Chapter 4

Igavene Armastus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why was this woman crying, hyperventilating, and the most important thing of all, why was she uttering his name as if she knew him?

After all, Kim Jongin had never met the woman before, and he was sure his memory was not that faulty to the point that he would forget a person with such bright hazel eyes.

He was not sure what she was feeling at the moment, but it sure was not all rainbows. In any case, this was his fault. Troublesome as it was, first, he needed to make her stop hyperventilating.

Easier said than done.

“I don’t know how you know me, but take a deep breath, okay? I don’t want you to pass out.” That came out different from what he intended, but the intention was still there.

“Just…just let me be... And I, I will be fine.” The woman whose name he had no knowledge of, barely uttered the sentence before she hung her head down once more. She curled herself and hugged her knees, her breathing still rapid.

Upon seeing that, his lips twitched.

She was not being cooperative at all. How was he going to be able to help if the person that needed the help did not want any of it in the first place? At this rate, she was going to faint.

He looked at his wristwatch; he only had fifteen more minutes before class would start. He sighed.

Since he was not a monster, he tried to help the female student one more time. “Alright, in case you didn’t know, you need to breathe through your hands to slow down your breathing by cupping them to your mouth. Inhale and exhale, slowly,” he instructed as he tried to get her to listen.

When she uncurled herself, it seemed as if she was willing to listen to him. However, she proved Jongin wrong.

She put her hands on the ground for support as she slowly got up, trembling and wobbling, almost on the verge of falling down.

“Hey, standing up is not the wisest thing to do right now!” He immediately held her, and despite his complaint, he helped her up.

Once Jongin deemed that she was safely on her two feet and would not collapse to the ground, he let her go.

Well, it was more like he had to let go as the woman had shoved him away.

“...Watch where you are going next time,” she said with a feeble voice before she walked away, stumbling in her steps every so often.

He did not stop her. It was his fault in the first place for crashing into her. And though he did not know the exact causes, he was well aware that he had a hand in making her hyperventilate.

However, that did not affect how displeased he was at being dismissed even when he had offered and given the woman help.

He could not leave the woman alone. Who knew if she was going to collapse along the way?

He ruffled his own dark brown hair and grumbled upon seeing that he had only ten minutes left to get to class, “There are certainly better ways for me to start this morning.”

Picking up his bag that had fallen due to being thrown by a certain bastard, he noticed there was another bag left abandoned on the ground.

“She could have at least taken her bag. It would have saved me the trouble.” He sighed and slung both bags over his shoulder.

From the looks of it, the woman hated him for reasons unknown. That would mean she would not appreciate him following her. Still, it would not sit right with him to just totally leave her alone.

Right, he needed to be stealthy about this.

"Goddamn it, why didn’t I just crash into a tree? Rather, I’m going to kill him for this.”

Jongin gritted his teeth and kept watch on the woman from a distance.

 

That was a mistake. Taking a stroll was a mistake. No, perhaps going to school when she had just become eighteen again was a mistake. She should have thought things through. Make absolutely sure of what events had already passed, what was going to happen in the future, and what were her relationships with people like.

Too rash, too excited for another shot at life.

Having the resolve to die, jumping off that bridge. Too many things had led her to end it all, but it was definitely Jongin that broke the last straw for her. However, she died wishing to live again.

Now that she was given another chance, why must she be so careless?

What, or who was she living for this time?

Kim Jongin?

She knew she mustn’t repeat her mistakes, and one of them was falling in love with him.

So, why?

In the midst of all the anger and agony, why was there still love present inside of her? Why did she still hold affection for him? Why must her heart beat for him once she saw him?

Just what was it that she was hoping for?

She shook her head, trying to keep her thoughts from spiraling and growing into an endless loop.

Slowly, she stumbled into the long corridor of the school building as she leaned on the wall for support. Nobody else was in the corridor except for her. The silence that permeated the corridor indicated that the classes had already started.

However, her destination was not her class.

The world around her was spinning and her vision was blurry; she had to go to the infirmary before she crumpled to the floor like a useless doll.

Where was the infirmary again?

It had been nine agonizing years since she last stepped foot into the academy and she was not the type to frequent the nurse’s o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter