Chapter 1 - New neighbors

What if?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Diyeon's POV

 

Just another day of being stuck in a classroom listening to Mrs. Kim talk about the basics of music, honestly speaking, she should just retire at this point, as she's been talking about the same old since she started teaching here 48 years ago!

 

"...the dolly zoom was created in order to emphasise..." saved by the bell once again. Finally I can get out of this hell hole.

 

"Yo Diyeon!" Aish can't these people tell that I just wanna go home ASAP!? But of course my best friend is a dense idiot.

 

"What do you want Suyeon? I wanna go home." This better have a good reason on delaying my me time.

 

"Have you heard? Someone from our year in the acting department just debuted!" Aish this girl, as if someone debuting is news worthy, there are literal idols who go here.

 

"A new person debuts every month Su-ya, I don't get why you're so excited"

 

"But this is Kim Minjoo! The department beauty, I heard she's even third in her class! Every one is saying she's gonna be big, especially since she debuted through Produce48! She also debuted with one of our sunbaenims Kwon Eunbi.” Suyeon squealed like a 3 year old high on candy.

 

Produce48? Isn't that the show my cousin Gyuri went to? I stopped watching that show after I.O.I disbanded, I couldn't handle another heartbreak like that ever again.

 

"Whoever she is I hope she's ready for the heartbreak after her contract ends.” I know I sound bitter, but after I.O.I and Wanna One? I’m not putting myself through that kind of pain ever again.

 

"Geez Diyeon, why are you so negative? Let the girl enjoy her debut.” Suyeon should really know by now how much of a pessimist I am.

 

"Whatever Su-ya, I really have to go home now. My parents told me that they might call me today.” You might be wondering why I live alone, right? Well, let’s just say that my parents are somewhere in Japan right now handling the Japanese branch of our business. I don't really know why they decided to expand to Japan? Maybe it's because of J-pop becoming more well-known around the world. Oh, and in case you were wondering our family's business is producing music videos for different artists.

 

"Bye-bye di-di!" I told this girl so many times not to call me that, she knows how much I hate that nickname.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter