ starts to warms his heart again as he was widely grinning with these thoughts in his head.

 

 

 

‘Yah! Lee Donghae! Aren’t you getting tired of smiling? I swear you are creeping me out’ Heechul joked as he kicked his chair lightly.

 

 

 

‘Ah hyung!’ He whined like a kid and laughs.

 

 

 

‘Busted’ Heechul thought.

 

 

 

He really likes teasing their younger member – especially Donghae, his favorite maknae. The guy is still the same 15 year old SM trainee that he met way back – he just physically grew, but the kid that he adores is still there.

 

 

 

Heechul remembers correctly that the man-kid Donghae was overly excited upon receiving the notice that they will be guest stars at the new JTBC show, Stage K. He even called Sandara after their Manager presented their upcoming schedule in which the latter excitedly squeals.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock. Knock.

 

 

 

‘Annyeonghaseyo Super Junior sunbae-nim’

 

 

 

Sandara suddenly appeared right in front of their eyes. She bowed at them politely and eventually gave them a sweet smile. Dressed up like a doll, her hair neatly tied up, revealing her perfect forehead, her bright eyes and porcelain skin, she was literally glowing – making her even more beautiful.

 

 

 

Donghae was left in awe.

 

 

 

‘Noona! You’re here’

 

 

 

Eunhyuk happily welcomed her. It’s been months since they last seen each other. Thanks to the program wherein they starred together, the awkwardness between them was completely gone.

 

 

 

‘My hair and make-up is done so I dropped by to see you all’ she chuckles ‘Oh, I’ve brought you energy drinks’ she proudly lifted the plastic bag she’s carrying

 

 

 

‘Oh! Thank you Dara-ssi’ Heechul warmly received it.

 

 

Unlike the reputation that is circulating regarding the Cosmic Super Star and savage variety king of Super Junior – Kim Heechul, he is very shy towards Sandara.

 

 

 

It was not a secret that the Super Junior member was smitten with Sandara Park’s natural charm and timeless beauty. He used to tell everyone that he hasn’t met someone more beautiful than himself – not until he landed an MC gig with Dara during the SBS Gayo Daejun 2013. He just found himself staring at her and he wasn’t even aware of it.

 

 

 

During the whole program, he was very attentive and helpful to Sandara. She keeps on practicing in between takes. Asking him questions on how she can deliver the lines properly. Her nervousness and awkwardness magically disappears as soon as the camera was focused on them. She can even catch up with his adlibs – which amazes him.

 

 

 

Of course upon returning to their dorm, he was welcomed by the fuming Donghae who lectured him for hours about how disrespectful it is to keep on staring at someone. That was the longest speech he ever received from his dongsaeng and he did not even complained about it.

 

 

 

‘Omo! Your ribbon looks good cute on you’ Sandara pointed and cutely giggles.

 

 

 

‘I should stand out today of course. I am Super Junior’s visual remember’ Heechul chuckles as he secretly blushed. He still doesn’t know why he feels shy towards the girl when they hang out several times already.

 

 

‘Yah! Donghae-ah, get up let and Dara-ssi sit’

 

 

 

That was the only moment Donghae was able to move from his feet and smiled at her.

 

 

 

‘Anyeong Donghae-ah’ She beamed at him sweetly.

 

 

 

He quickly strides towards Sandara and instinctively hugged her, whom answered him with a tight embrace as he planted a gentle kiss on her forehead – a gesture that both of them are used to do and Super Junior members used to see.

 

 

 

Everybody knows Donghae loves skinship with other members but he does it only to his male friends – well except for Sandara. It just comes out naturally since they hardly see each other due to intertwined schedules. They have this special bond in which they can’t explain why they are so comfortable with each other. Leetuk once call his attention about his skinship with Sandara, afraid that the latter might misinterpret his gesture but Donghae just shrugged it off.

 

 

 

‘How are you? We haven’t seen each other for a while’ Donghae asked while looking at the petite girl encircled in his arms intently.

 

 

 

‘Still the same’ She sniggers ‘Look at you. You lost weight?’ Sandara frowned a little and pouted. ‘You’re working too hard. You’re getting skinny just like me’

 

 

 

‘Ani.’ He shook his head. ‘You know how I work when it comes to our promotion. I’m used to it.’ He smiled. Donghae finally freed her from his embrace.

 

 

 

‘Yeah right’ Sandara rolled her eyes and laughs. ‘Anyway I’m here to tell you guys that we are very humbled and thankful that you grant our invitation to be the guest judge for today.’ She bowed to them again. ‘I hope you’ll enjoy the show. Super Junior, fighting!’

 

 

 

‘Before we start let’s take a group picture with Dara noona’ Ryewook took his phone.

 

 

 

Everyone excitedly squished Sandara.